EPL Fantasy 2014/15 Thread.

Started by Jackross10, July 20, 2014, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spite

Quote from: _wato on August 11, 2014, 08:32:53 PM
Slight tweak of my team, think I'm right to go now.

Would love your thoughts however..

Would you rather Sanchez, Costa, Henderson or Lukaku, Mata, Ramsey? Already have Sig and Punchy!

Thinking the latter and that's what I'm going with at this stage.

Also Shaw & Nasri or Debuchy & Mata?

Second option in both choices! :)

blue

Quote from: Spite on August 11, 2014, 08:40:56 PM
Quote from: _wato on August 11, 2014, 08:32:53 PM
Slight tweak of my team, think I'm right to go now.

Would love your thoughts however..

Would you rather Sanchez, Costa, Henderson or Lukaku, Mata, Ramsey? Already have Sig and Punchy!

Thinking the latter and that's what I'm going with at this stage.

Also Shaw & Nasri or Debuchy & Mata?

Second option in both choices! :)

Is shaw fit

2nd in both for me too

blue

Ok here we go

DeGea  ( Myhill )

Lovren, Debuchy, Shawcross ( Hutton, Moore )

Erikson, Ramsey, Fabregas, Mata ( Shelvey )

Costa, lukaku, Bojan

Only 500k left in the bank, might use it to upgrade Hutton or Moore for a 4.5m defended.
Plan on switching between 3/4/3 and 3/5/2 depending on fixture between Shelvey and Bojan

CrowsFan

Only 4 goals in 24 matches in Holland last year doesn't fill me with much confidence for Bojan. Granted I can't find his assists stats, but I feel he has been greatly hyped for years now and never delivered...

Spite

Quote from: blue on August 11, 2014, 09:40:30 PM
Ok here we go

DeGea  ( Myhill )

Lovren, Debuchy, Shawcross ( Hutton, Moore )

Erikson, Ramsey, Fabregas, Mata ( Shelvey )

Costa, lukaku, Bojan

Only 500k left in the bank, might use it to upgrade Hutton or Moore for a 4.5m defended.
Plan on switching between 3/4/3 and 3/5/2 depending on fixture between Shelvey and Bojan

Looks good. Huge risk not having Rooney. As it's been said before, on pens with RVP out and has a super easy draw first 6 weeks. In 40+% of teams so if he fires, then...you're out of the running early!

You only need 1m so maybe downgrade shawcross and then lukaku to rooney if you want.

Quote from: Honey Badger on August 11, 2014, 10:45:57 PM
Only 4 goals in 24 matches in Holland last year doesn't fill me with much confidence for Bojan. Granted I can't find his assists stats, but I feel he has been greatly hyped for years now and never delivered...

Bojan was better than Messi as a youngster (I kid you not) so he has been hyped every single year...always failed. Until hopefully now :P

Had a good pre-season, soft draw, starts at home against Aston Villa who look rubbish defensively. If he scores he will rise in $$$ as people jump on, if he fails, straight to the bench and you play shelvey anyway!

That's my tactic too but have siggy (consdering snoddy instead) at the moment.

Jackross10

Costa, Sturridge and Roony  8)

Good strikers I think haha.

dirkdiggler

Quote from: Spite on August 11, 2014, 08:01:20 PM
Quote from: dirkdiggler on August 11, 2014, 05:05:30 PM
Quote from: blue on August 11, 2014, 03:45:28 PM
Best defender 6m or less already have lovren and debuchy

Davies at Spurs stands out for me. Spurs full back will be high up the pitch, he will play everyweek as well.

Too much of a risk for me. Rose has played every single preseason game ahead of him. Definitely not a certain starter.

Either man utd at 5.5 stand out. Ward at 5.0 is popular.

If Davies has been bought to sit on the bench I will eat my pants...and when you say every single pre season game......you actually aren't talkling about that many at all given he only joined end of July. Davies will play.

Spite

Quote from: dirkdiggler on August 12, 2014, 01:36:24 PM
Quote from: Spite on August 11, 2014, 08:01:20 PM
Quote from: dirkdiggler on August 11, 2014, 05:05:30 PM
Quote from: blue on August 11, 2014, 03:45:28 PM
Best defender 6m or less already have lovren and debuchy

Davies at Spurs stands out for me. Spurs full back will be high up the pitch, he will play everyweek as well.

Too much of a risk for me. Rose has played every single preseason game ahead of him. Definitely not a certain starter.

Either man utd at 5.5 stand out. Ward at 5.0 is popular.

If Davies has been bought to sit on the bench I will eat my pants...and when you say every single pre season game......you actually aren't talkling about that many at all given he only joined end of July. Davies will play.

Fair enough. Rose has started 5 and Davies 4 so there isn't much in it. Still think it could go either way but if you're so certain then back your gut! I thought Davies was a long term investment at just 21 but as I've said earlier, I just started getting into EPL (and soccer) from the WC onwards, I don't even have a team to support yet! (Although I have researched a heck of a lot)

The_Captain

Hows fantasy soccer work with price rises. Because even if they make money, then get injured, you dont actually get any profit on the price they went up, you sell for original price hey? Correct me if im wrong?

Jackross10

Quote from: noto07 on August 12, 2014, 03:59:21 PM
Hows fantasy soccer work with price rises. Because even if they make money, then get injured, you dont actually get any profit on the price they went up, you sell for original price hey? Correct me if im wrong?

It goes up when a certain amount of peopel buy the player. I think when 30k get someone in they rise 0.1million. You sell the player for half the profit.

Eg. Rooney. You bought at 10.5, he is now 11.1. If you sell him, you sell him for 10.8.

Correct me if wrong anyone.

Keeper27

Few interesting things pop up.
Key passes and successful dribbles.

Key passes 13/14
Eden Hazard - 85
Samir Nasri - 84
David Silva - 77
Moussa Sissoko - 71

Spite

Finished with my team I think, happy with how it looks :)
Feel very odd not going 3-4-3 but too much value in the mids to ignore I fear

CrowsFan

Had another play around today and pretty happy with how it's looking :)

Mannone (Pantillimon)
Lovren, Jones, Debuchy (Trippier, de Laet)
Hazard, Mata, Sigurdsson, Drinkwater (Arfield)
Rooney, Costa, Giroud

Only concern is Drinkwater/Afield. If anyone has any better suggestions for a 5.5 mid hit me up :)

Spite

Quote from: Honey Badger on August 12, 2014, 11:50:54 PM

Mannone (Pantillimon)
Rooney, Costa, Giroud

Only concern is Drinkwater/Afield. If anyone has any better suggestions for a 5.5 mid hit me up :)

Would change de Laet at the moment to a 4.0 such as wisdom, Moore, Bruce, duff.
It's an expensive backline, you'd want the back 3 playing each week so downgrade trippier to a 4.5? Chester, Ferdinand, mariappa (if fit), van aanholt all should get starting roles at 4.5.

Then you can change your drinwater/airfield to your puncheon/snodgrass/hendersons or maybe make one a 4.5 like Wanyama and the other someone like Eriksen.

Mutch is 5.5 if you just want that option instead

blue

Quote from: Spite on August 13, 2014, 12:28:20 AM
Quote from: Honey Badger on August 12, 2014, 11:50:54 PM

Mannone (Pantillimon)
Rooney, Costa, Giroud

Would change de Laet at the moment to a 4.0 such as wisdom, Moore, Bruce, duff.
It's an expensive backline, you'd want the back 3 playing each week so downgrade trippier to a 4.5? Chester, Ferdinand, mariappa (if fit), van aanholt all should get starting roles at 4.5.

Then you can change your drinwater/airfield to your puncheon/snodgrass/hendersons or maybe make one a 4.5 like Wanyama and the other someone like Eriksen.

Mutch is 5.5 if you just want that option instead

I went Shelvey but you already have siggy,I may change that to Mutch, the other one I considered was Sidwell at Stoke.
I'm also getting a little concerned with Debuchy rate of yellow cards