2021 Ruck Options

Started by crowls, December 22, 2020, 09:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Quote from: Ringo on March 16, 2021, 04:34:00 PM
Just need to hope that McStays return is closer to the 6 weeks mentioned in the injury listings and not 3 weeks to get maximum gain from Fullarton. In saying that I am playing Fullarton on field.

Medial strains aren't a walk in the park, gut says it will be closer to 6 weeks.

Could also pick Treacy and use as a forward loop for a couple of weeks, points vs $$, this is where it gets tricky.

upthemaidens

I so want to go all rookie ruck.      ...Must not give in to temptation   :-\

Mat0369

Gawn, Flynn, Hunter is tempting with Flynn and Hunter already being confirmed

crowls

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 16, 2021, 08:50:05 PM
thinking along these lines except grundy.
expect all rucks to score lower this year.   grundy most likely to maintain score as he underperformed last year.   gawn is like neale and lloyd priced at absolute max and we are paying premiums for them.     also tossing up whether to have treacy as f8 for loophole until he starts playing and eventual cover when hunter is traded.
flynn will make 300+ and needs to be onfield rookie.  so porbably add walsh or stewart as additional premium with cash.   

bkimm32

Anyone going the all rookie ruck combo?

I’d honestly contemplate it if we had more time to see the rookie rucks in pre-season as well as more time to adjust the rest of my positions with the extra cash in hand. I think it’s definitely a feasible strategy this season but being this close to round 1, I just can’t see myself pulling the trigger personally. Toot enough cojones.

dmac07

Quote from: crowls on March 16, 2021, 09:31:49 PM
expect all rucks to score lower this year.   grundy most likely to maintain score as he underperformed last year.   gawn is like neale and lloyd priced at absolute max and we are paying premiums for them.     also tossing up whether to have treacy as f8 for loophole until he starts playing and eventual cover when hunter is traded.
flynn will make 300+ and needs to be onfield rookie.  so porbably add walsh or stewart as additional premium with cash.   

Solid chance Hunter gets dropped at Rnd 2-3 and doesn't play again, having made no cash. Treacy may not get picked at all after his suspension with Darcy ready to play rnd 1-2. Flynn does seem a good pick but to rely on him to play every week but still hasn't played a game, and his replacement doesn't have ruck status. It could work but if it doesn't you have no correction options.

Samsturmfels

Quote from: dmac07 on March 16, 2021, 10:29:30 PM
Quote from: crowls on March 16, 2021, 09:31:49 PM

Solid chance Hunter gets dropped at Rnd 2-3 and doesn't play again, having made no cash. Treacy may not get picked at all after his suspension with Darcy ready to play rnd 1-2. Flynn does seem a good pick but to rely on him to play every week but still hasn't played a game, and his replacement doesn't have ruck status. It could work but if it doesn't you have no correction options.
surely Briggs ruck status should be added on SC as its pretty obvious its his main position.

Ingram

Have dropped Daniher to Dow in order to have Meek over Hunter. Also have Fullerton at F6 so he can maybe help me if I have to trade my way out of a failed 2 ruck rookie run.

enzedder

Treacy is out for 4 weeks (2 weeks but WAFL season doesn’t align with AFL season so 4)
Unavailable till R5.

bkimm32

Quote from: enzedder on March 18, 2021, 05:44:51 AM
Treacy is out for 4 weeks (2 weeks but WAFL season doesn’t align with AFL season so 4)
Unavailable till R5.
Surely it’s just 2 AFL games he’s suspended for? What does the WAFL season have to do with anything?

If that’s the case then would think that’s just about him down as a playable option then, with Darcy to be back before then and then Lobb to return as well.

enzedder

Quote from: bkimm32 on March 18, 2021, 10:13:03 AM
Unavailable till R5.
Surely it’s just 2 AFL games he’s suspended for? What does the WAFL season have to do with anything?

If that’s the case then would think that’s just about him down as a playable option then, with Darcy to be back before then and then Lobb to return as well.
Fremantle rookie Josh Treacy’s WAFL tribunal challenge has failed, consequently delaying his chance to make his AFL debut after surging into Round 1 contention.

Treacy on Wednesday night was banned for two weeks after being found guilty of striking Perth’s Brady Grey during a WAFL scratch match, meaning he won’t be available for the Dockers’ Round 1 clash against Melbourne.

As the WAFL and AFL seasons aren’t aligned â€" Peel Thunder’s first match isn’t until Good Friday (April 2) â€" Treacy won’t be available to play in the AFL until at least Round 5.

^fox sports but seen on Twitter/Freo’s app feed as well
May end up being someone we can trade a cashed up cow to.

Bully

Unavailable till R5.

even better, Fullarton to Treacy just in time for culling season

smashbox

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Draper?

Bully

Quote from: smashbox on March 18, 2021, 12:44:08 PM
What’s everyone’s thoughts on Draper?

Next year and beyond

jfitty

Sean Darcy named as an emergency for Freo - feel it could be Meek's job to lose?