West Coast 2015/2016 Offseason Thread

Started by LF, October 04, 2015, 09:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LF

Now Giles has been added to the list as extra ruck depth

elephants

Love that deal. He essentially replaces Sinclair (albeit hes not as good) making Jetta come got what looks like chips!

LF

Quote from: elephants on October 19, 2015, 07:18:21 PM
Love that deal. He essentially replaces Sinclair (albeit hes not as good) making Jetta come got what looks like chips!

Coxy could work some magic with Giles,you never know haha
I don't think Giles is that bad anyway and cost us nothing really good job by the club.

jvalles69

Quote from: LF on October 19, 2015, 07:19:59 PM

I don't think Giles is that bad anyway and cost us nothing really good job by the club.

Sinclair was a one year wonder, you just wait and see, Lycett is a much better long term prospect and add Giles for basically free?  I'm pretty sure we just improved in the ruck department.

elephants

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 19, 2015, 08:09:01 PM

Sinclair was a one year wonder, you just wait and see, Lycett is a much better long term prospect and add Giles for basically free?  I'm pretty sure we just improved in the ruck department.

While filling our need for a quick outside midfielder with good ball use ;D

jvalles69

Quote from: elephants on October 20, 2015, 12:04:37 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on October 19, 2015, 08:09:01 PM

While filling our need for a quick outside midfielder with good ball use ;D

Sky's the limit in 2016!  ;)

LF

Farewell to Matt Rosa,was a great player for the club sad to see him go,he obviously saw that he probably wouldn't get much if any game time next season which is fair enough reason to request a trade,good luck to him at Gold Coast.
Pick 31 is pretty decent for him.
So many morons commenting about how we got ripped off getting 31 but I think it's fine

Ricochet

elephants

We'll take the pick, more of a sentimental loss this one although the experienced midfield/halfback/defensive depth would have been great (his versatility has improved ten fold imo) for us as our window is appearing to open

RaisyDaisy

One of my favourite Eagles

GL @ GC Matt!

LF

RaisyDaisy

So what do we think our best 22 looks like now at the completion of the trade period? Hopefully we can jag a good kid or two with 23 and 31, but this would be my 22 as of today

Hurn, McGovern, Brown
Sheppard, McKenzie, Wellingham
Jetta, Shuey, Gaff
Yeo, Darling, Masten
Cripps, JJK, Lecras
NicNat, Priddis, Redden

INT: Lycett, Schoefield, Sheed, Butler

Emg: Hutchings,  Hill, Duggan,

Ellis, Lamb, Cavka, Nielson, Barrass etc so have good depth coming through too

elephants

QuoteFB:     W.Schofield, E.Mackenzie, M.Brown
HB:     S.Hurn, J.McGovern, B.Sheppard
C:       A.Gaff, M.Priddis, L.Jetta
HF:     C.Masten, J.Darling, M.LeCras
FF:      J.Hill, J.Kennedy, J.Cripps   
R:       N.Naitanui, L.Shuey, E.Yeo
I:        C.Sinclair, D.Sheed, S.Wellingham, M.Rosa/S.Selwood

Depth: Rosa/Selwood, Ellis, Duggan, Butler, Hutchings, Bennell, Nelson, Lycett, Colledge, Lamb, Cavka, Tunbridge, McGinnity, McInness, Barrass, Karpany*, Main*, Waterman

Rookies: Newman, Lucas, Adamson, Brophy, Powell, Maginness*

Reckon Main, Powell and Karpany are good chances to be cut and Maginness has had no luck with injury but he has to be danger imo.

Made this a fair while ago before the GF and obviously before trade period.

Thinking now though...

FB:     W.Schofield, E.Mackenzie, S.Hurn
HB:     S.Wellingham, J.McGovern, B.Sheppard
HF:     E.Yeo, J.Darling, M.LeCras
R:       N.Naitanui, L.Shuey, J.Redden
I:        S.Lycett, D.Sheed, E.Yeo, C.Masten

EMG: Brown, Hutchy, Ellis

Think our sides are identical, only difference is I have J.Hill and you have M.Brown. Depends a lot on match-ups I guess but I think Hill is important to our forward structure (even if he frustrates the hell out of us half the time) and we were quality with a smaller defence this season so I don't see any real reason to change that drastically. Gives us amazing flexibility too if we can play with a tall and small defence.

jvalles69

Quote from: elephants on October 22, 2015, 05:47:18 PM

Depth: Rosa/Selwood, Ellis, Duggan, Butler, Hutchings, Bennell, Nelson, Lycett, Colledge, Lamb, Cavka, Tunbridge, McGinnity, McInness, Barrass, Karpany*, Main*, Waterman

Reckon Main, Powell and Karpany are good chances to be cut and Maginness has had no luck with injury but he has to be danger imo.

Thinking now though...

Think our sides are identical, only difference is I have J.Hill and you have M.Brown. Depends a lot on match-ups I guess but I think Hill is important to our forward structure (even if he frustrates the hell out of us half the time) and we were quality with a smaller defence this season so I don't see any real reason to change that drastically. Gives us amazing flexibility too if we can play with a tall and small defence.

You've got Yeo in there twice.

elephants

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 22, 2015, 06:28:26 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 22, 2015, 05:47:18 PM

Thinking now though...

You've got Yeo in there twice.

Oh shower, right you are!

I'd like to see that final spot go to a Duggan, Colledge or Hutchings but I can't really see Xavier Ellis playing WAFL for some reason so it's probably gonna be him.