Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

mat did you see Tom Fields on 360 on Tuesday

kid can kick it from the goal square to the center circle

Bill Manspeaker

consistently as well

well at least 3 times :P

Mat0369

They showed one a couple of weeks back where he cleared it. Jamo and Tuohy can also get onto a few. Fields was trying to become a punter so he can boot it. If he wants to make the next level he will have to show accuracy and defensive ability etc.

Vinny

Interested to see how many changes we make to a side that did reasonably well last week despite lacking poise at times.

Jamison, Docherty, Gibbs, Carrots, Rowe, Menzel and maybe Walker could come back in.

That would leave us with almost a full strength side besides Daisy probably.

Diesels Pups

Quote from: Vinny on July 09, 2015, 02:33:26 PM
Interested to see how many changes we make to a side that did reasonably well last week despite lacking poise at times.

Jamison, Docherty, Gibbs, Carrots, Rowe, Menzel and maybe Walker could come back in.

That would leave us with almost a full strength side besides Daisy probably.
Daisy?  Who? :o

Mat0369

Quote from: Diesels Pups on July 09, 2015, 11:13:33 PM

I seriously hope someone is dumb enough to give us a late first/early 2nd for him.

No Rowe is interesting (named an emergency), but it might have a bit to do with the potential poor weather. I wouldn't mind seeing him or ideally a runner come in for Cam Wood late.

Holman also getting a nice string of games is good. Carrots, Gibbs and Menz are 3 huge ins and Fields will get a crack in his first game.

Diesels Pups

Quote from: Mat0369 on July 09, 2015, 11:20:07 PM
Quote from: Diesels Pups on July 09, 2015, 11:13:33 PM

I seriously hope someone is dumb enough to give us a late first/early 2nd for him.

No Rowe is interesting (named an emergency), but it might have a bit to do with the potential poor weather. I wouldn't mind seeing him or ideally a runner come in for Cam Wood late.

Holman also getting a nice string of games is good. Carrots, Gibbs and Menz are 3 huge ins and Fields will get a crack in his first game.
Seriously, highest paid player at Carlton? What a joke. Collingwood were onto it and we(The Blues) were stupid enough to fall for it. Anyway I digress, Rowe as emergency is a weird one, tells me there could be a late change but I didn't think about the weather so that could have been a factor. Good to have those three in, might be a chance.

nrich102

Kellogscrunchynut

Mat0369

That sucks about Gibbs. He played really well in the Richmond game as well. I guess this helps our legitimate quest for a top end draft pick by not technically tanking. We have a pretty tough schedule to finish the season.

Rusty00

Thoughts on Fields guys? Haven't seen the past 2 weeks, do you think he's done enough to get a decent run of games? Is there anyone due back soon that could/would push him out?

Rusty00

Quote from: Rusty00 on July 22, 2015, 09:52:30 AM
Thoughts on Fields guys? Haven't seen the past 2 weeks, do you think he's done enough to get a decent run of games? Is there anyone due back soon that could/would push him out?
I guess my question has been answered :P

Mat0369

So while we got smashed last week, there were some positives early. We maintained possession really well in the first quarter and picked the right options, it was just poor execution which cost us. With a team like Hawthorn you can't afford to turn the ball over, it just goes down the other end of the field instantly and into scoring positions. It will be nice to see if we can use the ball well tonight. Our skills have been seriously lacking and when there is no pressure to go with it we see those blowouts.

Diesels Pups

Quote from: Mat0369 on August 01, 2015, 05:21:19 PM
So while we got smashed last week, there were some positives early. We maintained possession really well in the first quarter and picked the right options, it was just poor execution which cost us. With a team like Hawthorn you can't afford to turn the ball over, it just goes down the other end of the field instantly and into scoring positions. It will be nice to see if we can use the ball well tonight. Our skills have been seriously lacking and when there is no pressure to go with it we see those blowouts.
Have not seen a team with so many players that make so many errors with the ball as this team Carlton. No exception tonight. It absolutely puzzles me some of the things they do. :'(
A good first half by the semi young bloke, Blaine Boekhurst though. That was encouraging. :)

RiOtChEsS

The effort that we were getting when Barker first took over has fallen away in most, this tells me the sickness has become habitual in for those, rooting out these weeds is essential in the building and culling of the list for 2016