Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper27

Quote from: Jackross10 on October 07, 2014, 08:05:07 AM
Nice Keeper, just play Pelle > Chadli

yeah, city should get the win at home.

big question is ADM or Costa as (C)??

The_Captain

Quote from: Keeper27 on October 07, 2014, 07:57:32 AM

thoughts on the side. No transfers this week.
spewin about leaving Di Maria on the bench for Pelle, lost 11 points.

My exact midfield...

i have costa. But then i can only afford welbeck with him.. howd you manage to smuggle in aguero??

Keeper27

Quote from: noto07 on October 07, 2014, 11:14:33 AMhowd you manage to smuggle in aguero??

Had Rooney and Aguero wasnt much of a jump, plus my cheap DEF helped.
they're still doing the job bringing in decent but consistent points.

wisdom might be on the chopping block if he doesnt get the game after the liverpool game.

might go Pelle to Cisse & wisdom to Azpi, i need a chelsea DEF as my starting 3

The_Captain

yehah thats true.. I have baines in my def. That missed penalty  >:(. But strikerss are soo much higher scorers then def so i should probably try and get to aguero somehow. Unless welbeck pulls his finger out!

Spite

Quote from: Vinny on October 06, 2014, 10:07:25 PM
I can't recover after trading Costa after his rumoured six week injury and then not having him for three weeks. He had a hattrick and a double in that time. :'(

Mannone (Krul)
Moreno, Duff, Clyne. (Wisdom, Bruce)
Di Maria, Lamela, Siggy, Fabregas, Sterling.
Costa, Pelle (Naismith)

Any ideas boys?

Tough spot. Do you fix backline or get a third striker?

How much money in the bank?

Lamela to boyd
Naismith to welbeck
Moreno to Baines.

If I could afford it that's what I would do. Baines and welbeck have a soft fixture coming up and pools defence is super leaky atm.

@keeper, front half so strong but you'll be benching a high quality player each week...
Would downgrade one of them to boyd (4.4m) to get Baines in the backline to add some stability.
Play pelle this week though.

Keeper27

Quote from: Spite on October 07, 2014, 01:40:13 PM
@keeper, front half so strong but you'll be benching a high quality player each week...
Would downgrade one of them to boyd (4.4m) to get Baines in the backline to add some stability.

I get what you are saying.
That's why I said this

Quote from: Keeper27 on October 07, 2014, 12:33:12 PM

Azpi is a lock in the Chelsea DEF and they look solid.
so 6 points looks good week in week out.
Not sold on Baines or everton yet.

Pelle to Cisse looks ok as Cisse will start most weeks and since he seems to be the only real fwd choice it seems like the right move.
Wisdom to Azpi gives me a Chelsea DEF and a starter for my team.

Spite

Quote from: Keeper27 on October 07, 2014, 09:47:21 PM
Quote from: Spite on October 07, 2014, 01:40:13 PM

I get what you are saying.
That's why I said this

Quote from: Keeper27 on October 07, 2014, 12:33:12 PM

Azpi is a lock in the Chelsea DEF and they look solid.
so 6 points looks good week in week out.
Not sold on Baines or everton yet.

Pelle to Cisse looks ok as Cisse will start most weeks and since he seems to be the only real fwd choice it seems like the right move.
Wisdom to Azpi gives me a Chelsea DEF and a starter for my team.

I probably wouldn't trade pelle since he is one of the more inform strikers so far. Not only that, but soton have a very very soft fixture coming up and if pelle scores, he's likely to get the 3 bonus points too (he is one of the highest bonus point getters so far) - He was expected to have a bad week last week so don't trade him just off that. Most thought anything more than 2 points this week would just be a bonus.

Agree with you about Azpi, great value into a chelsea defence.

Baines missed his first ever penalty in the EPL last week resulting in a -2 but if he had scored that, he would have been in double figures this week. He has scored in double figures the previous two weeks before last too, making him the most in form defender. That was all without a cs. Now with evertons draw opening up, hopefully they will be able to keep some cleanies too.

Cisse is a punt and could be a very short sighted one. Only played 3 games, and only 1 game did he last more than 45 minutes. Sure he will start from now on but over 300k people traded in Ulloa last week and how did that turn out for them? 2 points against burnley. I'm not saying Cisse is actually a bad punt, but you will still have to bench either him or an expensive mid every single week so its going to be rather hit and miss if you play the correct one and its really wasted money on the bench.

If you have a bench totally under $17m (4.5m keeper, 4.4m mid, 4m defender, 4m defender) then you will have at this stage around $85m of players on the field. Your front 7 is great and your TV is probably much better than mine, but that means nothing if you can only play $83m on your field because you have to bench a premo each week.

The reason its usually better to drop a mid than a striker is because the cheapest playing striker is like 5m and the cheapest playing mid is 4.4m, so you get an extra $0.6m to play around with. 

Keeper27

Quote from: Spite on October 08, 2014, 02:26:45 PM
The reason its usually better to drop a mid than a striker is because the cheapest playing striker is like 5m and the cheapest playing mid is 4.4m, so you get an extra $0.6m to play around with.

i get ya, i do, and that was what i used last year when i there was 3 superstar fwds firing (suarez, sturridge and Rooney)
but now we have 1 GREAT fwd in Costa and the rest are OK.
Rooney was a solid choice but he's out till Nov 2.

i can even go Pelle to Naismith (cheap starter & decent fixture) and will get points with Barkley out (expected to be back 18 OCT).
Wisdom to Azpi and have 1.0 in the kitty, but that'll cost me -4 points.

but i'll have the flexibility of playing 443 & 452

Spite

Quote from: Keeper27 on October 08, 2014, 03:45:18 PM
Quote from: Spite on October 08, 2014, 02:26:45 PM

i get ya, i do, and that was what i used last year when i there was 3 superstar fwds firing (suarez, sturridge and Rooney)
but now we have 1 GREAT fwd in Costa and the rest are OK.
Rooney was a solid choice but he's out till Nov 2.

i can even go Pelle to Naismith (cheap starter & decent fixture) and will get points with Barkley out (expected to be back 18 OCT).
Wisdom to Azpi and have 1.0 in the kitty, but that'll cost me -4 points.

but i'll have the flexibility of playing 443 & 452

Fair enough. I think costa and aguero are two deadset guns though and sturridge is close to returning so we may get that holy trinity back up front.

Isnt the 18th of October in time for next gameweek? In which case naismith wont be a great options?

So you'd have to weight up cisse or boyd + money

Pros and Cons for both sides

My Chumps

Think I've got my team in a good place. Still carrying Vlaar tho  :-\

Krul
Lovren - Baines - Taylor
Di Maria (C) - Fabregas - Sigurdsson - Chadli
Naismith - Augero - Diego Costa (VC)

Myhill, Schniderlin, Van Aanholt, Vlaar

Need a better back up keeper (maybe even starter) and Vlaar ---> another Villa defender probably. Midfield's cheap but effective, then splashed on Augero and Costa.

Spite

Quote from: My Chumps on October 08, 2014, 04:30:32 PM
Think I've got my team in a good place. Still carrying Vlaar tho  :-\

Krul
Lovren - Baines - Taylor
Di Maria (C) - Fabregas - Sigurdsson - Chadli
Naismith - Augero - Diego Costa (VC)

Myhill, Schniderlin, Van Aanholt, Vlaar

Need a better back up keeper (maybe even starter) and Vlaar ---> another Villa defender probably. Midfield's cheap but effective, then splashed on Augero and Costa.

Barkley is meant to be back (at this stage) for next game week so Naismith may be pushed out.  I assume you'll play scheiderlin instead so all good.

Why do you even need vlaar? It's not like you'd bench Baines so 2 of lovren, naylor or PVA would need to play each week so that's good enough imo. Would trade vlaar to a 4.0/.1/.2 like moore, wisdom, duff and use the money else where.

Spite

By the way, who is the owner of the inappropriate named first place team in our league atm?

My Chumps

Valid points Spite. Surely Everton can't drop Naismith the way he's been playing? Unreal goalscoring record, although I guess it hasn't really resulted in wins.

Cheers for the help.

Keeper27

Who would be the better fwd option?
Welbeck - Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, Swansea, United and WBA.
Or
Pelle - Sunderland, Stoke, Leiscter, Villa and City

Keeper27

Some massive scores in our league.

Gotta get Baines in somehow.

On 58 with Di Maria as captain to go