The Process 21

Started by Mat0369, January 28, 2021, 01:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Should have traded Daniher. This Brisbane game has been awful. Taranto 100 DT fo 56 SC at 3QT. Lyons who hasn't dropped under the ton is on 66. Daniher 34, Madden 46 and Flynn 31. Awful result

Mat0369

Round 11

Stewart, Lloyd, Ridley, Doc, Jones, Highmore (Murphy, Kosi)
Macrae, Lyons, Steele, Walsh, Fyfe, Mitchell, Taranto, Laird (Robertson, Poulter, Brockman)
Gawn (C), Grundy (Flynn)
Ziebell, Zorko, Impey, Bolton, Daniher, Madden (McCreery, Waterman)

Round Score: 2207
Overall Rank: 1,943
Total Cash Left: $8,700

Positives: Lloyd, Stewart, Jones, Macrae, Steele, Robertson (bench), Poulter (bench), Gawn (C), Zorko, Ziebell, Bolton, Madden, Waterman

Neutral: Murphy, Lyons, Walsh, Fyfe, Laird, Mitchell, Flynn

Negatives:  Doc, Ridley, Highmore, Kosi, Taranto (harsh but reason below), Grundy, Daniher, Impey

There were a few flops/stinkers that really hurt. Lyons was down on production, Fyfe, Mitchell, Walsh were all meh, Taranto had one of the worst DT to SC ratios of seen in a highly disappointing result there. I should have held Jordon and traded Daniher to Steele to maximise cash and points. Ridley is looking like a shell of his previous self and the Grundy injury is an unknown.

What I am thinking this week

Option 1

Kosi>Houston
Flynn>Reeves
Daniher>Hawkins

10k left over

Option 2

Kosi>Bianco
Daniher>Kelly
Flynn>Reeves

$253,100 left over

Option 3

Kosi>Bianco
Daniher>Miller
Flynn>Reeves

$199,400 left over

I'm leaning towards option 1. Then I turn Robertson into Bianco and look to upgrade from there the following round.

Ringo

Have you thought about Kosi to CCJ swinging Madden back as well.

All options look good though.  Houston has a B/e of 103 and has not exceeded 100 since Rd 6 including 2 scores less than 60 so is it worth waiting for him? Bye this week as well.

Mat0369

I can't get CCJ yet because I don't have enough available players for that bye week as it stands. I need to target R12 guys and the ones I have identified are Houston, Miller, Whitfield, Kelly and Hawkins as the best bets. Coleman-Jones is worth bringing in the week after his bye as a downgrade option. No reason to go early on him at all unless it is R3.

The only thing that worries me with Houston is the AC joint. I don't think he has been 100% which is where his scores have copped a hit. Just looking at them quickly

48 - Injured in the first quarter and was having a monster to that point and subbed at HT
107 - Good score and butchered the ball
54 - Whole team was beat down
94 - Subbed off in third quarter
49 - Abnormally low disposal count
97 - Decent numbers and close to the ton.

He was tracking big scores in both games that he was subbed off. The only comparable player for price and ceiling is probably Hurn. I think he is worth the risk at 400k if I grab him this week. Best available in general if I grab Hawkins are Houston, Heeney and probably Hurn and I'd take Houston of those three with all things considered.

Mat0369

Round 12

Stewart, Lloyd, Laird, Ridley, Doc, Murphy  (Jones, Madden)
Macrae, Lyons, Steele, Walsh, Fyfe, Byrnes, Poulter, Bianco (Mitchell, Taranto, Brockman)
Gawn (C), Grundy (Flynn)
Zorko, Sidebottom, Bolton, Robertson, Waterman, Impey (McCreery, Ziebell)

Round Score: 1996
Overall Rank: 1,785
Total Cash Left: $60,500

Positives: Laird, Lloyd, Doc, Macrae, Steele, Walsh, Lyons, Poulter, Bianco, Gawn (C), Bolton, Sidebottom, Robertson,

Neutral: Ridley, Waterman, Zorko

Negatives:  Murphy, Fyfe, Byrnes

Fyfe injured and Zorko suspended were the two big negatives. I tried to get cute and grabbed Byrnes as a quick cash grab which turned out meh.  I was hesitant on my trades if the byes were moved so it altered my plans.

This week I'm going with the following

Flynn>Reeves
Robertson>Hawkins
Fyfe>Miller

and one of McCreery, Murphy or Brockman to CCJ. I'm leaning towards Brockman since I might squeeze out one more price rise from the other two prior to next week.