NAB Challenge Fixture

Sunday, February 21
Adelaide Crows v West Coast Eagles Unley Oval, Adelaide

Thursday, March 3
West Coast Eagles v Gold Coast Suns HBF Arena, Joondalup

Saturday, March 12
West Coast Eagles v Essendon Domain Stadium

elephants

Three very straight-forward games! Although every game is straight-forward for us in 2016 ;)

jvalles69

LF

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2015-10-30/west-coast-list-changes

Experienced midfielders Pat McGinnity and Kane Lucas have agreed to new contracts and will extend their association with the West Coast Eagles into the 2016 season.

McGinnity, who has played 90 games since being secured through the 2008 pre-season, was an emergency for this year’s grand final loss to Hawthorn while Lucas joined the club on its rookie list this season after five years at Carlton.

The pugnacious McGinnity is a heart and soul player while Lucas fitted neatly into the squad this year and while he did not play a senior game was constantly pushing for selection and finished third in the East Perth fairest and best award. Lucas will remain on the rookie list.

While McGinnity, 26, and Lucas, 24, will continue at the club the Eagles have made other adjustments with several players being de-listed ahead of today’s initial deadline.

Father-son selection Alec Waterman, who battled glandular fever for most of the year, robust midfielder Brant Colledge and tough utility player Simon Tunbridge have all been de-listed. Waterman and Colledge, however, are contracted for 2016 and the club will re-draft them onto the rookie list should they remain available.

Also coming off the rookie list is small forward/midfielder Murray Newman.

“On behalf of the club I would like to both welcome the new additions to our playing list and also acknowledge the contribution of those players who will no longer be a part of the organisation,” Craig Vozzo, General Manager â€" Football said.

“This can be a brutal time of the year when young men who have played significant roles at the club have to be released and I would like to thank those departing players for their efforts in their time at West Coast.”         

ARRIVALS                                              DEPARTURES
Jack Redden (trade)                                  Callum Sinclair (trade)
Lewis Jetta (trade)                                    Scott Selwood (free agent)
Jonathan Giles (trade)                               Matt Rosa (trade)
                                                                Alec Waterman (de-listed)
                                                                Brant Colledge (de-listed)
                                                                Simon Tunbridge (de-listed)
                                                                Murray Newman (de-listed)
                                                                Beau Waters (retired)
                                                                Rowen Powell (de-listed)
                                                                Will Maginness (de-listed)
                                                                Dylan Main (de-listed)

elephants

Colledge and Waterman have to be picked up again or I'll be so pissed.

LF

Quote from: elephants on October 30, 2015, 03:15:08 PM

I agree especially Waterman,he has been crook all year so is really stiff
Colledge could be at a new club by the end of the weekend.

elephants

Quote from: LF on October 30, 2015, 03:39:14 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 30, 2015, 03:15:08 PM

I agree especially Waterman,he has been crook all year so is really stiff
Colledge could be at a new club by the end of the weekend.

We must be confident that Waterman will be there to be re-rookied. Colledge... wow. Why didn't we just trade him to the Bombers ::)

LF

I know nothing is like in writing or anything but I honestly can't see Colledge not being signed elsewhere
Yes we should have just traded him.

LF

Some great news here

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-04/liam-digs-in

WEST COAST youngster Liam Duggan has signed a two-year contract extension following a promising first season at the Eagles.

Duggan, 18, was the club's first pick (No.11) in last year's NAB AFL Draft.

The left-footer from the Western Jets in Victoria played 12 games in his first season.

"I couldn’t have asked for more in my first year, getting a look at a Grand Final,” Duggan told the Eagles' website.

"The only way it could have been better would have been to win the Grand Final and that has to be our aim. I really want to be a part of it."

"It's exciting to have extended my contract already, to get it done now so I can just concentrate on getting right for next year."

LF

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2015-11-10/cox-steps-up

West Coast Eagles games record holder Dean Cox will take another step forward in his coaching responsibilities after today being appointed as stoppage and ruck coach.

Cox, who was the club’s ruck coach in 2015, moves into the vacancy created by the appointment of Don Pyke to the senior coaching role at Adelaide.

Craig Vozzo, General Manager â€" Football said the appointment of Cox was a good fit after spending 12 months working with the club’s ruckmen.

“Dean impressed with his work ethic and capacity to pass on his extensive knowledge and experience during the 2015 season,” Vozzo said. “So it seems like a natural progression for him to also take on the stoppage coaching responsibilities.

“Obviously the ruckmen are intrinsically involved in a lot of the set-ups around stoppages and Dean worked closely with Don and midfield coach Brady Rawlings this year.

“Brady and Dean work well together and in conjunction with senior coach Adam Simpson look forward to continuing the education of our developing list around the game plan and other skill acquisitions.

auscoyote

Duggans re-signing will be the best news i hear all off season, has captain in waiting written all over him.

Happy for Cox, hopefully he can really develop Lycett this year without teaching him his final year traits of how to wave his arms around like an inflatable muppet :)

So far, real happy with the Eagles offseason to date. John Wardrop from hawthorn as head of game analysis and opposition strategy is a great addition to the coaching panel. I'm just not sure on aquiring Carltons devolopment coach Luke Webster to look after our youngsters. I mean WTF, CARLTON and GOOD DEVOPMENT dont strike me as words that have belonged together for the last couple of seasons. Happy to be proved wrong though. But if it is somehow a ploy to get Crippa back to WA then its genius.

Draft day not far away. Not really too fussed who we get but would love Bonner but that's just a pipe dream imo. In Simmo and crazzy Vozzo we trust.