2014 Review and Rule discussions for 2015.

Started by Ringo, June 24, 2014, 02:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

My preference is partial lock outs for Thursday Night games with Full lock out on Fridays keeping existing emergency and sub allowing for late changes and any Monday changes,
Work involved with full Partial lock outs would require monitoring every game and tying yourself at a computer all weekend.  No time to go to games. You have to lock each game at bounce.

kilbluff1985

Yeah I think we just mean partial lockouts for Thirsday night games not the whole weekend

Nige

Yep, Ric and KB covered it.

We're essentially after a partial lockout.

Nige

Also gonna raise the co-captains idea.

It's working nicely in Worlds. While it seems beneficial for the most part, an example of it not working is last week in Worlds where I had Mummy score 152 as co-captain (x1.5) and Beams score 92 (x1.5). That's like 366 whereas if I had Mummy as sole captain and got 304 and then added the 92, I would have got 396. Sometimes, 30 points is the difference between a win and a loss.

But yeah, pretty does more good than harm.  :P

nrich102

I don't like the emergency rule, when you need to name 4 emergencies with one for each position. Think you should just have to name 4 emergencies regardless of the position.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: nrich102 on June 24, 2014, 05:51:28 PM
I don't like the emergency rule, when you need to name 4 emergencies with one for each position. Think you should just have to name 4 emergencies regardless of the position.

You can do that anyway just name them OOP

Like I do

T McDonald (ruck OOP)

Nige

Ringo takes into account the order in which you list emgs for the record iirc.

The thing with emergencies and the way I see it is that you're more likely to need an emergency for every position than more than one for a certain position.

Spite

Here are my thoughts;

1) partial lockout for Thursday night games like AF/RDT and full lockout on Friday. Captains and vice captain are LOCKED OUT on Thursday to avoid any loopholing. (Or just ban loopholing in general)

2) This is an idea I really like regarding subs. 4 emergencies are named (one for each position) and they are all considered "subs". Your lowest scoring player at the moment is generally subbed out for your mid sub emergency however, I would like to change the rule so that the player that scores the lowest, is only subbed for a player of the same position.
For example, Joel Tippett is a defender on the field and jared rivers is your back emg. Tippett is the worst score of the entire team and scores 20 but rivers scores 60 so his score replaces Tippetts.
This will mean that each position should have decent depth as you never know what position will be your lowest scoring one. At the moment, we would use Greenwood who is scoring 150s as a mid sub to replace Mullett scoring 50s or yarran scoring 30 or nicnat scoring 70. One player covers all, which means depth is not important. This is not right. Rivers scoring 70 should replace mullet for example.
Obviously a late means that the emg fills in the position. If a player from the same line is the lowest scoring player, then no sub will be made. This should stop loopholes because you effectively give up your sub opportunity and bench cover for the chance at loopholing which is a huge gamble.
A utility player should count as the first emg "sub" listed like it is now.

3) Draft. I do not think lower teams should get more draft picks. I like how they get an extra player movement or two. That is very valuable. 1 for 1 picks should be scrapped but be aware that this may result in more "unfair" trades and the committee will be called upon more often.

Nige

I like that idea Spite.

I think if a utility/interchange player can cover a late out in position, that should happen and then first listed emg comes on to the interchange. But yeah, if all players are subs and they replace their position's lowest scorer, that certainly works out nicely because it rewards depth as has been said and pointed out before as well.

kilbluff1985

Yeah I really like that idea about each emerg player is a sub for that position

Ringo

Well done Spite.

Need to do some refining on late outs and utilities but should be able to devise a rule covering all scenarios,  Will work on something.

kilbluff1985

Hey Ringo

This is pretty random

But when you update the ladder each week could you also post the ladder in the update post? just a bit easier and no extra work for you I assume

Ringo

What do others think of this idea. Easy to do as it is just a screenhot uploaded as a picture so just a matter of putting picture at beginning or end.

kilbluff1985

Oh I assumed you just pasted the image thing on the front page so thought you could do in latest post easy enough also

Like how Ossie does

Vinny

I like it at the end too, small thing but handy haha. Saves about 20 seconds of my life. :P