Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 20, 2016, 03:55:39 PM
Not a great trade period for Adelaide at all

Clearly put all their eggs in one basket, and lost a good player too

Surprised that all it took for JOM was Pick 10 and a 2nd rounder in the end. Would have thought for sure at least one player from Hawks would have been sent up

That's no correct RD all our eggs weren't in the one basket, our plan was to always take 13 to the draft until Gibbs stated he wanted a trade, we had a crack and it didn't pan out.
Lyons was a flower up, no argument there.

Seems outsiders are dirtier about us not getting Gibbs than we are, don't project that on us that's your issue.
We're content with what went down and moving on thanks.

elephants

Quote from: Grazz on October 20, 2016, 04:22:21 PM

Surprised that all it took for JOM was Pick 10 and a 2nd rounder in the end. Would have thought for sure at least one player from Hawks would have been sent up

That's no correct RD all our eggs weren't in the one basket, our plan was to always take 13 to the draft until Softie stated he wanted a trade, we had a crack and it didn't pan out.

Seems outsiders are dirtier about us not getting Softie than we are, don't project that on us that's your issue.

That might be your personal view Grazz, but any Adelaide fan that blames Carlton for the proceedings is well off the mark and directly contradicting your statement :P

Levi434

GC will win the Premiership within 3 years.

Not my words.

Grazz

Quote from: elephants on October 20, 2016, 04:30:38 PM

That's no correct RD all our eggs weren't in the one basket, our plan was to always take 13 to the draft until Softie stated he wanted a trade, we had a crack and it didn't pan out.

Seems outsiders are dirtier about us not getting Softie than we are, don't project that on us that's your issue.

That might be your personal view Grazz, but any Adelaide fan that blames Carlton for the proceedings is well off the mark and directly contradicting your statement :P

Don't think anyone of us have done that tbh yet and yes 100% my view.

lachie_001

As it sits now, we went into the trade period needing midfield depth and we came out with less depth. So we definetely flowered up.

But on the bright side, maybe CEY, Grigg, Wigg, Knight can all get a run now. We also get to keep pick 13 which I'm happy about.

powersuperkents

Carlton had all the leverage

So the onus was on the Crows to play ball and impress Carlton with the deal...

Not the other way around

RaisyDaisy

Not sure how you're content with losing Lyons and gaining nothing

Yes you have Pick 13, but I think it's widely acknowledged (and by Crows supporters too) that another gun mid is exactly what you needed

I'm not privy to what conversations were had, but I can't see how keeping a pick you we're already given and losing a good kid can be considered a good result

Players of Softie quality don't come knocking on your door often, especially when you're in the window you're in.

Carlton had every right to charge overs due to his contract, and I think Adelaide should have given what they asked

Say you lose your next two years first round picks - you're list is primed to challenge for the cup - who cares about 2 kids who could actually turn into nothing. You've got great talent like CEY and Wigg who can't get a game so young talent shouldn't be a priority over winning a cup atm. Softie is proven

Anyway, not having a crack at the supporters lol you guys don't have a say on how the club trades - just surprised to see they let Bryce slip and didn't look to bring in any other mids

Rusty00

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 20, 2016, 04:36:28 PM

Carlton had all the leverage

So the onus was on the Crows to play ball and impress Carlton with the deal...

Not the other way around
Not sure anyone is arguing that point ;)

Purple 77

So, it is true that Hawks gave up 48, 66 & 70 for Carlton's 2017 second rounder (say Pick 25).

Surely... SURELY, an IOU was involved in this trade. I just can't understand it, at all.

meow meow

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 20, 2016, 04:41:18 PM
So, it is true that Hawks gave up 48, 66 & 70 for Carlton's 2017 second rounder (say Pick 25).

Surely... SURELY, an IOU was involved in this trade. I just can't understand it, at all.

Blues are going to win the flag, then add a couple of compo picks and we're looking at pick 40ish. Not so bad...

Or in reality somewhere around the pick 20 mark. flowering awful.

meow meow

Quote from: meow meow on October 20, 2016, 04:44:34 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on October 20, 2016, 04:41:18 PM

Blues are going to win the flag, then add a couple of compo picks and we're looking at pick 40ish. Not so bad...

Or in reality somewhere around the pick 20 mark. flowering awful.

Hang on, the Blue's 2nd rounder went to Geelong in the Tuohy trade. Must be another team's 2nd round pick...

GWS's 2nd rounder next year (Marchbank trade)

Makes sense since their pick will be up towards 40 anyway.

Grazz

SOS's demands were unreasonable, if we bit and jumped at it no doubt the Blues come out the winner. SoS had no intention of letting him go unless we fell for what he was asking for, we didn't .
No problem that is 100% his right to do that as he did have all the leverage they have that player contracted to the club. I'm not crying foul it all played out just as I expected, was never going to happen unless SoS was prepared to be more reasonable or we were prepared to pay way overs which we weren't, end of story. I don't see what the issue is.

Grazz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 20, 2016, 04:40:11 PM
Not sure how you're content with losing Lyons and gaining nothing

Yes you have Pick 13, but I think it's widely acknowledged (and by Crows supporters too) that another gun mid is exactly what you needed

I'm not privy to what conversations were had, but I can't see how keeping a pick you we're already given and losing a good kid can be considered a good result

Players of Softie quality don't come knocking on your door often, especially when you're in the window you're in.

Carlton had every right to charge overs due to his contract, and I think Adelaide should have given what they asked

Say you lose your next two years first round picks - you're list is primed to challenge for the cup - who cares about 2 kids who could actually turn into nothing. You've got great talent like CEY and Wigg who can't get a game so young talent shouldn't be a priority over winning a cup atm. Softie is proven

Anyway, not having a crack at the supporters lol you guys don't have a say on how the club trades - just surprised to see they let Bryce slip and didn't look to bring in any other mids

Content with what happened regarding Gibbs mate, have stated already I am not happy with what happened regarding Lyons deal. That was a flower up.

Holz

Quote from: Grazz on October 20, 2016, 04:49:35 PM
SOS's demands were unreasonable, if we bit and jumped at it no doubt the Blues come out the winner. SoS had no intention of letting him go unless we fell for what he was asking for, we didn't .
No problem that is 100% his right to do that as he did have all the leverage they have that player contracted to the club. I'm not crying foul it all played out just as I expected, was never going to happen unless SoS was prepared to be more reasonable or we were prepared to pay way overs which we weren't, end of story. I don't see what the issue is.

the simple thing is he could have given him at market value given his player wanted to go home. Going for overs really only hurts gibbs and realistically they dont have the list to compete so when they are primed with weits cripps docherty all in their prime gibbs will be gone.

SydneyRox

So who won trade week??

West Coast? Giants?

Who lost

Hawks? Port?