Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

Quote from: Tominator on October 06, 2014, 05:24:21 PM
No trades completed on day 1 of the window. A lot of clubs really demanding high prices for their players now, and want maximum return (and then some) for their players who want out

Yeh I really thought the Clark and H' deals would be sorted by now - let the clubs get on to more pressing trades

GoLions

Quote from: _wato on October 06, 2014, 04:40:37 PM
Brisbane have said they aren't offering a player at all? They must have rocks in their head if they honestly believe Merrett (only player they have offered) and pick 4 will be enough.

That's about as pathetic as us offering Brisbane pick 4 and Hudson for Rockliff? Would never happen.

They need to understand that all their players can't be placed off limits or nothing will happen. Surely Beams must be disgruntled that they aren't offering anything that is even half decent to the Pies, giving the sense they don't value him much and I'm sure all he wants is to get up there and move on from this saga too.

Pick 4 and Mayes if no other party is to get involved Lions, or you better start managing some trade ideas worth considering hahahaha
I'd imagine that if it's gonna be even remotely a fair deal for Collingwood, a third team will get involved. Remember only a year ago we lost 5 kids to the "go home" factor, so the younger kids we took last year might not look favourably on us if we traded someone of high value for Beams.
Also, if a trade doesn't get done, think it hurts you more than us tbh. We have plenty of mids, obviously Beams would be fantastic to have, but we still have Rich and Redden to come back from last year, Zorko can go in mids when necessary, and all our young kids like Aishyyyyyy.

GoLions

Quote from: sammy123 on October 06, 2014, 04:24:53 PM
Quote from: WCarey18 on October 06, 2014, 03:49:39 PM
Quote from: meow meow on October 06, 2014, 03:38:35 PM
Quote from: Holz on October 06, 2014, 03:34:31 PM
We will keep greenwood

Collingwood, Richmond and the Bulldogs have offered him a better contract than North have.

Pies asked for either of Hanley, Zorko, Aish or Mayes in the Beams deal.

Brisbane have told Collingwood today that they will NOT be getting a player in return for Beams.

Source: @AyrtonWoolley

I understand brisbane saying no. But beams isnt worth pick 4 in the draft. He's a superstar one of the better players in the game. Brisbane should give up one of those players listed.

Good on collingwood for standing up. Brisbane are offering them crap
We didn't say we were going to stick with just offering pick 4 either. It looks as though we'll be tossing in either our 2nd round pick as well, or if we get something from Merrett/Patfull (should they happen to go). Or we don't get him and continue on as we were, and the Pies either deal with the Suns or get stuck with a player who doesn't want to be there.

nrich102

Does anyone remember how last trade period the Lions were trade graped with the go home 5 and all?? Surely its our turn to get a deal we win :P

Ricochet

Pick 3 for Melb. Good result

GoLions

I guess pick 4 to the Pies is officially off the table as well now :P

Cambo

Jay

Vinny

Has Jaksch nominated Carlton officially as his preferred destination?

Ricochet

Big Mac

Quote from: Jayman on October 06, 2014, 06:17:36 PM
Quote from: Cambo on October 06, 2014, 06:14:20 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 06, 2014, 05:37:38 PM

What a joke
Surely an under the table priority pick?

Wouldn't matter if it was Sam Blease leaving the club - It's all about contract length, value, the player's age and the ladder position of the team losing the player

Toga

Quote from: Vinny on October 06, 2014, 06:18:48 PM

Nope, although I'm pretty sure his manager said today that he was probably leaning towards wanting to go to the Blues ;)

Jroo

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 06, 2014, 06:21:49 PM
Quote from: Jayman on October 06, 2014, 06:17:36 PM
Quote from: Cambo on October 06, 2014, 06:14:20 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 06, 2014, 05:37:38 PM

What a joke
Surely an under the table priority pick?

Wouldn't matter if it was Sam Blease leaving the club - It's all about contract length, value, the player's age and the ladder position of the team losing the player
Yep exactly, they're the rules! Not saying they're right, but according to the rules that's what the Dees should get.

Vinny

Quote from: Toga on October 06, 2014, 06:23:27 PM
Quote from: Vinny on October 06, 2014, 06:18:48 PM

Nope, although I'm pretty sure his manager said today that he was probably leaning towards wanting to go to the Blues ;)
Sweet, thanks man. I am happy to take the punt on him as long as it doesn't take Pick 6!

Kane Lucas has got some interest in Freo I've heard. What you guys think Ric/Valk?