GoLions

Quote from: sammy123 on October 06, 2014, 08:48:32 PM
Quote from: GoLions on October 06, 2014, 05:31:35 PM
Quote from: sammy123 on October 06, 2014, 04:24:53 PM
Quote from: WCarey18 on October 06, 2014, 03:49:39 PM
Quote from: meow meow on October 06, 2014, 03:38:35 PM
Quote from: Holz on October 06, 2014, 03:34:31 PM
We will keep greenwood

Collingwood, Richmond and the Bulldogs have offered him a better contract than North have.

Pies asked for either of Hanley, Zorko, Aish or Mayes in the Beams deal.

Brisbane have told Collingwood today that they will NOT be getting a player in return for Beams.

Source: @AyrtonWoolley

I understand brisbane saying no. But beams isnt worth pick 4 in the draft. He's a superstar one of the better players in the game. Brisbane should give up one of those players listed.

Good on collingwood for standing up. Brisbane are offering them crap
We didn't say we were going to stick with just offering pick 4 either. It looks as though we'll be tossing in either our 2nd round pick as well, or if we get something from Merrett/Patfull (should they happen to go). Or we don't get him and continue on as we were, and the Pies either deal with the Suns or get stuck with a player who doesn't want to be there.

Yeah but even 2 draft picks isnt worth it. Beams has to be a straight swap for a Brisbane elite player.
Beams is the one that wants to go though. If we swap an elite player (possibly with pick 4) then we effectively gain nothing from the trade and therefore there is no point in us trading at all.

nrich102

I think someone got it wrong somewhere, he's going to play for the northern blues in the vfl :P

Dudge

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 06, 2014, 08:30:00 PM
The thing is, Port are desperate for a goalkicking ruckman. Absolutely desperate. You could make an argument that Hawthorn wouldn't have two premierships if it wasn't for Hale.

You can make a argument for the chicken OR the egg aswell ;)

Boomz

Cmon guys if your club was losing a top 5 ruckman in his prime you would be playing hardball too... Yes he could possibly use a clause to get out anyway but it's day 1 of trade week ffs if they were going around saying we accept pick 16 I'd be pretty worried.

Nails

Quote from: Boomz on October 06, 2014, 09:34:09 PM
Cmon guys if your club was losing a top 5 ruckman in his prime you would be playing hardball too... Yes he could possibly use a clause to get out anyway but it's day 1 of trade week ffs if they were going around saying we accept pick 16 I'd be pretty worried.

Shame Paddy isn't in the top 5 doe.

Tominator

Quote from: Toga on October 06, 2014, 06:23:27 PM
Quote from: Vinny on October 06, 2014, 06:18:48 PM
Has Jaksch nominated Carlton officially as his preferred destination?

Nope, although I'm pretty sure his manager said today that he was probably leaning towards wanting to go to the Blues ;)

Leaning toward it but hasn't decided for certain yet. Some interest from the Bulldogs and St Kilda too.

His agent, Matt Bain, also represents Tim Membrey, who's just requested to go to St Kilda - he'd be a ripper get who shouldn't cost too much either. I remember having Membrey pencilled in as a Top 20 pick in my own Phantom Draft back in 2012, but he somehow got to Pick 46 in the 2012 draft. So maybe Bain might try and get Membrey and Jaksch to both go to the Saints, but who knows

Jonathan O'Rourke is also tossing up St Kilda and Hawthorn amongst other clubs.

Dudge

The thing is, he want's out mate. It's not like Port poached him 12 months ago. Everyone has to remember, he want's out regardless of where he goes. Just so happens he picked Port. So we'll give Hartlett, who hasn't said he wants to go. Do we throw in Boak as a sweetener?

Boomz

Quote from: Nails on October 06, 2014, 09:54:57 PM

Shame Paddy isn't in the top 5 doe.

Eh not as a ruckman alone but he kicked 20 goals and 7th for hitouts and at 26 he's still got a few good years in him. Not saying we shouldn't accept 16 but if we were going out and accepting 16 on the first day of trade week that would send a pretty clear message we are scared as flower about the get out clause and all others would come rushing. All clubs asking for ridiculous stuff at this point.

Boomz

Quote from: Dudge on October 06, 2014, 09:59:51 PM

The thing is, he want's out mate. It's not like Port poached him 12 months ago. Everyone has to remember, he want's out regardless of where he goes. Just so happens he picked Port. So we'll give Hartlett, who hasn't said he wants to go. Do we throw in Boak as a sweetener?

Yes but he's contracted even with the clause that's gonna be yet another long legal battle if he goes that route (no I don't want it) so why should the club give in this early? Literally happens every trade period and either the club refusing to budge gets burned or they accept the deal at the end of the day...

Toga

BREAKING:
The Gold Coast Suns have won the signature of Sydney Swans defender Nick Malceski according to The Age.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/sun-rises-for-swan-nick-malceski-with-threeyear-gold-coast-deal-20141006-10r2og.html

Toga

The Gold Coast SUNS have signed Sydney Swans defender Nick Malceski as an unrestricted free agent.

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2014-10-06/gc-suns-land-malceski

roo boys!

Dudge

Quote from: Boomz on October 06, 2014, 10:07:13 PM
Quote from: Dudge on October 06, 2014, 09:59:51 PM

Yes but he's contracted even with the clause that's gonna be yet another long legal battle if he goes that route (no I don't want it) so why should the club give in this early? Literally happens every trade period and either the club refusing to budge gets burned or they accept the deal at the end of the day...

I know where you're coming from Boomz, I'm just  getting paranoid haha

Nails

That's an up yours to everyone saying Free Agency is only for players going to top 4.

Leaves grand finalist side to go to a team not even in top 8.

WCarey18

Quote from: Toga on October 06, 2014, 10:30:55 PM
The Gold Coast SUNS have signed Sydney Swans defender Nick Malceski as an unrestricted free agent.

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2014-10-06/gc-suns-land-malceski

Be interesting to keep an eye on compensation after Carlton received nothing for Waite....