Main Menu

Richmond 2014 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 25, 2014, 02:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Starting this thread so we can talk about each game, team selections, results etc.

quinny88

Carlton in 2 nights time.. Please Richmond just beat them  :'(

Going to be wet weather so for mine I say get Jacko, Kingy and Arnot in. Could name 10 players that dont deserve to play after last weekend

Jroo

Good idea Quinny.
Can't wait until Thursday night, it's going to be a good game.
If Jacko is fit he must come in. We need a crumbling forward so Lloyd or King comes in too.
I hope McDonough keeps his place, I think he should.
I'd like to see Knights make his way in too, perhaps in place of Foley,

Ricochet

reckon McDonough holds his spot?

Also how safe if Griffiths spot in the team?

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on March 25, 2014, 02:48:02 PM
reckon McDonough holds his spot?

Also how safe if Griffiths spot in the team?
McDonough's will be performance based. We have guys to take his spot if he doesn't do too well.

Griff should be safe until Ivvy returns.

nickstiges

Looking forward to Thursday night, I'll be at the Richmond end, the guy wearing the Richmond memorabilia easy to spot.

Really want to see Knights play at the G, big supporter of his, I think he would take the place of Foley or McDonough, played across wing/half-back in the VFL this week so adds even more versatility to his half-forward capabilities.
Also reckon Jackson and King will come in for Foley and Edwards or Petterd.

quinny88

Listening to Dimmas press conference it sounds to me like Jacko is more likely to play in the 2's for another week.
I expect King to come in for sure. I would bring Edwards in too. He played well against Carlton in the final last year.

Carlton will be without Judd, Carrazzo, Walker but it seems it doesnt matter what side they have in they always get up against us

Jroo

Quote"We will see a change in the way we bring the ball in, the front six will pretty much stay the same with a mixture of Jack, Ty, Ben Griffiths will be down there, Chris Newman and those types ... but we'll try to get as many goals as we can through various amounts of sources," he said.

At selection, the Tigers are considering playing Daniel Jackson, but his limited pre-season makes it tough choice.

Recruit Matt Thomas will get either Marc Murphy or Bryce Gibbs, and Jackson, although naturally fit, wouldn't have the game legs to play either a run-with role, or as an out and out midfielder.

Forward Jake King another to be looked at, as will Aaron Edwards who kicked half a dozen goals in the VFL last week.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-coach-damien-hardwick-admits-slipping-to-02-would-put-tigers-on-back-foot/story-fni5f9jb-1226864395483

Toga

Good idea Quinny!

Would like to see Knights, Lloyd or King in for Petterd this week.

Toga

McDonough dropped :'(

Rance also out, with Grimes & Kingy to come in.

nickstiges

Foot injury for Rance, hope it's just a minor one.

BigMac_93

dissaponted to not see Knights get named again.

Nige

Knights not getting a game sucks.

Az Edwards stiff after kicking six in the VFL.

Gutted that Donuts was dropped.

Good ins though, happy to see Grimesy and Push-Up in.

quinny88

Rance is a big out but I rate Grimes very highly and think he will get the job done on his match up.
Tiges by 20

Jroo