EPL Fantasy 2014/15 Thread.

Started by Jackross10, July 20, 2014, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmyparso

Quote from: tor01doc on July 24, 2014, 03:08:29 PM
Quote from: timmyparso on July 24, 2014, 02:54:54 PM
Quote from: tor01doc on July 24, 2014, 01:21:48 PM
Does anyone else keep pressing the info button on the teams posted only to find they don't open?  :-\

I keep pressing Keepers profile pic but she isn't opening either

The EPL info button does work for me though

The EPL button on the picture above!!??? Surely not!

Magic  ;D

Keeper27

dirkdiggler

Quote from: Keeper27 on July 23, 2014, 02:02:16 PM
Agreed. It's only my first draft.
That's why I left the money there.

Mainly looking for bargains.

Remy could be a very decent buy once he's in Liverpool red.
Not sold on Yaya just yet

I wouldn't touch Vermaelen at this point. He's not going to play at Arsenal, his form is awful Buyer beware
Sigurdson could be the bargain of the season, if he recaptures his form from his first spell at Swansea - although that diesn't tend to happen
Remy I like....but how will LFC use him?
Davies at Spurs interests me... as does Lamela, watch out for the left back at Saints who will replace Shaw...watch out for the left back at Swansea who will replace Davies.
May look at Eriksen....I think Spurs will do pretty well this season.....and I don't think LFC will do nearly as well. Luis Filipe is an absolute lock...Would avoid Diego Costa early..I sense he's overrated and overpriced. Dzeko lock...especially with Negredo injured and Ageuro constantly battling injuries. Herrera....very interesting at that price. Smalling and Jones could be great picks...United will go very close to the title with no CL comittements.
Just my early ramblings..... ::)

tor01doc

::) those are some mighty Bigg calls 'Dirk'!

T Dog

Does anyone have any info to share about Burnley players at all ?  ??? ..Trippier has been mentioned somewhere.
Always looking for an on field bargain cash cow or solid bench warmer. :D

dirkdiggler

Quote from: tor01doc on July 25, 2014, 12:13:24 PM
::) those are some mighty Bigg calls 'Dirk'!

mate...I am a gun at this stuff, don't you worry about my calls  ;)

dirkdiggler

Quote from: T Dog on July 25, 2014, 01:43:57 PM
Does anyone have any info to share about Burnley players at all ?  ??? ..Trippier has been mentioned somewhere.

very hard to pick with any real confidence. The squad has very little EPL experience and their signings thus far suggest caution as opposed to trying to find real quality to actually stay up.
Could look at Jutkiewicz...they spent a fair bit (for Burnley) on them so he is almost certian to play.
Kightly was on loan there last season and now they have signed him permantly....so again, siurely a big chance to play.

T Dog

Quote from: dirkdiggler on July 25, 2014, 02:04:33 PM
Quote from: T Dog on July 25, 2014, 01:43:57 PM

very hard to pick with any real confidence. The squad has very little EPL experience and their signings thus far suggest caution as opposed to trying to find real quality to actually stay up.
Could look at Jutkiewicz...they spent a fair bit (for Burnley) on them so he is almost certian to play.
Kightly was on loan there last season and now they have signed him permantly....so again, siurely a big chance to play.

Thanks Double D   8)

tor01doc

dirkdiggler

Quote from: Chelskiman on July 22, 2014, 07:21:19 PM
I'm in, lads.  I guess I'll be the first to post my team up.  I don't think it's a bad first crack tbh.

good opening stab. Giroud is a riskier pick than last season IMO. He isn't going to play every week.
Diego Costa is a big question mark for mine. New country, new team, and I would suggest loss of form at the back end of last season. He is absolutely going to be the focal poiint of Chelsea's attack but his price is excessive. He may struggle to adapt quickly to the EPL...So I think his price will drop early and I'd look elsewhere to start with

Jackross10

Thinking of playing 3/5/2 and going a few value picks in midfield.

Mannone (Myhill)
Bruce, Rafael, Cameron (Upson, Hooiveld)
Sanchez, Hazard, De Jong, Sigurddson, Tadic.
RVP, Sturridge (Zamora/4.5)

Defence is not amazing but solid enough I think.

dirkdiggler

Quote from: Jackross10 on July 25, 2014, 04:25:31 PM

Mannone (Myhill)

I would reconsider Strurridge. He might find life harder this season as will Liverpool. Liverpool were one trick ponies last season and teams will work them out. The loss of Suarez is massive, there forward line will be less fluid and I think Sturridge will be easier picked up by defenders/ midfielders tracking back (when he drifts wider). They won't finish top 4 and he is overpriced

Jackross10

Quote from: dirkdiggler on July 25, 2014, 06:29:49 PM
Quote from: Jackross10 on July 25, 2014, 04:25:31 PM

Mannone (Myhill)

I would reconsider Strurridge. He might find life harder this season as will Liverpool. Liverpool were one trick ponies last season and teams will work them out. The loss of Suarez is massive, there forward line will be less fluid and I think Sturridge will be easier picked up by defenders/ midfielders tracking back (when he drifts wider). They won't finish top 4 and he is overpriced

Have to have DStudge. I go for Liverpool and will be watching all matches, have to have one of them! Haha

Jackross10

DD. You think this would be better ? With StevieG?

Mannone (Myhill)
Bruce, Rafael, Cameron (Upson, Duff)
Sanchez, Hazard, Gerrard, Sigurddson, (Albrighton)
RVP, Rooney, Austin.

Jackross10

Fk supercoach. Hurry up FPL and EPL