Main Menu

Richmond 2014 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 25, 2014, 02:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Should work in our favour.

Gonna be interest to see Hammer up against his old side.

Ricochet

Alright boys, I've copped the full force of Webster and Clurey being not named so can you help me out here... how good is Griffiths JS? Is there anyone coming back in that would push him out? What role is he playing atm?

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on March 27, 2014, 07:05:07 PM
Alright boys, I've copped the full force of Webster and Clurey being not named so can you help me out here... how good is Griffiths JS? Is there anyone coming back in that would push him out? What role is he playing atm?
His JS will probably only worsen when Ivvy returns. He can play the swing man role, and is also there to pinch hit.

nickstiges

Was lining up to pick up member scarf when some of the players walked past, he's not on the injury list but Nathan Gordon was walking with a very heavy limp I'd say lower leg.
Would be surprised if he was selected in the next few weeks.

Nige

Toga

flowering hell they like making us nervous.

But stoked to notch up a win over the blues awww yeahh :D

quinny88

Literally blew my lid when Menzel snapped that goal in the last quater to put them within a point. Punched my chair half a dozen times and went out of the ground for a cool off. Couldnt bare to watch us get run over from Carlton AGAIN!
Came back in with a minute to go just in time to see Dusty kick the sealer! Such relief. What is wrong with us though! The last 4 times we have played Carlton now we have led by over 30 points only to have them storm home. Im gonna die young if this keeps up

Nige

I said this to Toges in PM just after the game.

Quote from: NigeyS on March 27, 2014, 11:02:29 PM
I cried, punched a wall, flipped a table, almost necked myself, got on my knees and prayed... thought I was moments away from cardiac arrest.  :P

Don't do that to me again, Richmond.

Nige

quinny88

Jroo

Great win last night.
1-1 to start the season isn't to bad and hey it's a lot better than 0-2.
Like Quinny said, I really thought Carlton were gonna run over the top of us in the last, lucky they weren't kicking straight!

Ricochet

1-1 now and with Bullies, Pies, Brissie in the next 3 you should be 4-1

quinny88

What I liked is that we actually fought back and WON the game rather than them just running out of time like round 1 last year. Thats a sign of maturity. Still need to get rid of these momentum swings but it was nice to actually finish with the last 2 goals and show some fight rather than letting them run over the top of us.

On the way home from the game I was listening to SEN and someone made a great comparison that its the same thing Hawthorn have gone through with Geelong for years. Losing the un losable games after having a good lead. We have been in control against Carlton the last 4 times and for whatever reason Carlton know that if they keep pushing then doubt and panick will creep in to our game and they can over run us. Hopefully that got us over a bit of a mental demon against the Blues and we can just slaughter them when we have the chance from now on

quinny88

Quote from: Ricochet on March 28, 2014, 12:11:02 PM

1 week at a time Rico ;)

We havent beaten the pies for yearsss though so would be nice to get one back on them

Ricochet

Quote from: quinny88 on March 28, 2014, 12:16:07 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on March 28, 2014, 12:11:02 PM

1 week at a time Rico ;)

We havent beaten the pies for yearsss though so would be nice to get one back on them
Haha. You will beat the Pies