Vacant Coaching Positions Bradford Badgers and Grope Lane Giants

Started by Ringo, October 28, 2014, 10:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

Rids

Sorry guys having trouble posting the application. Might be work internet related. Will try and rectify ASAP.

Time to finally throw my hat into the head coaches ring. For a few years now I have played the Assistant Coach role to Nostradamus with the Crabs (AXV) and the Roulettes (EXV). In that time I have got to know quite a few people around the site/XV forums. Time for me to have a crack! I would like to officially submit my application for the role of head coach of the Grope Lane Giants. I see the Giants as a young list that needs refinement to become a force for years to come in BXV. I also believe someone with my experience and nous would be perfect to take on this challenge. I would be backed up by Nostradamus as my Assistant.

BACKGROUNDI started playing fantasy AFL back in the late 90's. Those days were all about an automated telephone system, an exercise book or 2 accompanied with a pen and calculator, and a newspaper. Things have definitely changed since those days. Keeper leagues is where it is at! Being able to manage a list and shape it to future succes is a beautiful thing!

My achievements in AFL fantasy... I won a weekly prize in 2013 playing Centrebet. I have been a part of the number 1 ranked AFL Fantasy league over the past 2 years (AFLDreamers Fossils and Coolest Fox). I was actually the commissioner of the top 2 ranked leagues in Fantasy this year (P.B.). I helped a few close friends set up a website, facebook group and facebook page called AFL Dreamers. I have been ranked top 100 in most comps on multiple occasions and have written the odd article or 50. I have a few close mates in Tunas and Hook (both past winners of different AFL fantasy comps) who rate me as an ok coach of sorts. I contemplated retirement from all AFL Fantasy games at the start of this year due to work and personal reasons but have done a backflip due to the fun and enjoyment I have had with Nost in AXV and EXV. Enough about me though. Time to get talking Giants, Grope Lane style!

THE SQUAD

Def: Jack Grimes (Melb), Garrick Ibbotson (Fre), Andrejs Everitt (Carl), Cameron O'Shea (Port), Eric MacKenzie (WC), Matthew Watson (Carl), Jason Johannissen (WB), Jack Frost (Coll), Daniel McStay (Bris), David Astbury (Rich), Jake Kelly (Adel), Jordan Kelly (Haw)

Mid: Marc Murphy (Carl), Brad Ebert (Port), David Swallow (GC), Lachie Neale (Fre), Danny Stanley (GC), William Langford (Haw), James Aish (Bris), Mitchell Wallis (WB), Reece Conca (Rich), Brock McLean, Josh Thomas (Coll), David Ellard (Carl), Jordie McKenzie (Melb), Billy Hartung (Haw), George Hewett (Syd)

Ruck: Matthew Leuenberger (Bris), Billy Longer (StK)

Fwd: Matthew Wright (Adel), Tyrone Vickery (Rich), Ricky Petterd (Rich), Tom Boyd (WB), Rhys Palmer (GWS), Michael Close (Bris), Jarrad Grant (WB), Chris Knights (Rich), Josh Hall (GC), Louis Herbert (GC), Nicholas Hayes

The squad presents some challenges but boy oh boy wowwee that midfield! Plenty of potential and youth there. Depth will need to be found across the other lines however. The forwards will be where I would start, if I was lucky enough to become the coach. I would be using other players in different positions to build some depth and attract ready-made forwards. The Giants are very well placed in the National Draft so I would be definitely using the draft to further increase the depth across the backs and mids. I have plenty of other ideas in regards to which direction I foresee for the GIants but will leave it at that for now.

I am aware that there has been some discussion in regards to the new coaches re-drafting from the combined 2 lists. If I was to be successful in becoming the coach of the Giants, I would liek this not to happen. I don't want it to be seen as getting a 'leg-up' to help assist the team rise up the ladder. The best way to achieve this result is with very sound drafting and astute trading.

Summary

I would love to be given an opportunity to plan and build the team. This is a challenge I find exciting. I always try to be respectful and fair when it comes to trading. I really look forward to making the Giants a contender for many years to come!

Thanks to all and apologies for this not wanting to appear in the same post for me.

Vinny

It's the copy and paste issue man. You have to remove all the apostrophes and dashes from your post if its copied.

Ringo

Rids and noz using my mod powers have put the full application under Rids original post and deleted other posts.  Trust that is OK

Rids

Quote from: Ringo on October 30, 2014, 02:42:18 PM
Rids and noz using my mod powers have put the full application under Rids original post and deleted other posts.  Trust that is OK

Love ya work mate! Cheers Ringo

nostradamus

Spite

Just to clarify, Rids is going for coach and Nos the assistant? Or will we be having a set of co-coaches? Either way, thanks for your application guys :)

Spite

Also there is an error above in the team Rids posted, they do not have lachie neale or josh thomas. I think nails didn't update his team list for a while

Ringo

My understanding is Rids will be coach with Nostra as assistant.  Team lists will be sorted out prior to season. Was going on the list Rusty posted but have since discovered some errors so need to get that adjusted in coming weeks when I sort out teams after trades before the draft.

This is the Grope Lane Giants as I currently have it ( Excuse the formatting due to being midway through a trading period so not as I would like)

Matthew Leuenberger   
Brad Ebert   Grope
Jack Grimes   
Danny Stanley      
Mitch Wallis   
Garrick Ibbotson   
David Ellard   
Reece Conca   
Liam Anthony      Delisted
Matthew Wright   
Jonathan Brown      Retired
Rhys Palmer      
Billy Longer      
Tory Dickson      Delisted
Brock McLean      
Jordie McKenzie      
Will Schofield      Traded to Nottingham Hoods for Pick 47
Paul Stewart      Delisted
Jason Johannisen
David Swallow   
Chris Knights      
Matthew Watson   
Tyrone Vickery   
Jarrad Grant   
Ricky Petterd      
Ben Hudson      Delisted
Andrejs Everitt   
Louis Herbert   
Eric MacKenzie      
Ashley Smith      Delisted
David Astbury      
Eric Wallace   Delisted
Tom Logan      Delisted
Jeremy Taylor.      Delisted
Cameron O'Shea   
Michael Close   
Tom Boyd   
Will Hartung   
Daniel McStay   
Josh Hall   
Jake Kelly   
George Hewett   
Jack Frost   
Troy Davis   
Sam Michael      Delisted
James Aish    Swaggers/Falcons Draft
Will Langford   Swaggers/Falcons Draft

Nige

...Troy Davis?  :o ???

Brock McLean was delisted too iirc.

Ringo

Remember though as per rules just because a player is delisted they are not automatically delisted from franchise teams.  Coaches have to advise, New coach will no doubt revise the list.

Nige

Quote from: Ringo on October 30, 2014, 09:15:08 PM
Remember though as per rules just because a player is delisted they are not automatically delisted from franchise teams.  Coaches have to advise, New coach will no doubt revise the list.
Oh, I assumed those were markings you had made, didn't realise they were the delistings Nails had made.

Rids

Quote from: Spite on October 30, 2014, 08:27:41 PM
Also there is an error above in the team Rids posted, they do not have lachie neale or josh thomas. I think nails didn't update his team list for a while

Great spot! Challenge just got a bigger haha. All good. Application stands as is.

I can confirm it will be me as coach with Nost as my assistant if I was lucky enough to get the gig.

Rusty00

I would have been surprised if I didn't have any errors in the team list for the Giants. They were the one team I had to go back to the original draft and all subsequent trade periods to try and piece together the team ;)

GoLions

Screw it, I'll apply as well

I've never been a coach of an XVs team before, but I guess everyone starts from there. Been playing SC for about 6 years I think now, and finished top 5k in 3 of the last 4 years (don't ask me about 2013). This year was my first real crack at DT/AF, and I finished around 1k in RDT and top 1k in AF, although I should've made top 100 as I was around 56 halfway through the season, but dropped off a lot at the end of the year due to about 8 injuries haha.

I'm an assistant to a number of teams:
- An assistant for Nigey at the Lobsters (now called Rams, don't even get me started on the name change) for I think just over a year now
- An assistant to ML and Nige in WXVs at Cairo for the same amount of time as the Lobsters
- Assistant to LF in Euros at the Croatian Crushers for about a year now
- Assistant to LF in Ten10 for the Canning Vale Cobras. Only been a couple of months or so as the comp is starting it's first season next year. Basically the Banter King over there.

I would be pretty committed to my team as I'm usually logged in to FF almost 24/7, although will have periods of inactivity around June and November each year due to exams.

SQUADS

Badgers
Very strong team, wouldn't change too much. Id probably look at trading off a couple of defenders either for a single better defender, or to add a younger mid, as Judd, Boyd, etc aren't getting any younger.

Giants
This would definitely be a challenge. Needs an extra ruck as Leuey is injury prone, and could be in trouble if he goes down again and Longer doesn't get consistent games for the Saints. Need more firepower in defence. Probably wouldn't add anything to the mids, as they seem pretty good. Although may trade one or two to try and strengthen other lines. Need another gun forward as well, maybe 2.

I plan on being fairly active in the trade periods, as I don't like sitting around doing nothing haha.

I'd love to have the opportunity of coaching any one of these teams to success, and would be honoured if I got one of these jobs :)