EPL Fantasy 2014/15 Thread.

Started by Jackross10, July 20, 2014, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackross10

Quote from: Keeper27 on September 02, 2014, 11:45:29 AM
Quote from: Jackross10 on September 02, 2014, 11:37:09 AM
Welbeck at 6.9?

Um no. LOL

Why not. Surely he will score a few goals if he starts with like likes on Ozil, Sanchez and Ramsey feeding him.

My Chumps

Quote from: Jackross10 on September 02, 2014, 11:46:40 AM
Quote from: Keeper27 on September 02, 2014, 11:45:29 AM
Quote from: Jackross10 on September 02, 2014, 11:37:09 AM
Welbeck at 6.9?

Um no. LOL

Why not. Surely he will score a few goals if he starts with like likes on Ozil, Sanchez and Ramsey feeding him.
Worth a shout, but I think you'd rather Naismith for a bit less right now, and I'd have some concerns if your team structure allowed both.

Jackross10

I may have just activated my WC ;)

My Chumps

Quote from: Jackross10 on September 02, 2014, 08:30:44 PM
Haha, using it early! What moves did you make mate?

DazBurg

17426 already traded in Falcao at 11 :O

Jackross10

Quote from: My Chumps on September 02, 2014, 08:55:47 PM
Haha, using it early! What moves did you make mate?

Haha yeah. My time was not bad but scoring terrible. Thought I should freshen things up. Did a bit of research for the defence aswell. It's very cheap.

Team was.

De Gea (Gilks)
Debuchy, Lovren, Caulker (Bruce, Wisdom)
Mata, Ramsey, Siggy, Mutch (El Ahamadi)
Rooney, Balotelli, Sturridge

Team now.

Krul/Heaton (Foster)
Manquillo Wilson Taylor (Duff Wisdom)
Fabregas Sterling Ramsey Siggy (King)
Balotelli, Falcao, Costa.

My defence is cheap. I know. But I looked at fixtures and I can field 3 defenders a week who have these fixtures.

Leicester H Villa H WestHam H
Sunderland H QPR A WestHam A
Burnley H Newcastle H Everton H
WestBrom H Palace H Sunderland A
QPR A WestHam H Swansea H

I think that is good enough, I love my strikers and mids. Having Balo and Sterling is good because I go for Liverpool and watch all games. Not keen on any city players atm so I got Fab instead of Silva.

Keeper27

Nice moves.
Love the cheap defence.
I had a cheap defence from the start and as long as they rotate well you are getting points.
Love the mids. Got your big 4 too.
Love the Balotelli pick, as a Liverpool supporter he looked very promising and goal and assist points won't be too far away.
Costa is a gun. My only concern is Falcao.
Coming off a serious injury into an under performing team, might take a few weeks for em to gel together and then their "easy" run of games end and will have to face everton and Chelsea.
Naismith is a great cheap choice. With Barkley out for a while he's guaranteed to play.
Most likely in the "hole".

Other than that I like it. Solid on all lines.

Still thinking about trading out Silva for Punchy though. 5.9 is too cheap for a bloke that goes 110+ in consecutive years.

Jackross10

Sounds good keeper, thanks for the reply. I like the Falcao pick, I think he is a star and will score. With punchy, I think he is a gun aswell but I'm not sure whether taking out silva for him is worth it! Your chouce though!

CrowsFan

Quote from: Keeper27 on September 02, 2014, 10:59:14 PM
Love the Balotelli pick, as a Liverpool supporter he looked very promising and goal and assist points won't be too far away.
Assists?? Not really something Balo does that often haha! ;)

I think Ben Arfa is one to seriously consider and is only 5.8 at the moment. Will score plenty of goals and get assists for Hull if they play him...

Keeper27

Quote from: Honey Badger on September 03, 2014, 12:23:38 AM
Quote from: Keeper27 on September 02, 2014, 10:59:14 PM
Assists?? Not really something Balo does that often haha! ;)

I get ya, but if you watched his first game for Liverpool you'd be excited too.
He was tryna assist a few of the boys and I think he linked up well with our attackers.
His fitness is a minor issue with all the pressing he has to do (went back a few times to cover moreno) but that'll get better with more game time. Under Rodgers I think we'll see a better balotelli than ever before.

Quote from: Jackross10 on September 02, 2014, 11:57:28 PMWith punchy, I think he is a gun aswell but I'm not sure whether taking out silva for him is worth it! Your chouce though!

Silva won't always be in City's best with their fwd line and stacked midfield.
Punchy will always be in CPs best.

Quote from: Honey Badger on September 03, 2014, 12:23:38 AMI think Ben Arfa is one to seriously consider and is only 5.8 at the moment. Will score plenty of goals and get assists for Hull if they play him...

Bruce is a good manager,  getting Ben Arfa is a great move.
He is a gun. I agree that that he'll get goal and assists points throughout the year.

dirkdiggler

Probably should have waited until after the international break because of potential injuries...but I will be doing my wildcard as well this round. Too much value in the defence not to be missed imo

Jackross10

Quote from: dirkdiggler on September 03, 2014, 03:44:17 PM

Probably should have waited until after the international break because of potential injuries...but I will be doing my wildcard as well this round. Too much value in the defence not to be missed imo

Yeah, have you got a planned team yet?

Spite

If you've activated your WC now I would be jumping on all bandwagons right this second and hope by the start of next round they have gone up 0.2 so you can bank a free 0.1.

Example;

Jump on Naismith at 5.3, Ben arfa at 5.8 etc
Before lockout they are now 5.5 and 6.0

Go to your planned team above (doesn't cost a thing because you've activated your WC) and trade them out for a profit of 0.1 each right before the dead line for gw4

blue

Just played my wild card. Had 11 player changes

Jackross10

Argentina 4 d Germany 2. 
Di Maria with 3 assists and a goal. (22 fantasy  :o)
Aguero and Lamela scored.

Sterling was best on the pitch for England grabbing an a assist and Rooney netted the penalty.

Di Maria hmm