2014 Review and Rule discussions for 2015.

Started by Ringo, June 24, 2014, 02:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Quote from: nrich102 on June 24, 2014, 05:51:28 PM
I don't like the emergency rule, when you need to name 4 emergencies with one for each position. Think you should just have to name 4 emergencies regardless of the position.

I didn't know you had to one in each position? Never done it once.

U also want the +20 rule to scraped.

kilbluff1985

Ringo likes people posting scores so he can make sure the ones he has is correct

i don't think people will post them without the bonus so i don't see them going

Ricochet

Yeh also not a fan of games being decided because of that

Nige

Yep, it's an incentive and encouragement for people to actually post their own scores rather than simply posting their team every Friday (or Thursday).

Vinny

The main point of it is to make Ringo's job easier which is fair because counting up everyone's scores every week is a hell of work.

It is hard when some people don't have time but Ringo has to give up his time to do everyone's if we don't do one each.

SydneyRox

Quote from: Ricochet on June 26, 2014, 02:53:29 PM
Yeh also not a fan of games being decided because of that

I think Ringo would say not too many have come down to this amount, which BTW is essentially zero if both coaches post their team

Nige

Yeah, I'm not sure whether some people how tedious the admin work for comps like these could be.

While Ringo has spreadsheets and whatnot to streamline the process, when people do their bit as a coach it really makes his workload much easier.

Ringo

Happy with the discussion on the Bonus and happy to put to vote in the off season.

Whilst I have spreadsheets with formulae, pivot tables and lookups, there is still a bit of Manual work involved and I can make mistakes so rely on the posting to verify my scores.  Probably average one error a week over the season (3 last week though),  Biggest issue for me is as you can not get an excel download from Sportal I have to record each individuals score manually after each match and this is where most errors occur.

Over the 2 seasons only 4 matches have been decided by a team that lodges score updates and one that does not and Badgers have been the victims twice.

Would like some more comment on drafts and trades though as they would be the pressing ones if we are to change.

kilbluff1985

by draft you mean compensation picks? i'm on the fence about them really not fussed either way

i think you'll find everyone wants to scrap 1 for 1 trading probably have to bring it back after drafts though

Ringo

Yep but just seeing what options people come up with,

My thoughts are doing away with 1 - 1 for trade period 1 but 1 - 1 to apply for trade period 2.

Also need comments on limiting player movements.  Currently 10 and extras for lower placed teams.

Just a few little issues that need resolving bfeore trading starts.

Ricochet

Quote from: Ringo on June 26, 2014, 03:39:24 PM
My thoughts are doing away with 1 - 1 for trade period 1 but 1 - 1 to apply for trade period 2.
Yep agree with this mate

Quote from: Ringo on June 26, 2014, 03:39:24 PM
Also need comments on limiting player movements.  Currently 10 and extras for lower placed teams.
10 movements is heaps imo

Nige

Don't mind the limit on player movements atm, just don't do that extra picks for lower teams nonsese.

Ringo

Do you agree with the extra movements though for lower teams?

Vinny

Bottom 2 or Bottom 4 get an extra one I reckon.

Nige

Quote from: Ringo on June 26, 2014, 03:45:14 PM
Do you agree with the extra movements though for lower teams?
Yeah, that's fine.