EXV: Discussion

Started by Vinny, September 15, 2014, 10:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrads

Holz

Quote from: Scrads on February 09, 2017, 11:12:01 PM
Quote from: Scrads on February 05, 2017, 11:46:29 PM
Do we have a date yet?

Sorry everyone i reckon its best if we wait till few days after im back which is next sunday. We will steam roll through the draft so will be all good for roynd 1

Rids

In my opinion this rookie draft needs to be completed prior to the JLT Comp beginning next week otherwise people in the draft will gain an advantage over others who planned not to be there by seeing footy action and new players and roles.

Nige

Quote from: Rids on February 11, 2017, 09:36:05 PM
In my opinion this rookie draft needs to be completed prior to the JLT Comp beginning next week otherwise people in the draft will gain an advantage over others who planned not to be there by seeing footy action and new players and roles.
I agree.

Ziplock

So this is a quote from the draft thread but my response is more appropriate to here

Quote from: elephants on February 22, 2017, 04:14:44 PM
Quote from: Holz on February 22, 2017, 04:07:15 PM
Quote from: elephants on February 22, 2017, 03:54:14 PM
Quote from: Holz on February 22, 2017, 03:52:48 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on February 22, 2017, 03:33:05 PM
We'll go Wilson

Same reason as Ruggles really, provides that defensive depth, a player about to hit his prime etc.

geez your killing me.

both my defenders gone.

This is why in future we should pump out the rookie draft and have a 1 week trade window post-draft ;)

i was just about to say i absolutely love having the draft close to the season and was thinking we go even later next year. People are getting some serious value now rather then just taking stabs in the dark. If we drafted 2 weeks ago i would have taken DBJ pick 8.

being close to the season ill be able to pick up a decent defender.

Haha, instead I'm getting some serious value in DBJ at 18 ;) People letting him slide cos Port haven't played a JLT match yet.

I don't really mind when we do it, but the absolute key is that THIS MUST BE DECIDED IN THE POST-SEASON IN OCTOBER!!! Some teams are put at a significant disadvantage by having some JLT matches played and others not played. Plus this entirely changes the value of some rookie picks (for better and worse) therefore it is critical that everyone is on the same page from the beginning of the trade window.

Quote from: LF on February 22, 2017, 04:12:16 PM
No surprise with the defenders getting picked up,look at the team lists and see how many teams needed defenders,this is why we grabbed Dea with our first pick so we could get our ruck backup along with another mid with later picks,could see a lot of defenders going in these rounds

I've strayed from my original plan based on picking the best players available in my opinion. Just a happy accident that these were defenders, but the Euro rookie has a history of solid defenders popping up!

Quote from: Holz on February 22, 2017, 04:36:49 PM
Quote from: elephants on February 22, 2017, 04:14:44 PM
THIS MUST BE DECIDED IN THE POST-SEASON IN OCTOBER!!![/b] Some teams are put at a significant disadvantage by having some JLT matches played and others not played. Plus this entirely changes the value of some rookie picks (for better and worse) therefore it is critical that everyone is on the same page from the beginning of the trade window.

Agree and apologies for the stuff up. Ill put it to vote after the draft finishes for next year.

Yeah, unfortunately it did need to be sorted really earlier. I'm all for having the draft late, but it really shouldn't have overlapped with the preseason games without prior knowledge (doesn't really affect me, I didn't trade any rookie picks, but it is an advantage to anyone who loaded up on rookie picks).

To be honest, I'm all for trading all season long (except during the drafts- otherwise people will hold up the draft while negotiating etc.). I know it's not how the AFL works (at the moment), but it is in keeping pretty well with fantasy football. Itd be nice for the teams who, lets say, have their top 2 forwards get LTIS to still be competitive, and it gives the opportunity for other teams with depth (in this scenario) to capitalise on those situations. You'd probs limit the number of trades though

LaHug

Nah, don't limit them. Unlimited trades during the season! I'm waiting for Sam Jacobs to get sick for a few weeks towards the end of the season and have ele offer me a king's ransom for Reilly O'Brien.

PowerBug

Quote from: PowerBug on February 07, 2017, 05:19:56 PM
Could someone please post the top 8 teams from EXVs last season in finishing order post-finals and including the manager(s) names. When two teams got knocked out in the same week the one higher on the ladder goes first. Cheers :)

Spite

Quote from: PowerBug on February 23, 2017, 08:23:40 PM
Could someone please post the top 8 teams from EXVs last season in finishing order post-finals and including the manager(s) names. When two teams got knocked out in the same week the one higher on the ladder goes first. Cheers :)

Russian Roulettes - Rids/Nostra
Hungarian Hulks - Holz
Greek Titans - Spite
Serbian Eagles - Nrich
Iceland Polar Bears - HP
Svalbard Valkyries - Zippy
Belgian Bashers - Ele/Rico
Macedonian Wolves - Scrads

Holz

Quote from: Spite on March 01, 2017, 01:33:06 AM

Hungarian Hulks - Holz
Greek Titans - Spite
Serbian Eagles - Nrich
Iceland Polar Bears - HP

Hulks won flag

Spite

Quote from: Holz on March 01, 2017, 07:56:24 AM

Hungarian Hulks - Holz
Greek Titans - Spite
Serbian Eagles - Nrich
Iceland Polar Bears - HP

Hulks won flag

LOL! Sorry, I didn't even bother checking the GF results again because I just remembered how good Rids/Nostra team was and assumed they'd won :P

Holz

Quote from: Spite on March 02, 2017, 05:51:01 PM
Quote from: Holz on March 01, 2017, 07:56:24 AM

Hungarian Hulks - Holz
Greek Titans - Spite
Serbian Eagles - Nrich
Iceland Polar Bears - HP

Hulks won flag

LOL! Sorry, I didn't even bother checking the GF results again because I just remembered how good Rids/Nostra team was and assumed they'd won :P

yeah they won the minor. I scored more points then they did for the season but Serbia was probably the best team last year.

Purple 77

Was just perusing some threads, and I know I'm late, but...

Quote from: Nige on February 24, 2017, 06:00:12 PM
Tom Barrass and Joel Smith to actually finish the draft!

That is all me.

PowerBug

Rids

Is there going to be a round 1 team thread up soon?

LF

Quote from: Rids on March 21, 2017, 07:21:40 PM
Is there going to be a round 1 team thread up soon?

We usually don't start at round 1