Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTTY

I'd actually have Michie in over Petracca too, at this stage (At least for round 1). Petracca's had a week of training, so it's hard to tell if he'll be ready to go straight into a full AFL game for round 1. Conditioning will be a key factor for him.

My preferred line-up for round 1 at this stage is:

B: Jetta              Frost            Garland
HB: Lumumba     McDonald     Dunn

C: Vince             Jones           Watts

HF: Toumpas      Pedersen       Kent
F: Howe             Hogan          Garlett

R: Jamar            Viney           Tyson

I: Cross             Michie          Grimes

S: Salem

EMER: Gawn      Brayshaw      Kennedy-Harris

Nige

Toumpas over Brayshaw? wat.

MTTY

Quote from: Nige on December 06, 2014, 12:36:36 PM

He's training extremely well at the moment. Added a hard edge (with a haircut/beard to match), is also over his low confidence issues.

Purple 77

Quote from: MTTY on December 06, 2014, 01:26:14 PM
Quote from: Nige on December 06, 2014, 12:36:36 PM

He's training extremely well at the moment. Added a hard edge (with a haircut/beard to match), is also over his low confidence issues.

Until he makes one skill error then is down in the dumps... but yeah, I'd have him over Brayshaw too.

Only change to MTTY's team, is I'd swap Toumpas and Watts, as I want to see Watts in the forward line personally.

quinny88

Let's be honest, Petrecca and Brayshaw will both be out there round 1

Big Mac

Quote from: quinny88 on December 06, 2014, 10:46:58 PM

Not as easy a decision as you think. I reckon they'll be made to earn it

quinny88

Quote from: Big  Mac on December 07, 2014, 12:13:35 AM

Obviously they won't be gifted a game but if they get through a good pre season they will play round 1. Would gladly put money on that

Mat0369

Quote from: Purple 77 on December 04, 2014, 03:48:25 PM
I think it's safe to say Brayshaw (by reports) is the complete opposite to certain top 5 draft that used to wear number 10...

My mate used to refer to him as "Future Hall Of Famer Cale Morton".

Big Mac

Quote from: quinny88 on December 07, 2014, 01:06:29 AM

Obviously they won't be gifted a game but if they get through a good pre season they will play round 1. Would gladly put money on that

I still think Roos will value the experience of Michie or the skills of Salem/Toumpas more

Those who see Frost in the best 22, do you think Dunn will be freed up in more of a rebounding role?

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on December 07, 2014, 10:41:13 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on December 07, 2014, 01:06:29 AM

I still think Roos will value the experience of Michie or the skills of Salem/Toumpas more

Those who see Frost in the best 22, do you think Dunn will be freed up in more of a rebounding role?

I think Dunn play's his best footy in a rebounding role, I really rate his kick. I think he was playing that role in that glorious month where he came in the All-Aus calculations briefly?

Although he seems to be able to do it, I never really picture him being a one-on-one defender.

MTTY

I'll still stick with my team as above. Both Petracca and Brayshaw have deficiencies that will need to be improved this pre-season before they play an unsub game. If they are able to address them then yes, they very well could be in the team, however I think they'll both start the year in VFL. Petracca really needs to improve his tank before he earns his debut.

I reckon Dunn will shift to a rebounding role, and possibly go up as a third man in contests. I prefer him in a rebounding role especially given his kick

Big Mac

Noz

Obviously Melbourne have done extremely well over the past couple of years so its pretty toughfor the 2 of the best young players in the country to get into the starting lineup.

MTTY

Quote from: Noz on December 08, 2014, 10:03:06 PM
Obviously Melbourne have done extremely well over the past couple of years so its pretty toughfor the 2 of the best young players in the country to get into the starting lineup.

Obviously.

Big Mac

Quote from: Noz on December 08, 2014, 10:03:06 PM

Because we all know that success in the TAC cup translates directly to AFL  ::)