Main Menu

Blues 2016 H&A Discussion

Started by Vinny, April 01, 2015, 06:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 16, 2015, 04:00:48 PM
So Sheehan out 1-2 every week is possibly explained finally

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-15/groin-surgery-could-sideline-blues-sheehan-for-season
Bugger  :'(

Showed heaps late last year I thought, so this is a bit of a shame to hear

Mat0369

Yeah he looked awesome at the back end of last season and he would have had a chance to cement a spot in the side had he been fit this year

RiOtChEsS

Curnow has easily been our best player, everyone else doesn't even care, this is rock bottom  :'(

Pkbaldy

Simpson, Cripps, Bell, Curnow, Buckley, Docherty and Menzel can stay. Get rid of the rest and begin again.

RiOtChEsS

id be willing to move on the majority that have trade value for draft picks or young talent, this group dont want to play the most important element of the game, denying your opponent uncontested possessions does not exist at Carlton atm and it is killing us like a cancer, it has spread.
It took 5 minutes to get our first tackle tonight, by then it was already 18-0

powersuperkents

Anyone have any idea why Longmire was watching the game?

My theory is that Yarran's contract runs dry at the end of 2016 and he appears to have no intention of staying at the Blues. The Blues are, as of this season, considering whether or not they should trade him for value at the end of this season so they can at least get something in return.

Secondly, Goodes will retire at the end of this season (although he will be annoyingly defiant) and with McVeigh aging as well the Swans will want a second runner/technically advanced utility (presumably McVeigh fills in for Shaw in half-back and Yarran will move in as a utility, replacing Goodes). I think the prospect of Yarran & Jetta in the one line-up is something Horse is considering.

Therefore, I am of the opinion that the Swans will pursue a trade to obtain Yarran at the end of the season

Just a theory though  :P

powersuperkents

Also, the Blues should play Casboult as a tall defender. I think he's a useless kick at goal, however if he can take strong contested marks he's a prospect key defender

Mat0369

Quote from: powersuperkents on May 23, 2015, 12:46:01 PM

Carlton play Sydney next Friday night.

Mailman the 2nd

Yeah Longmire often watches near future opponents.

As for Yarran, don't think he'd go to Sydney because Carlton would want high draft picks and the Swans would be chasing Mills and Dunkley in the draft

Jay

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 23, 2015, 12:51:48 PM

Wait, we have to watch them on Friday night AGAIN!? ::)

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on May 23, 2015, 01:21:38 PM
Yeah Longmire often watches near future opponents.

As for Yarran, don't think he'd go to Sydney because Carlton would want high draft picks and the Swans would be chasing Mills and Dunkley in the draft
Since his contract runs out in 2016, it could be possible for them to trade for a 2nd round pick.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 23, 2015, 12:51:48 PM

Why would he need to do recon though  :P

Not to be offensive but I wouldn't even worry about that game if I were Sydney (an easy 80 point win imo)

But yeah I don't think Sydney could get Yarran without giving up a talented player (and they aren't the sort of team that makes these sacrifices). Carlton could get significant value for him, a genuine talent imo (I'd say a 1st round pick is the least they could get)

Mat0369

Quote from: powersuperkents on May 23, 2015, 01:55:26 PM
Why would he need to do recon though  :P

Not to be offensive but I wouldn't even worry about that game if I were Sydney (an easy 80 point win imo)

But yeah I don't think Sydney could get Yarran without giving up a talented player (and they aren't the sort of team that makes these sacrifices). Carlton could get significant value for him, a genuine talent imo (I'd say a 1st round pick is the least they could get)

Regardless of the opposition you have to do your homework. Using Port as an example, they played Brisbane last week and got smashed probably due to complacency. Being in Melbourne you go to the game and watch your opposition, see what Geelong did in the first quarter, check out Carlton's stoppage work, fly back up to Sydney and then smash them by 120 points.

tbagrocks

I blame the "Media" For a witch hunt! Disgraceful imo the way the flogs in the media have carried on!

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: tbagrocks on May 23, 2015, 02:26:26 PM
I blame the "Media" For a witch hunt! Disgraceful imo the way the flogs in the media have carried on!

They're right though. Many have been pressuring Malthouse to perform ever since he came in. He hasn't really taken a forward step since Ratten was sacked.

Now the board are saying its a rebuild but Malthouse completely distances himself away from them. If he was on board he'd be giving Buckley and the rest of the under 25's as many games as possible.