2014 Review and Rule discussions for 2015.

Started by Ringo, June 24, 2014, 02:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SydneyRox

Quote from: Ricochet on June 26, 2014, 03:41:29 PM
Quote from: Ringo on June 26, 2014, 03:39:24 PM
My thoughts are doing away with 1 - 1 for trade period 1 but 1 - 1 to apply for trade period 2.
Yep agree with this mate

Quote from: Ringo on June 26, 2014, 03:39:24 PM
Also need comments on limiting player movements.  Currently 10 and extras for lower placed teams.
10 movements is heaps imo

Agree with Rico on both of these items.

Dont think extra trades are going to help lower teams unless you are talking about end of 1st round end of 2nd round picks??

kilbluff1985

Yeah 10 is enough a few teams went into rebuild last year and needed more but normally it's enough

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Ringo on June 26, 2014, 03:45:14 PM
Do you agree with the extra movements though for lower teams?

We are a bottom side at the moment so my views are a little biased but I think it is good to have some kind of bonus/helping had for teams that finish down the bottom.

Extra movements are great but if you have not many players that others want then what good do they do? For example aside from Kieren Jack we don't have many players of interest to other clubs aside from youngsters who we'd need to keep if we want to be competitive down the track.

I don't think extra draft picks for the bottom sides every season are fair but perhaps we could have a similar priority pick system whereby if you finish in the bottom 4 for two consecutive seasons (or win less than 5 games over two seasons) there could be an  extra end of first round pick.

Obviously this was a contentious issue in the AFL with tanking but in this league I can't see that happening as everyone can see the players you have to choose from every week so tanking would be obvious to spot and then the coach can be banned if it occurs.

Definitely in favour of the partial lockout for Thursday games, otherwise it's a nightmare to determine who plays and teams will have 0's too often.

Also if there is a Monday I think the partial lockout should be extended until finals teams for that match are announced as well.

Just implement a no loophole rule (penalty a loss of premiership points) like the AXVs to stop people doing that.

Ricochet

I agree with Memph on the extra movements not exactly being beneficial for bottom teams but extra picks should be. Also like the idea that only teams with less that 4/5 wins should get compensation

Purple 77

Quote from: Ricochet on June 26, 2014, 02:53:29 PM
Yeh also not a fan of games being decided because of that

Maybe it could be 20 bonus points to your total season points, rather than 20 points in the game?

Nige

A priority pick system would be okay I suppose.

Ringo

So how about this:

Teams with 4 wins or less get priority picks at end of first round based on finishing order eg Team 18 say won 3 games pick 19 and team 17 with 4 wins Pick 20. 4 Wins being the cut off point. (ATM only the Dragons 3 wins, Breakers and Steins with 2 wins and Giants 1 win would be eligible but still 5 rounds to go).

Tanking would be monitored and if proved would forgo priority picks at end of first round.

If Priority picks are passed then extra movements would cease. Prority picks could be traded.

Thoughts

Ricochet

Nige

kilbluff1985

To be clear on how the compensation picks work

Right now Giants would be compensated with pick 19 and get pick 23

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 26, 2014, 06:23:49 PM
To be clear on how the compensation picks work

Right now Giants would be compensated with pick 19 and get pick 23
Yeah, that's my understanding.

Ringo

As National Draft is a loop Draft and assuming Giants remain on bottom

They would be entitled to Pick 1, Pick 19 and Pick 1 in the second Round. (If current bottom teams still have less than 4 wins this pick would be 23).

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 26, 2014, 05:37:16 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on June 26, 2014, 02:53:29 PM
Yeh also not a fan of games being decided because of that

Maybe it could be 20 bonus points to your total season points, rather than 20 points in the game?
I did lose a game against Ric's team due to not adding up earlier. I would be second instead of third which could make a huge difference when it comes to EOS

What about people who don't either post the right scores or add up wrong? Do they still get the bonuses?

ossie85

SydneyRox

Happy with the priority pick idea for 4 wins or less.

Do we need to increase/change rules for not posting, and then subsequent not posting?