Tom's SC 2016

Started by TomK, November 16, 2015, 01:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomK

DEF: H.Shaw, S.Docherty, J.Bartel, R.Laird, B.Smith, D.Byrne-Jones (M.Brown, K.Brand)
MID: P.Dangerfield, S.Pendlebury, G.Ablett, L.Parker, M.Priddis, M.Murphy, T.Liberatore, B.Kennedy (J.Hopper, J.Smith, R.Davis)
RUC: T.Goldstien, N.Naitanui (L.Goetz)
FOR: L.Dahlhaus, Z.Merrett, A.Hall, M.Robinson, D.Wells, S.Kerridge (C.Petracca, C.Menadue)
164.8K Remaining, 15 Trades left.

BenKen - Gray is locked in, lose my DPP but not too worried about that at this stage.

Next trade a bit stuck on. I want Mathieson, helps a lot with my current bye structure. Smith still has cash to make but might be necessary. Murphy is going to plummet even more in cash and has already lost me money. If I go Smith, I'll have enough Cash next week for Brown - McVeigh which will complete my defence and only one rookie (Kerridge) left on field. If I go Murph, I'll obviously have enough for the Brown - McVeigh trade but I'll be an extra premo down but the cash generation will be better. Plan is, if I keep Murph, to make Libba/Murph M8/9 Loophole players. Smith to trade is probably the more sensible option.

Any thoughts guys?

GoLions

Could go a week early on Collins and skip Matho? Menadue-->Collins via Brown, open up fwd/def dpp, Bennedy to Gray?

TomK

Not really keen on having Collins and Brand as D7/8. Want DBJ there which I can do next week. Plus it messes with my current bye structure as well so I reckon I won't bother with Collins and I'll just go ahead with the Smith - Matho and cop the fact he has more money to make. Cheers GL!

PICCOLLO

Dunno about having both Murph and Libba. One to go to m9 eventually sounds good (probably Libba) but this could be an opportunity to clean up your mids a bit?

Youve got 5 of the best mids going then it drops off sharply.

Im with you on not getting collins while you have Brand. Its dicey. So Matho is the go.

What about Menadue to mids for Matho and upgrade kerridge? Doesnt seem ideal but a menadue 40 in the byes makes it almost not worth having him.  Not to mention he may not even get a game.

Getting Gray is attractive however but it can only be done via Murph.

TomK

Team after trades this week - (Bolded have bye)

Shaw, Dochers, Bartel, Laird, Pittard, B.Smith (DBJ, Collins)
Danger, Pendles, Ablett, Parker, Sloane, Priddis, Gray, Libba (Hopper, Stewart, Mathieson)
Goldy, Gawn (Goetz)
Merrett, Montagna, Dahlhaus, Robinson, Wells, Hall (Kerridge, Phillips)

$57.2K Remaining, 6 Trades left after this week.

Trades this week were Petracca/Menadue - Montagna/Phillips and if everyone plays should have 20 this week with 18 next week.

Not sure what to do with Libba. Would like to get rid of him this week but the best option I can get who has had their bye is Treloar I reckon and I don't really want him. I want to move him to M9 but he is a liability on field at the moment and I don't want to wait until one of my cows fattens up to have the cash to upgrade Hopper to a premo.

To off set some of the damage he does, what I'm thinking of next week is -

Kerridge/Hall straight swap to Buddy, leaving the other as F7/M9 swingman once I bring a DPP into mids
Very premature but Stewart - Silvagni/Hammelman to sit at F8 via Phillips giving me DPP into mids
Hopper - Zaharakis

This will allow me to have the choice of Libba/Zaha every week and the opportunity to loophole if I have a non playing player somewhere and Hall/Kerridge covering the forward line and midfield with 3 trades left with the intention to upgrade Libba eventually leaving Zaha as permanent M9.

Thoughts? 

TomK

Slowly moving up the ranks, moving up 425 to 3262. Have 19 playing this week currently so hopefully can move up into the top 3K.

Team is basically complete and as follows -

Shaw, Docherty, Bartel, Laird, Pittard, B.Smith (Byrne-Jones, Collins)
Dangerfield, Pendlebury, Ablett, Sloane, Parker, Gray, Priddis, Libba (Phillips, Mathieson, Stewart)
Goldy, Gawn (Goetz)
Merrett, Montagna, Dahlhaus, Wells, Robinson, Hall (Kerridge, Menadue)

109K Remaining. 6 Trades left.

Got the cash to go Kerridge - Zorko next week to strengthen my forwards but it will ruin my plan to go Menadue/Mathieson - Hannebery/102K in a few weeks. I could waste a trade on Stewart - Marcon or something to give me enough cash leaving me with just two trades for the rest of the year but with the amount of cover I'll have, it could be okay.

Brodie Smith will probably end up being my biggest weak link, he really should be averaging at least 85, very disappointing but with the Crows' good draw coming up, I hope he can reach that average for the remainder of the year.

TomK

Had a great few weeks until last but have moved up to 1831 overall. Plan from now is to get to the top 1k!

Shaw, Docherty, Laird, Bartel, Pittard, Smith (Byrne-Jones, Collins)
Dangerfield, Pendlebury, Sloane, Parker, Hannebery, Gray, Priddis, Libba (Mathieson, Stewart, Phillips)
Goldstein, Gawn (Goetz)
Merrett, Zorko, Montagna, Franklin, Hall, Robinson (Dahlhaus, Silvagni)

2 trades, 343K left.

Not having Simpson and Dusty is definitely costing me, if I had those two instead of Smith and Hall, my team would look much better. My bench cover is very good though, especially after this week. Hopefully Dahlhaus is back soon so I can send one of Robinson/Hall to F7.

Plan this week to is to upgrade a mid bench rookie to send Libba to M9. Only question is who to upgrade out of Mathieson and Stewart.

Upgrading Mathieson gives me more options and more cash remaining but less bench cover.

Upgrading Stewart only gives me Ward as the best option, more bench cover and with only 1 trade left, could be very useful but only 3k remaining.

Any thoughts?

PICCOLLO

Nothing wrong with Ward.

Best keep your bench cover.

TomK

Quote from: PICCOLLO on July 20, 2016, 09:15:08 PM
Nothing wrong with Ward.

Best keep your bench cover.
Was leaning towards that, cheers mate!