Tom's SC 2016

Started by TomK, November 16, 2015, 01:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben_020285

Quote from: TomK on February 17, 2016, 11:20:25 PM
Pre-Nab -

Simpson, Bartel, Yeo, Smith, Byrne, Brown. (Hartley, Broad)
Pendlebury, Ablett, Rockliff, Wines, Liberatore, Crouch, Gresham, Polkinghorne. (Petracca, Cuningham, Dunkley)
Goldy, NN. (Grimley)
Martin, Barlow, Robinson, Buddy, Wells, Kerridge. (Kommer, Adams)
$27.7k Remains

Awesome team. 14/17 of our keepers/midpricers are the same.

Love the structure too.

TomK

Post NAB -

Shaw, Laird, Bartel, Smith, Brown, Hartley (Adams, Broad)
Fyfe, Pendlebury, GAJ, Rockliff, Libba, B.Crouch, Gresham, Kerridge (Menadue, Petracca, Davis)
Goldy, NN (Grimley)
Martin, Barlow, Hall, Wells, Kennedy, Milera (McCarthy, Tippa)
1.1k Remaining

Very happy with this, would like to fit Mills in for Milera but not sure where to get the 35k.

If I have to find some cash I will probably go Smith - Lonergan/Seedsman which will also give a bit more cash to throw around but losing a keeper in Smith to a stepping stone/midpricer in Lonergan/Seedsman is not ideal also not buying into the midpricers in defence, not confident in any of them.

No Clangerfield hype for me ;) :P I kid haha but would love to fit him in but I'm not trading any of my 4 mid premos to him and would have to change structure completely to bring him in as 5th premo which I don't want to do so upgrade target for me. Petracca is there for the loophole until he plays then I will look to bring in King for a fwd rookie.

Rucks speak for themselves.

Watched Hall on Friday night and he was just too good to leave out, imo he will still mainly be a midfielder when GAJ, Swallow, Prestia and JOM are  in the same team, obviously his numbers will probably drop a bit but I think he'll still be good enough for F6.

Bully

Good side but I worry about the mid bench coverage, Petracca & Davis could set you back with the cash generation, particularly if Davis fails to perform. I think you need one of Mills or Oliver to add a bit of security.

AaronKirk

I have to agree with Bully mate.

The midfield rookies just don't cut it really to be have a lot of confidence to pick a floating donut when you could potentially have 2 donuts in round 2 if Davis doesn't have a good game in round 1.

Gresham from St Kilda looks to have decent JS and at 144k should be on your midfield bench IMO for Petracca.

If possible can you find a way to turn Petracca into Gresham and then turn Milera or McCarthy into Mills?

Would you consider dropping Heater to a cheaper premo defender such as Houli or Simpson to get the extra cash?

Ringo

Agree with both AK and Bully as well you need to really adjust mid bench. You have DPP options but risky.

TomK

Cheers fellas! Yeah I get what you're saying, it would feel a lot more safer with Mills/Oliver in there but there isn't anywhere I'm willing to downgrade right now to get some cash. The ideal trade would be Davis - Mills but even Shaw - Simpson leaves me a couple hundred short and even if that could work, I really want Shaw from the start. Might just sit on this til R1 teams and go from there :-\

Quote from: AaronKirk on March 14, 2016, 10:02:03 AM
Gresham from St Kilda looks to have decent JS and at 144k should be on your midfield bench IMO for Petracca.

If possible can you find a way to turn Petracca into Gresham and then turn Milera or McCarthy into Mills?
Already got Gresh at M7, AK

TomK

Quote from: TomK on March 14, 2016, 03:48:56 AM
Shaw, Laird, Bartel, Weitering, Dea, Hartley (Adams, Brown)
Fyfe, Pendlebury, GAJ, Rockliff, Libba, B.Crouch, Mills, Kerridge (Menadue, Petracca, Davis)
Goldy, NN (Grimley)
Martin, Barlow, Hall, Wells, Kennedy, Milera (McCarthy, Tippa)
62k Remaining
Okay so I have currently sacrificed my boy Brodie Smith which I'm not happy with doing, to Weitering. It's allowed to me to do these two trades - Broad - Dea and Gresham - Mills which gives me better rookies with a better chance to play round one and also an extra 62k. Would it be worth it to use 30k on Milera - Oliver?

jeesh

I'd probably spend that 30k on turning Petracca into Gresham. Personal preference I rather start with all 30 playing cause I figure soon enough I'll get a loophole option through injury or omission.

TomK

Quote from: jeesh on March 18, 2016, 04:44:16 PM
I'd probably spend that 30k on turning Petracca into Gresham. Personal preference I rather start with all 30 playing cause I figure soon enough I'll get a loophole option through injury or omission.
I'm definitely thinking of it. If Gresh is named then I will probably make the switch, I think it was Bully who posted a very convincing argument in his team thread about this which has made me think it's the right choice.

TomK

DEF: H.Shaw, R.Laird, J.Bartel, J.Weitering, M.Dea, M.Adams (A.McDonald-Tipungwuti, M.Brown)
MID: N.Fyfe, P.Dangerfield, G.Ablett, L.Parker, T.Liberatore, B.Crouch, B.Kennedy, C.Oliver (C.Mills, C.Menadue, R.Davis)
RUC: T.Goldstein, N.Naitanui (L.Goetz)
FOR: A.Hall, M.Robinson, M.Barlow, D.Wells, S.Kerridge, T.Papley (L.McCarthy, W.Milera)

$69.1K Remaining.

28 trades left.

Okay so the problem is Brad Crouch and what to do with him, 69K doesn't give me too many options and worked out a few which could work.

1. Hold him and use as a loophole

2. Go down to Parish and pocket the 46k

3. Go down to Parish and then next week Milera - Ruggles and Mills - B.Smith

4. Go a week or two early on Milera - Ruggles and Crouch - Zaharakis

Would love some thoughts :)

jeesh

After recommending Gresham I should probably refrain from making further comments but what about going Crouch to Hartley?

TomK

Quote from: jeesh on April 12, 2016, 12:37:03 PM
After recommending Gresham I should probably refrain from making further comments but what about going Crouch to Hartley?
Hahaha that was alright mate, would've gone him anyway.

Hadn't really considered Hartley tbh, not sold on his JS with Grima waiting and his scoring won't be all that great I assume.

Ringo

Depending on how desperately you want Zaha.  If you do I would go this week as he is predicted to rise another 33k this week with a B/e of 42.  And the following B/e predicted at 77 with another 30k price rise.

So up to you but 4 looks appealing.

jeesh

Quote from: TomK on April 12, 2016, 02:59:48 PM
Quote from: jeesh on April 12, 2016, 12:37:03 PM
Hahaha that was alright mate, would've gone him anyway.

Hadn't really considered Hartley tbh, not sold on his JS with Grima waiting and his scoring won't be all that great I assume.

Assuming Grima gets named this week as per say and Hartley holds his spot I'll take him cause I'm gonna probably need another downgrade in ST-Ruggles the following week

TomK

Quote from: Ringo on April 12, 2016, 03:41:56 PM
Depending on how desperately you want Zaha.  If you do I would go this week as he is predicted to rise another 33k this week with a B/e of 42.  And the following B/e predicted at 77 with another 30k price rise.

So up to you but 4 looks appealing.
Just not sure if Zaha can keep it up, he's a bargain at his price right now for what he is doing but still a risk. Also doesn't feel right culling Milera so early when I'm pretty sure he still has a negative BE but Crouch needs to go and I don't wanna downgrade him :-\