Main Menu

Where to now for the Tigers

Started by shaker, September 07, 2014, 07:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaker

Bad loss today but what are the Tigers going to do next year , I am a firm believer that the days of grabbing 24/25/26/ year olds is a recipe for disaster this year we had 3 players 18/19 on our list Lennon McBean and Gordon have not checked but think that would have to one of the lowest if not the lowest in the league

Right so lets get honest Hampson Knights Morris Lloyd Petterd Dea Batchelor Edwards + 2 , then we have Foley and Newman which the game has probably gone past and no disrespect to them they have been great servants to the club but these guys are not going to bring us success

I think the Tigers have to see if there is any interest in any of these type players for draft picks this year and I am not against getting young players from other clubs ala Miles but NO MORE MID AGED PLAYERS  all draft picks must be on youth otherwise while chasing the dream of success we will end up with a bunch of old players which means TOTAL REBUILD thoughts ?

Jay

Probably would've helped the long term if you continued on your 3-10 form :-X

shaker

Quote from: Jayman on September 07, 2014, 07:21:24 PM
Probably would've helped the long term if you continued on your 3-10 form :-X

Ha ha jayman we all know that tanking does not happen  :P

Toga

Gordon is 24, and I would be disappointed if the club tried to trade Morris or Titch Edwards

kilbluff1985

Nige

Quote from: Toga on September 07, 2014, 07:28:05 PM
Gordon is 24, and I would be disappointed if the club tried to trade Morris or Titch Edwards

shaker

Quote from: Toga on September 07, 2014, 07:28:05 PM

My mistake if not Gordon it is still only 3 players 18/19 on our list which is low

shaker

Well cmon guys tell me how we are going to compete with teams like the Hawks , Swans , and after today Port , the Hawks and Swans are having great success while still blooding young guys we need YOUNG BLOKES for the future , both Edwards and Morris have not shown they are consistent players that will make a difference every game , when the real pressure is applied they fold like a deck of cards . Parker for the Swans is a perfect example of a player that has had a breakout year at 21 and everyone has taken notice , that sort of player is waiting in the draft not with Edwards or Morris

Jroo

There is absolutely no way I'd trade Titch, he's a gun. He's an A-Grade player now.
Morris I wouldn't be against trading, he hasn't had a great year. Yes he's been injured, but he's continued to make poor decisions and he's a poor kick.

shaker

Now lets get this straight I put up a list of players and you guys seemed to singled out these 2 , Titch is about as far from an A grader as I can imagine but it's not about him or Morris they are just in a group I think that can not improve because of there age lets face it if they were that good after all these years we would all have them in our SC teams , what I'm asking is how can the Tiges get to a level like the Swans and Hawks and these guys can not get us there in my opinion , my answer is to unload some of this dead wood get youth via the draft before the basis of our team gets to old ?

Jroo

Quote from: shaker on September 07, 2014, 08:40:47 PM
Now lets get this straight I put up a list of players and you guys seemed to singled out these 2 , Titch is about as far from an A grader as I can imagine but it's not about him or Morris they are just in a group I think that can not improve because of there age lets face it if they were that good after all these years we would all have them in our SC teams , what I'm asking is how can the Tiges get to a level like the Swans and Hawks and these guys can not get us there in my opinion , my answer is to unload some of this dead wood get youth via the draft before the basis of our team gets to old ?
They were two guys you mentioned in the OP.
Titch will definitely finish in the top five in the B&F, he's had a great year. Not far from being an A Grader IMO, he only needs 15 touches and he could be BOG.
I like Petterd, apart from his kicking not sure why he gets so much hate.

But I can understand your point, there's not many players that have improvement left, outside our 22. We definitely need to get some youth in, players like Dea, Helbig and BOH will probably be delisted. Don't think we need to panic just yet.

Jay

Quote from: JROO8 on September 07, 2014, 08:08:48 PM
There is absolutely no way I'd trade Titch, he's a gun. He's an A-Grade player now.
Morris I wouldn't be against trading, he hasn't had a great year. Yes he's been injured, but he's continued to make poor decisions and he's a poor kick.
Define A-Grader...

Nige

Daniel Talia is an A-grade defender and you wouldn't pick him in your Supercoach team.

Stupid comment.

shaker

Quote from: JROO8 on September 07, 2014, 08:49:50 PM
They were two guys you mentioned in the OP.
Titch will definitely finish in the top five in the B&F, he's had a great year. Not far from being an A Grader IMO, he only needs 15 touches and he could be BOG.
I like Petterd, apart from his kicking not sure why he gets so much hate.

But I can understand your point, there's not many players that have improvement left, outside our 22. We definitely need to get some youth in, players like Dea, Helbig and BOH will probably be delisted. Don't think we need to panic just yet.

Not panic just time to act , and those guys are not going to benefit the Tiges as well , people think I am anti Richmond far from it Hardwick had his arse saved thanks to that 9 game streak but when you look at the season we did no better than last year , so we have some good players but only Lennon and McBean that could possibly come in and what we can get from this draft , my theory is unload dead wood and hit the draft big time no OLDIES can only be good for the Tiges future

shaker

Quote from: NigeyS on September 07, 2014, 09:03:02 PM
Daniel Talia is an A-grade defender and you wouldn't pick him in your Supercoach team.

Stupid comment.

Daniel Talia is from the Crows could not give hoot about him Nigey work with me we are talking about the Tiges don't just keep dismissing my input on the our team only trying to get peoples thoughts on how the Tiges can get better