Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

and again fair assessment which I can not fault. Christensen deserves to be dropped but will not happen and why I do not know.  Until this week Robinson was in the same boat. 

In fairness to dropping of Aish he is a midfielder and is output has not been good.  Only had 6 possessions in till he was subbed in 3rd quarter,

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ringo on May 02, 2015, 08:16:46 PM
and again fair assessment which I can not fault. Christensen deserves to be dropped but will not happen and why I do not know.  Until this week Robinson was in the same boat. 

In fairness to dropping of Aish he is a midfielder and is output has not been good.  Only had 6 possessions in till he was subbed in 3rd quarter,
That is a good point, if he were a forward/back I think it would be a different situation. However, the one thing Brisbane now have a surplus of in mids (in a good way - not like the Eagles who have more than they can handle  :P )

Lions could try to trade Aish to a side lacking mids with an abundance of KPP. I would personally be focusing on bringing a young defender or forward with 50 games under their belt. The Crows have a lot of players that suit that category, Port are a little desperate when it comes to KPPs so I think the Lions should pursue our rivals. The Demons are another side & GWS has Hoskin-Elliott up for grabs. Empirically, the Lions weakness is in the inexperienced forward & back lines, the midfield is already strong and that's why I think Aish wouldn't be a big loss to them. Hopefully Leppa recognises that by the off-season (makes you think about how important Docherty, Longer (resting forward), Karnezis, & Yeo would have been)

AaronKirk

Quote from: Ringo on May 02, 2015, 08:16:46 PM
In fairness to dropping of Aish he is a midfielder and is output has not been good.

He was reported for striking in the NEAFL. That's not going to help.

Samsturmfels

Aish to the pies next year

kilbluff1985

Ringo

definitely not Jesse White

Toga

JBs-Hawks

Aish to Hawks for Tim Obrien and Schoenmakers ;)

roo boys!

Quote from: Ringo on May 02, 2015, 07:53:16 PM
Bear in mind Beams, Christensen and Robinson had to gel with the midfield.
What has been Robinson's role at the Lions? Midfield or high half forward rotating through the midfield?

powersuperkents

Quote from: Samsturmfels on May 03, 2015, 12:15:31 AM
I think Aish will return to Adelaide. The Lions have a history of making players homesick and bad haircuts hahaha  :P

nrich102

Quote from: powersuperkents on May 03, 2015, 03:45:03 PM
I think Aish will return to Adelaide. The Lions have a history of making players homesick and bad haircuts hahaha  :P
Maybe its froghead Mitch Clark style homesick?

powersuperkents

Quote from: nrich102 on May 03, 2015, 10:16:21 PM
He seemed quite happy in this picture

Big Mac

Quote from: powersuperkents on May 03, 2015, 10:29:48 PM

Must've been thinking about all the money he was going to steal from Melbourne

Spite

Quote from: Ringo on May 03, 2015, 07:56:27 AM
definitely not Jesse White

You can have for free

Ben Reid for a fresh start?  ::)

powersuperkents

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 03, 2015, 10:38:39 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on May 03, 2015, 10:29:48 PM

Must've been thinking about all the money he was going to steal from Melbourne
hahahahahahahahaha

Geelong look as if they are slipping, I would happily bet that if Geelong slip out of the 8 he'll pull the same shower again, demanding a trade to the Swans hahahaha