Vacant Coaching Positions Bradford Badgers and Grope Lane Giants

Started by Ringo, October 28, 2014, 10:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

With the banning of the existing coach of the Bradford Badgers we are seeking applications to the coaching position of the Bradford Badgers in the British Competition.

The Bradford Badgers have been a strong team in the British xv's finishing 3rd on the ladder this year after finishing 4th in 2013.

The Giants have been in the bottom 4 for the last 2 seasons and will present a challenge for a coach who likes a challenge.

Here is the current Badgers playing list up to date with trades already negotiated:

Def: Pearce Hanley (Bris), Kade Simpson (Carl), Andrew Mackie (Geel), Shaun Higgins (WB), Beau Waters (WC), Greg Broughton (GC), Sam Butler (WC), Alan Toovey (Coll), Steven May (GC), Clay Cameron (GC), Sebastian Tape (GC), Tanner Smith (Fre), Matthew Fuller (WB), Jayden Hunt (Melb), Kurt Aylett (Ess), Mark Austin, James Gwilt

Mid: Trent Cotchin (Rich), Michael Barlow (Fre), Dion Prestia (GC), Ryan Griffen (GWS), Nick Dal Santo (NM), Matthew Boyd (WB), Chris Judd (Carl), Michael Rischitelli (GC), Jesse Lonergan (GC), Bradley McKenzie (NM), Andrew Boston (GC), Clinton Jones

Ruck: Will Minson (WB), Tom Nicholls (GC), Jack Leslie (GC)

Fwd: Jack Darling (WC), Thomas J Lynch (GC), Mark LeCras (WC), Chris Mayne (Fre), Brandon Matera (GC), Paul Puopolo (Haw), Alex Fasolo (Coll), Robin Nahas (NM), Liam McBean (Rich), Joshua Simpson (Fre)

Grope Lane Giants Team:

Def: Jack Grimes (Melb), Garrick Ibbotson (Fre), Andrejs Everitt (Carl), Cameron O'Shea (Port), Eric MacKenzie (WC), Matthew Watson (Carl), Jason Johannissen (WB), Jack Frost (Coll), Daniel McStay (Bris), David Astbury (Rich), Jake Kelly (Adel), Jordan Kelly (Haw)

Mid: Marc Murphy (Carl), Brad Ebert (Port), David Swallow (GC), Lachie Neale (Fre), Danny Stanley (GC), William Langford (Haw), James Aish (Bris), Mitchell Wallis (WB), Reece Conca (Rich), Brock McLean, Josh Thomas (Coll), David Ellard (Carl), Jordie McKenzie (Melb), Billy Hartung (Haw), George Hewett (Syd)

Ruck: Matthew Leuenberger (Bris), Billy Longer (StK)

Fwd: Matthew Wright (Adel), Tyrone Vickery (Rich), Ricky Petterd (Rich), Tom Boyd (WB), Rhys Palmer (GWS), Michael Close (Bris), Jarrad Grant (WB), Chris Knights (Rich), Josh Hall (GC), Louis Herbert (GC), Nicholas Hayes

I invite applications to be posted in this thread giving experience, how committed you would be to the team, what you would do with this team.

This link will give you some information on the competition as well as rules.  We are currently in a trading period prior to the draft.
http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,70282.0.html

If you require more information please feel free to PM me.

Applications to be submitted in this thread closing midnight Monday 3rd November

Coaches will the vote on the applications with the top2 succesful in obtaining teams. Winning Coach by vote will have the choice of teams.

Ringo

Les PM'd prior to his ban and said that even with a short ban he would be walking away so wee need to start the process. It is not appropriate to discuss in this thread the pros and cons of the ban and if you wish to dsicuss do so in the discussion thread, I have deleted posts to keep this thread clean just for the application process.

Memphistopheles

This is a really good team. Looking forward to seeing some quality applicants.

PS - Trade us TJ Lynch or Brandon Matera and you'll get my vote :P

Ringo

I would encourage any assistants to apply for these teams.

Vinny

Quote from: Memphistopheles on October 29, 2014, 05:39:44 PM
PS - Trade us TJ Lynch or Brandon Matera and you'll get my vote :P
How is it with all those guns, you want Lynch and Matera? :P

But yes, great team. Definitely worth applying for guys!

Ricochet

Lez asked me to put my hand up so I will, and I'd be silly not to given the list.

Head Coach Experience
I'm currently co-coaching two teams with Ele. One being the KL Crocs in AXVs which we've built to be a very strong side over the past 2 years and just fell short on a premiership on the final day this year. Some trades from last year include

OUT  Trent Cotchin + Lewis Jetta + Steven May
IN  Scott Pendlebury + Luke Dahlhaus + Jamie Cripps

OUT  Mark LeCras
IN  Luke Parker

OUT  Harley Bennell + Zac Tuohy + NAT 21
IN  Steele Sidebottom + NAT 44

OUT  Stephen Coniglio + Isaac Smith + Jordan Murdoch
IN  Gary Ablett Jnr + Corey Enright

In WXVs we have the ND Tigers but its a completely difference story with an extremely poor list. We have began a full rebuild of the team with the aim of bringing in quality. We feel like we're on the right track, but have a lot of work to do still. Some previous trades from last year include:

OUT: Pick 4, Pick 5 and Pick 63
IN: Andrew Gaff, Toby Greene and Pick 29

OUT: Jake Stringer and Ben Jacobs
IN: Mitch Duncan and Pick 57

OUT: Nick Vlastuin, Pick 34 and Pick 57
IN: Pick 11, Pick 14, Pick 31 and Pick 32

Minor Roles
I have been assistant coach at Belgium in EXVs for basically ever since I joined the site and I have been heavily invovled with the Hedgehogs here since the comp started.

The Bradford Badgers
Obviously it is a very strong list so there won't be many changes. But there is more than enough quality defenders back there. Especially after expected dpp changes are made. I'd look to strengthen that midfield and bring some quality youth in there to develop behind Boyd, Judd and co. The Fwd line also a little thin, so would work on that also. Other than that I'd be open to all trade talks

What I bring
You'll get a very active coach. I won't miss naming the team weekly or anything like that and I'll answer PMs as quick as possible.
I won't try and rip you off in trade talks, I only try to find fair ground.
I keep up to date as much as possible with real life footy news and have been around long enough to know how it all works.

So yeh thats about it. Most of you know me pretty well so not sure what else I can add.

SydneyRox

i look at the vipers list and cry everytime i read that parker -> lecras trade.

:P

elephants

Don't vote for Rico guys, he's useless.

Quote from: Ricochet on October 29, 2014, 06:38:43 PM
Lez asked me to put my hand up so I will, and I'd be silly not to given the list.

Head Coach Experience
I'm currently co-coaching two teams with Ele. One being the KL Crocs in AXVs which we've built to be a very strong side over the past 2 years and just fell short on a premiership on the final day this year. Some trades from last year include

OUT  Trent Cotchin + Lewis Jetta + Steven May
IN  Scott Pendlebury + Luke Dahlhaus + Jamie Cripps

OUT  Mark LeCras
IN  Luke Parker

OUT  Harley Bennell + Zac Tuohy + NAT 21
IN  Steele Sidebottom + NAT 44

OUT  Stephen Coniglio + Isaac Smith + Jordan Murdoch
IN  Gary Ablett Jnr + Corey Enright

In WXVs we have the ND Tigers but its a completely difference story with an extremely poor list. We have began a full rebuild of the team with the aim of bringing in quality. We feel like we're on the right track, but have a lot of work to do still. Some previous trades from last year include:

OUT: Pick 4, Pick 5 and Pick 63
IN: Andrew Gaff, Toby Greene and Pick 29

OUT: Jake Stringer and Ben Jacobs
IN: Mitch Duncan and Pick 57

OUT: Nick Vlastuin, Pick 34 and Pick 57
IN: Pick 11, Pick 14, Pick 31 and Pick 32

Minor Roles
I have been assistant coach at Belgium in EXVs for basically ever since I joined the site and I have been heavily invovled with the Hedgehogs here since the comp started.

The Bradford Badgers
Obviously it is a very strong list so there won't be many changes. But there is more than enough quality defenders back there. Especially after expected dpp changes are made. I'd look to strengthen that midfield and bring some quality youth in there to develop behind Boyd, Judd and co. The Fwd line also a little thin, so would work on that also. Other than that I'd be open to all trade talks

What I bring
You'll get a very active coach. I won't miss naming the team weekly or anything like that and I'll answer PMs as quick as possible.
I won't try and rip you off in trade talks, I only try to find fair ground.
I keep up to date as much as possible with real life footy news and have been around long enough to know how it all works.

So yeh thats about it. Most of you know me pretty well so not sure what else I can add.

I do not condone this post.

meow meow

I'd like to apply for the worst team available. I'm too lazy to write out a detailed application, but it would be my goal to trade every single player on the list in one off season. Would liven the competiton up a bit.

Nige

Quote from: meow meow on October 29, 2014, 10:15:29 PM
I'd like to apply for the worst team available. I'm too lazy to write out a detailed application, but it would be my goal to trade every single player on the list in one off season. Would liven the competiton up a bit.
That'd be Grope Lane. There's a limit of 15 movements across the two periods though, so good luck with the turnover.  :P

meow meow

Oh in that case, I withdraw my application. If I can't feed my trading addiction adequately I am going to try cold turkey.

T Dog

I will throw my name up as well.

I am currently coach of El Paso Alpacas and Colorado Avalanche in Americas DT and SC comps.
Have been DT'ing and SC'ing on this site for a few years. Not terribly successfully I must add.
Have been an assistant to KB in one of his XV's teams last year. He may give you a reference if you ask him nicely.
Was a not very active asst to Noz. Best you dont ask him.

As a team manager I simply look for incremental improvements in all dealings. I do also like to bring in players I simply like to watch play. The science and complicated machinations of value adjustments in trade deals often escapes me but I do trade if it is fair to both teams in my opinion. I don't necessarily value unproven youth at the expense of proven performers and I do rate mature guns. Best examples of the how and why of my trading methods are on these Americas threads.

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,99177.0.html
http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,99178.0.html

I am committed to ongoing team management as I do stay active on the site over the off season. Addiction to football is a bit strong as a description but it is close.

If voted in as coach I would try to put my imprint on team selection reasonably quickly. Things may be reasonably sorted for next season...but next trade period get ready because " I will trade hard and I will trade early."

kilbluff1985

btw i asked T Dog if he wanted his own team i was worried we wouldn't find coaches i assume T Dog is happy to stay at Birmingham if you have enough coaches

SydneyRox