Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Thought I'd start something up because a few have popped up today.

Interesting one about Paddy Ryder

Tom Browne ‏@TomBrowne7  16m
Just to reiterate, as I reported on #7NewsMelb last night, Paddy Ryder wants a trade to @brisbanelions . Shapes as significant trade story

Nige

RaisyDaisy

That seems so randon and weird  :o

With Leuy, Martin and West already, it sounds even more odd... Gold Coast on the other hand could use him!

GoLions

Wow, really? He'd be 3rd ruck at best.

Polkinghorne (delisted) wants to go back to Victoria apparently, wonder if anyone will actually take him haha

Ricochet

They'd play him up fwd I would assume

GoLions

Quote from: Ricochet on September 01, 2014, 03:09:15 PM
Yeah but considering we're rebuilding, we're gonna want to get as many games into guys like McStay, Freeman, Close, and Paine as we can. Getting Ryder would just delay the development of at least 1 of those guys.

Ricochet

Quote from: GoLions16 on September 01, 2014, 03:11:44 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 01, 2014, 03:09:15 PM
Yeah but considering we're rebuilding, we're gonna want to get as many games into guys like McStay, Freeman, Close, and Paine as we can. Getting Ryder would just delay the development of at least 1 of those guys.
Ryder's only 26 though man. About to hit his prime and will help some of these young boys out. I would imagine you'd have to give up a decent starter to get him though. Its a strange rumour

SydneyRox

Very strange. Including why would Ryder want to go to QLD?

Jroo

Ryder is gun, would be a good get for the Lions even though they don't need him.
Berger in the ruck, Paddy up forward and Martin in the midfield  :o

Ringo

Reckon Ryder to Brisbane is strange.  Maybe if being used forward to assist development of youngsters would be good as McGuance appears to be a fail.. Would allow Sauce to return to defence.

Is this a reason why Lisle was delisted.

This may be a sound forward line going forward:
Green, Freeman/McStay, Ryder
Zorko, Resting Ruck, Staker

Mailman the 2nd

Ryder is a very strong ruckman. Easily would fit into the starting 22 of any club

nrich102

Purple 77

I wonder if Brisbane are willing to take his baggage (ASADA stuff)?

Ringo

Nailed it money and if Brisbane pay overs eg Fevola I will tear my membership up this time. fair enough we have room under our Salary cap with retirements and only paying 95% for the last couple of years but we should be spending it shoring up youngsters as well.  Aish should be the No 1 priority now. 

Toga

Certainly an interesting one, not sure whether he'd be a good fit for the team though ???