Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

You know how they were saying on Bigfooty (I think) that Josh Kennedy was gonna come to Melbourne?

Well, it happened!

Mr.Craig

Josh Kennedy to Melbourne! Far out, did not see that coming. :o

Big Mac

Wow that's amazing! Just have to wait until his contract finishes in December  8) 8)

ossie85

Ricochet

Grazz

Ricochet

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/melbourne/news/2014-12-01/grimes-steps-down-as-cocaptain

MELBOURNE's Jack Grimes has stepped down as Co-Captain of the Club. Grimes informed his teammates of his decision at the Club on Monday afternoon.

Big Mac

Good decision - Was made captain too early on and now needs to focus on how he plays and improving that

Purple 77

I still love ya Jack, I still think you're capable of doing it, but no shame in stepping down to focus on your game, which is more important.

Nathan Jones is the guy I picture when I think of my Dees, so it makes sense that he would be the sole captain of the club, should the dees opt for it.

kilbluff1985

Brayshaw will be the next one

Big Mac

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 01, 2014, 05:34:52 PM
Brayshaw will be the next one

He will have to get in line behind Viney

kilbluff1985

Melbourne has also handed out their jumper numbers to their newest recruits.
Angus Brayshaw - #10
Christian Petracca - #26
Oscar McDonald - #28
Alex Neal-Bullen - #30
Aaron Vandenberg - #37
Mitchell White - #41

Purple 77

I think it's safe to say Brayshaw (by reports) is the complete opposite to certain top 5 draft that used to wear number 10...

Nige

Quote from: Purple 77 on December 04, 2014, 03:48:25 PM
I think it's safe to say Brayshaw (by reports) is the complete opposite to certain top 5 draft that used to wear number 10...
#gonebutnotforgotten

kilbluff1985

Melbourne
B: Neville Jetta, Lynden Dunn, Colin Garland
HB: Heritier Lumumba, Tom McDonald, Jack Watts
C: Jack Viney, Bernie Vince, Daniel Cross
HF: Jeremy Howe, Cameron Pedersen, Dean Kent
F: Christian Salem, Jesse Hogan, Jeff Garlett
R: Mark Jamar, Nathan Jones, Dom Tyson   
I/C: Jack Grimes, Viv Michie, Sam Frost
Sub: Angus Brayshaw

New: Heritier Lumumba (Collingwood), Jeff Garlett (Carlton), Sam Frost (Greater Western Sydney)
Unavailable: Chris Dawes (suspended), Jack Trengove (navicular injury)

Comment: Max Gawn is most unlucky to miss the best 22, but he will be ready to pounce if Mark Jamar's form drops. We've preferred Angus Brayshaw to Christian Petracca on nothing more than the fact he looks slightly more prepared to play at this stage. That could change by round one. Viv Michie gets a spot based on excellent form in the last month of the season but there is little doubt you could toss a coin and replace him with Rohan Bail, Aidan Riley, Ben Newton, Jordie McKenzie or Jay Kennedy-Harris. Melbourne's midfield depth has increased although its win tally remained small last year, and the club appears over-reliant on a 19-year-old key forward by the name of Jesse Hogan, who is yet to play a game. - Peter Ryan

Michie over Petracca is laughable