2021 Ruck Options

Started by crowls, December 22, 2020, 09:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

I'm pretty sure they said touch and go and have 0 other fit talls that can play forward/ruck which is why he may have been named emergency in case of an emergency.

upthemaidens

Avoided Grundy.  To go three rookie rucks or two, that is the question?

IntegralX

Yikes Grundy was absolutely woeful tonight. If he can’t rack up points next week against the blues I may cut bait...

Bully

Well I suppose we can all sit back and watch the rookie rucks for a couple of weeks. If Grundy is set to lose a truckload & either Meek or Hunter kill it then this is the perfect correction trade.

To be honest I didn't think Grundy was terrible, zero HOTA which means the mids were fumbly. Hopefully Sidebottom is back next week so we can get a more realistic view of the situation.

Ringo

Is Stef at $260k coming in for some consideration.

Bully

Quote from: Ringo on March 19, 2021, 11:49:47 PM

Stef seems to be spending more time in the middle so absolutely, although it really comes down to $$ as the cheapies will likely make more.

Ringo

Quote from: Bully on March 19, 2021, 11:54:06 PM

Stef seems to be spending more time in the middle so absolutely, although it really comes down to $$ as the cheapies will likely make more.
Thinking of Stef at R2 for JS with Flynn at R3 to continue cash making.  85/90 for Stef will also be a nice cash gen.

Bully

Quote from: Ringo on March 19, 2021, 11:56:10 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 19, 2021, 11:54:06 PM

Thinking of Stef at R2 for JS with Flynn at R3 to continue cash making.  85/90 for Stef will also be a nice cash gen.

Makes sense, another 90 & he comes under consideration

crowls

started grundy flynn hunter.     think gawn will drop to 110+ maybe 120.    rucks scores looking very average so far.  stef might be an option,  game style changes look to be impacting ruck scores.    let us see by end rd 1.   

Mat0369

I went Gawn, Flynn, Hunter. I also have Max captain so if he can smash out a huge score that would be amazing

HoleMeal

Grundy scores lower against Stef Martin than any other ruck in the last 8 years.

I read/heard that somewhere and I'm clinging to it :)

RoughRed

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 20, 2021, 01:36:12 AM
I went Gawn, Flynn, Hunter. I also have Max captain so if he can smash out a huge score that would be amazing
Ballsy ... i hope that you spent the extra $ wisely :)

Wanderer

If Gawn scores similarly to Grundy today, SC forums are going to be lit.

Bully

Quote from: Wanderer on March 20, 2021, 01:42:52 PM

I'm having a sense of deja vu, pretty sure this happened a few seasons back when they changed the scoring to HOTA. By round two it was business as usual.

Wanderer

Quote from: Bully on March 20, 2021, 01:46:12 PM
Quote from: Wanderer on March 20, 2021, 01:42:52 PM

I'm having a sense of deja vu, pretty sure this happened a few seasons back when they changed the scoring to HOTA. By round two it was business as usual.

I just can't see any ruck being better than Gawn and not many better than Grundy, even if their averages do drop considerably.