Tom's SC 2016

Started by TomK, November 16, 2015, 01:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Quote from: TomK on January 06, 2016, 03:09:23 PM
Think I've finally settled on a team til the NAB Challenge

DEF: K. Kolodjashnij, J. Bartel, B. Smith, N. Malceski, A. Francis, M. Brown (C. Byrne, J. Wagner)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, R. Sloane, T. Rockliff, T. Liberatore, B. Crouch, D. Myers, C. Petracca (D. Gore, N. Freeman, L. Sumner)
RUC: T. Goldstein, S. Martin (M. King)
FWD: D. Martin, H. Bennell, M. Barlow, M. Leuenberger, B. Kennedy, S. Kerridge (M. Adams, S. Yarran)
CASH LEFT: $4,400

Only 4.4k left is a worry but I have expensive on each line so can find a little bit of cash there if need be

B: has potential but if those guys have Similair seasons to 2015 then you are in trouble there. Would like to see one safe gun that you can rely on (Shaw or McVeigh)

M: really solid, can't fault at all

R: perfect combo and one I'm considering myself

F: if you could find a little extra to upgrade B.Kennedy to Wells I think it would be a perfect forward line. Still very solid none the less.

Strong side all up

TomK

Originally did have Shaw then traded him to McVeigh and now he's down to KK so it's the position I am most stuck on but all my defenders should be improving their average next season so I am comfortable with it at the moment.

Not the biggest fan of Wells despite his low price and DPP, I personally don't think he will last at all, if he has a solid NAB challenge I probably find a way to pick him up but at the moment he's out.

Cheers for your thoughts man!

Peter

Lovely side and great reasoning

TomK

DEF: J. McVeigh, K. Kolodjashnij, J. Bartel, B. Smith, A. Francis, M. Brown (J. Wagner, M. Hartley)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, R. Gray, T. Rockliff, L. Parker, T. Liberatore, B. Crouch, D. Parish, C. Petracca (N. Freeman, D. Gore, L. Sumner)
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Lobbe (M. King)
FWD: D. Martin, H. Bennell, M. Barlow, L. Franklin, B. Kennedy, S. Kerridge (N. Kommer, M. Adams)
CASH LEFT: $3,500

With Lobbe now being relevant have got him in for Stef and along with a few other changes have allowed me trade 2 midpricers in Malceski and Luey to keepers in Buddy and McVeigh, so pretty happy with this at the moment.

TomK

K.Simpson, J.Bartel, B.Smith, E.Mackenzie, A.Francis, M.Brown (C.Byrne, M.Hartley)
S.Pendlebury, G.Ablett, R.Gray, T.Rockliff, T.Liberatore, B.Crouch, D.Parish, C.Petracca (J.Gresham, J.Jansen, S.Menegola)
T.Goldstein, N.Naitanui (M.King)
D.Martin, L.Dahlhaus, M.Barlow, L.Franklin, B.Kennedy, S.Kerridge (M.Adams, S.Yarran)
$300 Remaining

DEF: Still backing in KK for a big year but went for that little bit more security in Simmo and hopefully he is a bit of a POD as well.
MID: Stock standard mids, nothing exciting to see. Have Jansen on bench because on BF (Yes I know :P), someone who posted about him coming to the Lions weeks before it hit the media, has said he is a lock for round 1. Obviously rookies don't matter much now but he can stay for now.
RUC: Set and Forget, no risks here.
FOR: Cooled off of Bennell for now, some of the stats in the thread in the P&T's section has made me go for Dahl instead. Reckon Buddy is in for a huge year and will get back to his best, 2nd behind Tex in Coleman though ;)

Bully

A good balanced side, strongly considering Buddy myself, he seems to be good value from the outset.

Definitely agree with the Kennedy to Wells option.

I would also look for ways to switch Parish to O'Meara if he's fit (and reports suggest he's on target for round one).

TomK

Not a fan of Wells at all tbh, just don't trust at him at all to not get injured. If he was a little cheaper like his price in RDT, then he would be in but for now I'll pass.

Parish to O'Meara would a good trade but not sure where I would find the 115k, if some good DEF rookies come up in the NAB, I could always downgrade EMac and do that trade but I will probably leave this til the NAB

Big Mac

Really like this side mate, actually very similar to mine (identical structure too) before I started trying to fit in O'Meara  :P

Plenty of room to move too, with guys like Francis/Parish/Kennedy holding cash for you if you need to make changes elsewhere. Could sit on this team until Nab and be in a very solid position, although you probably won't  ;)

One question though, as an Adelaide supporter, how do you view Smith? I have an uneasy feeling about him personally, have seen him in plenty of sides though

TomK

Cheers man!

Yeah that was the plan with Francis/Parish/Kennedy, having an 'expensive' rookie on each line, if cheaper rookies pop up during NAB, there is a few easy changes there to allow me to get O'Meara

Smith is an interesting one, there's no question the concussions affected him last year but I'm not sure if that was the reason for his up and down scores all year. He did move up the ground a bit more last year compared to his AA year so he could have just been adjusting to that new role. Pyke has already said he will be playing him at HB where he's played his best footy so I'm expecting a 90+ average but whether he can be consistent and go higher is another question. With Danger gone though, he's up the order in terms of a tag now but I'd still expect Sloane to be the #1 target. He's personally a lock for me (no bias ;)) but there is still a bit of risk with if he can get back to his best form, handle any attention if it comes his way and consistency

TomK

Quote from: TomK on February 01, 2016, 10:31:11 PM
K.Simpson, K.Kolodjashnij, J.Bartel, B.Smith, A.Francis, M.Brown (C.Byrne, M.Hartley)
S.Pendlebury, G.Ablett, T.Rockliff, T.Liberatore, J.O'Meara, B.Crouch, D.Parish, C.Petracca (J.Gresham, J.Jansen, S.Menegola)
D.Martin, L.Dahlhaus, M.Barlow, L.Franklin, B.Kennedy, S.Kerridge (M.Adams, S.Yarran)
$41.1K Remaining
Couple of changes made in bold

Gray (115) + EMac (75) = 190
to
JOM (90-95) + KK (95) = 185 - 190

Scoring potentia close to the same with JOM potential to go higher and be a keeper at m8-m9 with Crouch and an extra 40k in the bank as well

Big Mac

Quote from: TomK on February 03, 2016, 01:49:05 PM
K.Simpson, K.Kolodjashnij, J.Bartel, B.Smith, A.Francis, M.Brown (C.Byrne, M.Hartley)
S.Pendlebury, G.Ablett, T.Rockliff, T.Liberatore, J.O'Meara, B.Crouch, D.Parish, C.Petracca (J.Gresham, J.Jansen, S.Menegola)
$41.1K Remaining

Gray (115) + EMac (75) =180
to

Better scoring potential imo and an extra 40k in the bank

Not sure if it changes anything but 115+75 = 190  ;)

TomK

Quote from: Big  Mac on February 03, 2016, 02:02:08 PM
Quote from: TomK on February 03, 2016, 01:49:05 PM
$41.1K Remaining

Gray (115) + EMac (75) =180
to

Better scoring potential imo and an extra 40k in the bank

Not sure if it changes anything but 115+75 = 190  ;)
Well that's embarrasing hahahaha :-[ But I think I'll leave it still hahaha

Ringo

Think the changes you made weaken your midfield a little TK.  You would want a m4 firing from Rd 1 and I do not see that with Libba.  Can see Libba being a keeper but bear in mind he has not played for a full year so may be a little rusty early with scores down.

I am really wary on JOM as he has knee issues and coming back from an ACL. Also in 44 games he has only tonned up 16 times so wary and will watch

TomK

It's definitely a risk but it all depends on how they look in the NAB, just thought that these three are the best midpricers available so why not start them all, also have Guns n Rookies everywhere else as well\

Cheers Ringo!

TomK

Pre-Nab -

Simpson, Bartel, Yeo, Smith, Byrne, Brown. (Hartley, Broad)
Pendlebury, Ablett, Rockliff, Wines, Liberatore, Crouch, Gresham, Polkinghorne. (Petracca, Cuningham, Dunkley)
Goldy, NN. (Grimley)
Martin, Barlow, Robinson, Buddy, Wells, Kerridge. (Kommer, Adams)
$27.7k Remains