West Coast 2015/2016 Offseason Thread

Started by LF, October 04, 2015, 09:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

McLovin, Darling, JJK, Lecca and Crippsy in the same fwd line *drools*

LF

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2015-10-08/wardrop-heads-west

Respected football analyst John Wardrop will join the West Coast Eagles as Head of Game Analysis and Opposition Strategy for the 2016 season.

Wardrop, who was a forward scout with the club in the 1990s and spent eight years at Collingwood, is better known for his role as opposition analyst at Hawthorn, where he played an important role in four premierships at the club.

He fulfilled that role when the Hawks won in 2008 and has been central to their last three premierships, including last Saturday’s defeat of West Coast which brought up a hat-trick of triumphs for the club.

Wardrop will work directly with the coaching staff and will oversee strategic planning around game trends, monitoring evolving game styles within the competition and opposition analysis.

Craig Vozzo, General Manager Football, said the club was delighted to have someone of Wardrop’s standing and knowledge joining the club.

“John has a broad knowledge of the industry, having been involved at the elite level for more than 25 years,” Vozzo said. “He is greatly respected across the AFL and we believe he will add significant experience and expertise to our football operations and young coaching group.”

Wardrop will relocate to Perth in the coming months.       

eg6914

Wardop back to eagles again, massive boost for the club ;D

LF

RaisyDaisy

Scooter gone for compo pick

Sydney chasing Sinclair quite hard

LF

elephants

Quote from: LF on October 12, 2015, 05:27:57 PM
Give them Lycett

No way, don't give them either. Lycett is contracted (I think until the end of 2018) so why help Sydney?

Don't mind us fielding offers for Sinkers at peak value, but unless we get something ridiculous I reckon we have to hold.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: elephants on October 12, 2015, 05:44:23 PM
Quote from: LF on October 12, 2015, 05:27:57 PM
Give them Lycett

No way, don't give them either. Lycett is contracted (I think until the end of 2018) so why help Sydney?

Don't mind us fielding offers for Sinkers at peak value, but unless we get something ridiculous I reckon we have to hold.

Agree.

Jetta wants to leave, so take the 2nd round pick and be grateful lol

I really hope we keep them both

LF

Well of course I want to keep them both but if it comes down to it at this point I'd rather keep Sinclair

elephants

Redden for first rounder
Jetta for second rounder
Anderson for third rounder

Aaaand Sinclair + Scooter compo for Luke Parker ;)

LF

Quote from: elephants on October 12, 2015, 06:07:30 PM
Redden for first rounder
Jetta for second rounder
Anderson for third rounder

Aaaand Sinclair + Scooter compo for Luke Parker ;)

Surprised you said Parker and not Tmitch :P

elephants

Haha look I'll take either :P Parker is slightly better though haha

Emma Quayle@emmasq
Jack Redden is on his way to West Coast for the Eagles' first pick in the draft, No. 17. Pretty much done.

Noice!

LF

Quote from: elephants on October 12, 2015, 06:15:28 PM
Haha look I'll take either :P Parker is slightly better though haha

Emma Quayle@emmasq
Jack Redden is on his way to West Coast for the Eagles' first pick in the draft, No. 17. Pretty much done.

Noice!

Welcome to West Coast Jack who just happens to be one of my favourite players that did play for another club hahaha

LF

AFL ‏@AFL  9m9 minutes ago
The League also advised WC that based on his age & Geelong's contract offer the club will receive a round 2 compensation pick (curr pick 37)