Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Chumps

Quote from: Purple 77 on March 21, 2015, 12:20:26 PM
2 games against the dogs, 2 games against the saints, I think the 2 GWS games are winnable, but they might take a big leap this year so maybe not. I'd see our game against carlton is winnable, and despite recent events, our game against essendon too.

IF melbourne is playing at their best, we would have a chance at beating any of the bottom 12 last year IMO. But that's a big IF.
Fair call.

Definitely think the 2 against the Saints should be wins. I feel like the Dees, Dogs, Carlton and potentially GWS are all at a similar level for this season. Should be interesting to see who winds up down the bottom. Libba out is a big loss issue for the Dogs.

Purple 77

Brayshaw was in Casey's best for the second week in a row  8)

I still like the idea of holding him back this year though. Just thought a NAB match couldn't have done any harm is all.

DazBurg

watching mitch clark last game and now today's
just continues to piss me off for you guys and i'm a bombers supporter

biggest load of crap ever

Big Mac

Purple 77

Quote from: DazBurg on March 22, 2015, 06:19:40 PM

I'm a believer of karma.

I believe a career ending injury is on the horizon... and I'll be watching it on TV when it happens  :D

Seriously though, this guy makes Tom $cully look like a choir boy... and I hated that guy

quinny88

Quote from: Purple 77 on March 22, 2015, 09:22:34 PM

I'm a believer of karma.

I believe a career ending injury is on the horizon... and I'll be watching it on TV when it happens  :D

Seriously though, this guy makes Tom $cully look like a choir boy... and I hated that guy

What are you implying exactly? That he faked having depression to leave Melbourne?

Big Mac

Quote from: quinny88 on March 22, 2015, 10:03:00 PM

I'm a believer of karma.

What are you implying exactly? That he faked having depression to leave Melbourne?

I don't think anyone accepts his 'depression' as an excuse for leaving the club

No one's saying that he faked it though

DazBurg

Quote from: quinny88 on March 22, 2015, 10:03:00 PM

I'm a believer of karma.

no one is implying that
but i think the huge payout he got from the dees should be payed back for 1
as i'm sure they agreed to that on the basis of being worried about his earning power due to said illiness
not that he'd take there money have a year off then go get money elsewhere

2. did he really need to leave due to depression?
or is it just like when he left lions because he said he was homesick
was all lined up to go to sydney i believe it was
then dees wave heaps of cash and bang off to victoria

(p.s not having a go at ppl with depression or speaking lightly of it i know a few people with it including my partner and i don't expect her to take my money then up and leave me for someone else due to that depression either :P )

kilbluff1985

I'm a believer of karma.

wow wishing a career ending injury on someone is really low

nrich102

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on March 23, 2015, 08:38:19 AM

I'm a believer of karma.

wow wishing a career ending injury on someone is really low

So is saying you have depression and taking a massive payout from the club to then come back less then 12 months later at a different club...

As is saying your homesick when you are from WA and going to Melbourne  ::)

Ringo

Not really wanting to buy into this argument but I lost all respect I had for Clark when he said he wanted to go home to WA only to end up at Melbourne for more dollars.

Whilst some homesickness is genuine I think the number 1 reason is dollars and relying on other factors to support the requests and decisions.

Ziplock

Quote from: Ringo on March 23, 2015, 09:37:46 AM
Not really wanting to buy into this argument but I lost all respect I had for Clark when he said he wanted to go home to WA only to end up at Melbourne for more dollars.

Whilst some homesickness is genuine I think the number 1 reason is dollars and relying on other factors to support the requests and decisions.

It wasn't home sickness, he was depressed, so quit the club and went home to recover.

Ringo

Quote from: Ziplock on March 23, 2015, 10:54:08 AM
Quote from: Ringo on March 23, 2015, 09:37:46 AM

It wasn't home sickness, he was depressed, so quit the club and went home to recover.
was attributed as his reason for leaving Brisbane.

elephants

I think its fair to say that Clark is a fairly shower human being. Even if he's had a lot to deal with, the way he's gone about it is all pretty poor.

Barra13

Quote from: Big  Mac on March 21, 2015, 12:29:57 PM

From our man Barra a couple months ago - would be interested to see if he's changed his opinion

8 wins would be my 'pass mark'

Following me around? Haha. I still hold true to that, I still aim for us to be close to the 8.