Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Quote from: meow meow on October 20, 2016, 04:48:21 PM
Quote from: meow meow on October 20, 2016, 04:44:34 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on October 20, 2016, 04:41:18 PM
So, it is true that Hawks gave up 48, 66 & 70 for Carlton's 2017 second rounder (say Pick 25).

Surely... SURELY, an IOU was involved in this trade. I just can't understand it, at all.

Blues are going to win the flag, then add a couple of compo picks and we're looking at pick 40ish. Not so bad...

Or in reality somewhere around the pick 20 mark. flowering awful.

Hang on, the Blue's 2nd rounder went to Geelong in the Tuohy trade. Must be another team's 2nd round pick...

GWS's 2nd rounder next year (Marchbank trade)

Makes sense since their pick will be up towards 40 anyway.

Nope, looking at it again it appears that the Blues have GWS's 2nd rounder, and Hawthorn do in fact have Carlton's 2nd rounder. Surely they meant to send the GWS 2nd to the Hawks instead? Haha what a flower up if true! I think the AFL site has screwed up instead of the Blues.

meow meow

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 20, 2016, 04:56:07 PM
So who won trade week??

West Coast? Giants?

Who lost

Hawks? Port?

West Coast got Sammy and Vardy for a 5th round pick. Can't beat that.

Holz

if JOM stays healthy then Hawks won this trade period easy.

Mitchell Lewis basically i take it as retired young.

elephants

Yep happy with the Weagles effort. Wouldn't be unhappy if I was a Freo or Giants fan either.

Lol'd when the Eagles weren't even an option on FoxSports poll for who won trade period ::)

jvalles69

Winners
Hawks
Dees
Dockers
Eagles
Giants
Saints
Suns (in terms of rebuild)

Losers
Crows
Power
Lions

Not sure yet
Swans
Dogs
Tigers
Cats
Roos
Blues
Bombers
Pies

elephants

Definitely disagree with anyone that says the Hawks lose!

iZander

Yeah Dees have to be up there in the winners, bought in Lewis and Hibbo (and Mckenna)

Purple 77

I'm pretty happy as a Melb fan.

We had Pick 29, 48, 66, 84, Dunn

And turned it into

Lewis, Hibberd, McKenna Pick 47, Pick 69

With Smells Ham to come in next year too, that's a big injection of experience  :D

Bill Manspeaker

Jack Steele, Nathan Brown, Koby Stevens

23, 36, 61

2 first rounders next year

all without trading a player out

flowerin stoked with the trade period!

SydneyRox

Quote from: elephants on October 20, 2016, 05:18:52 PM

They gave up a lot to get what came in the door. And they did some damage to players still there as well I reckon.

Handled Lewis and JOM trades really badly.

Havent got a pick in 2016 until #88

May not have lost due to getting JOM and Mitchell, but wouldnt call them winners

elephants

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 20, 2016, 05:26:09 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 20, 2016, 05:18:52 PM

They gave up a lot to get what came in the door. And they did some damage to players still there as well I reckon.

Handled Lewis and JOM trades really badly.

Havent got a pick in 2016 until #88

May not have lost due to getting JOM and Mitchell, but wouldnt call them winners

JOM and Mitchell have elite potential though imo, and Smitch was in his final year regardless. Lewis went real cheap, but lets be honest.. Fantasy aside he had some pretty poor games of footy last season, on the decline imo.

Holz

Quote from: elephants on October 20, 2016, 05:08:16 PM
Yep happy with the Weagles effort. Wouldn't be unhappy if I was a Freo or Giants fan either.

Lol'd when the Eagles weren't even an option on FoxSports poll for who won trade period ::)

did you really do that great?

Vardy does have talent but can never stay healthy.

Mitchell probably only around for 1 year and i doubt you get a flag from it.

you didnt give much but you didnt really gain anything long term that helps you.

Freo on the over hand killed it

they moved down from 3 to 7 and will get the guy they wanted anyway (English) then basically gave up 2 early 2nd rounders and some late picks to gain Cam Mcarthy, Hill, Kersten and got 2 later 2nd rounders back.

Cam Mcarthy + 2 later 2nd rounder + Hill + Kersten

2 early 2nd rounder

elephants

Quote from: Holz on October 20, 2016, 05:31:18 PM

Well we finished fourth on points, 6th on percentage so we won enough games for top 4, just not in the manner we would have liked.

Smitch is an elite user, something we do lack through the midfield at this time so he is a massive bonus for pick 88.

We need another ruck, Vardy has plenty of talent and at 25 is hitting his prime. Just needs to keep his body together. Heaps of upside for little cost.

Didn't land the big fish we probably hoped for, but Sammy Mitchell is a masssive win.

jvalles69

Quote from: Holz on October 20, 2016, 05:31:18 PM

you didnt give much but you didnt really gain anything long term that helps you.

Freo on the over hand killed it

they moved down from 3 to 7 and will get the guy they wanted anyway (English) then basically gave up 2 early 2nd rounders and some late picks to gain Cam Mcarthy, Hill, Kersten and got 2 later 2nd rounders back.

Cam Mcarthy + 2 later 2nd rounder + Hill + Kersten

2 early 2nd rounder

The thing is we didn't really need to do much, we didn't lose any of our big names, we got an elite super experienced player to help progress our younger guys and we got the backup ruckman we were looking for not named Petrie.  We've never been massive players with trades and recruiting players, we tend to develop our own and draft really well.  So many of our guys are still improving McGovern, Barass, Duggan, Sheed, Darling heck even Gaff, Shuey and Yeo prob haven't reached their potential.  We're fine and happy to slide under the radar.  ;)

Scrads

Saints were definitely big winners this trade period. I'm not saying we were big winners as well but I don't think bringing in Tom Mitchell and O'Meara can in any way be a losing trade period. As people have said, Sam Mitchell and Lewis were retirements waiting to happen so losing them is really no different than for example Geelong losing Bartel and Enright.