Main Menu

International Cricket Thread

Started by Bill Manspeaker, June 10, 2014, 03:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

don't really expect this to get a lot of traffic but I only realised last night that this series is on Foxtel. so if you wanna talk about it, go nuts

Neesham in his second test, scores his second ton!

Stumps Day 2

NZ 7/508 dec
Wlliamson 113
Neesham 107

W.I 0/19

http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-indies-v-new-zealand-2014/engine/match/730277.html

Mailman the 2nd

Williamson has averaged over 70 since the beginning of 2013, looks a very good player now

nickstiges

NZ openers have to be the most inconsistent in the world every time I've watched them play over the past few years one will always fall for 0-10.

Nige

Didn't wanna make a new thread simply for this, and since this thread isn't gonna get much traffic, I don't think this is hijacking...

http://www.cricket.com.au/news-list/2014/6/11/four-wickets-in-four-balls-in-county-cricket-match

Pretty solid effort by Alfonso Thomas!

Bill Manspeaker

yeah heard about that! great effort. nah man you can say whatever ya want in here, only made it so if I'm watching it and something awesome happens I/someone else can just say something

Bill Manspeaker

New Zealand won the first test by 187 runs after bowling out W.I for 216, with Shillingford top scoring with 53 off 29 balls  :o

Mark Craig is the Man of the Match with figures of 4/91 and 4/97 on debut! he also hit his first ball in Test Cricket for 6. crazy stuff

BB67th

New Zealand are fast becoming a very good cricket side.

They have a good pace attack and a fine middle order. If they could find a top line spinner and openers, they could challenge the best.

Nige

Gary Ballance has made his maiden test century and PB hasn't said a word.  :o

Bill Manspeaker

I've changed the title to International Cricket so it's a bit easier to talk about anything going on in world cricket

Quote from: NigeyS on June 16, 2014, 08:56:33 AM
haha yeah that's what I come here to say. England really needed the runs too, nearly lost control of the test

okay still nothing from PB so thought I'd check last time he was on ...Last Active: Today at 07:36:05 AM... so he was around, just no reply. bad form PB :P

Bill Manspeaker

haha this puts a smile on my face;

alright so this wasn't televised unfortunately, but still had fun reading it ;D England needed 2 wickets off the last over of the test to win... FIRST BALL... WICKET

Broad to Herath, OUT, goes for the bouncer and it's sliding to leg, Herath got some glove on it... and he walks! Prior took the catch tumbling to his right, Reiffel nods and raises a finger but - wait for it - replays show Herath had removed his hand from the bat handle before contact was made! Why did Herath not review?! He wasn't out but he is out and now England only require one more wicket to complete a sensational win!

leaving Pradeep to face the final 5 deliveries (wont c/p every ball)

got very exciting on the fifth ball...

Broad to Pradeep, no run, good length, nipping back in to strike the pad - it's given straight away but Pradeep reviews! England explode in celebration but the batsman knows he has hit this, the replays quickly confirm it, inside edge on to his front pad... Reiffel has to overturn the decision and Sri Lanka survive another delivery

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Broad to Pradeep, no run, edged... but taken on the bounce by second slip! Jordan clasped his hands around it but he knew it hadn't carried, heads were thrown back, Pradeep and Eranga can celebrate, they have seen Sri Lanka home to a (unexpectedly magnificent) draw

man that would've been awesome to see

GoLions

Nige

It was a really good test, saw some highlights.

Nige

Murali helping out Australia by working with their spinners, namely Nathan Lyon.

PowerBug

Quote from: brad on June 16, 2014, 01:57:50 PM
I've changed the title to International Cricket so it's a bit easier to talk about anything going on in world cricket

Quote from: NigeyS on June 16, 2014, 08:56:33 AM
haha yeah that's what I come here to say. England really needed the runs too, nearly lost control of the test

okay still nothing from PB so thought I'd check last time he was on ...Last Active: Today at 07:36:05 AM... so he was around, just no reply. bad form PB :P
I only come onto FanFooty for the FTP board and the jokes thread nowadays. Yr 12 getting the better of me. :(

But that day at school, far out I let everyone know about it. ;D He is a gun, he's coming, England have him at number three in both tests and ODI's now, I'm telling you, he's the man. :D

BratPack

Quote from: NigeyS on June 18, 2014, 05:48:34 PM
Murali helping out Australia by working with their spinners, namely Nathan Lyon.

God himself couldn't help Nathan Lyon. Nathan Lyon is so shower that the internet meme song "Chocolate Rain" was written about his bowling spells