Started by Noz, January 14, 2014, 02:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

is anyone going to watch Okja

new netflix movie looks interesting

kilbluff1985

went to see baby driver today was good

Nige

Yeah, I watched Baby Driver the other day and thought it was good. Granted, that was on my laptop so the quality was terrible. Hoping to see it in the cinema on a bigger screen to appreciate it more.

Also saw Spiderman: Homecoming and that was okay. Had some moments but found it kinda underwhelming in the end. A bit hit and miss as a whole.

jvalles69

Quote from: Nige on July 19, 2017, 05:52:15 PM
Yeah, I watched Baby Driver the other day and thought it was good. Granted, that was on my laptop so the quality was terrible. Hoping to see it in the cinema on a bigger screen to appreciate it more.

Also saw Spiderman: Homecoming and that was okay. Had some moments but found it kinda underwhelming in the end. A bit hit and miss as a whole.

Homecoming was good, I just think my expectations were too high unfortunately as Marvel has done such a good job with it's movies.  I pissed myself beyond belief at the interrogation scene though!  ;D

kilbluff1985

went to see spiderman with my nephew thought was one of the best ones actually

Nige

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 19, 2017, 06:12:45 PM

Homecoming was good, I just think my expectations were too high unfortunately as Marvel has done such a good job with it's movies.  I pissed myself beyond belief at the interrogation scene though!  ;D
Yeah, that might have been the issue I had too.

jvalles69

Quote from: Nige on July 19, 2017, 06:15:31 PM

Definitely the closest incarnation to Peter Parker and to the comic book, didn't like a few of the changes they made like with Flash and "MJ".

Nige

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 19, 2017, 06:21:01 PM

Definitely the closest incarnation to Peter Parker and to the comic book, didn't like a few of the changes they made like with Flash and "MJ".
I felt like Tom Holland was really good as Spiderman, but not Peter Parker.

jvalles69

Quote from: Nige on July 19, 2017, 06:52:54 PM

I felt like Tom Holland was really good as Spiderman, but not Peter Parker.

Yeah maybe, then again I don't think any previous actor has done a better Peter Parker, Tobey was way too emo and Garfield was way too dark.

Keeper27

I loved Homecoming. I feel it is the 2nd best Spiderman movie ever (Spiderman 2 being #1)
it had a good, relatable villain, the casting choices were OK, (Flash the only exception)
I dont mind a darker "MJ", and i know shes not the "REAL" MJ but she's ok.

Definitely the closest incarnation to Peter Parker and to the comic book

yep, agreed.

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on July 19, 2017, 05:40:06 PM
went to see baby driver today was good

haven't seen it yet, but everyone i know that has, has said it is great.
definitely top of my "want to watch" list

jvalles69

Have heard Atomic Blonde is way better than Baby Driver of movies that have just come out, bit of a female John Wick apparently.  Keen!  Might have to see Dunkirk before both though....

kilbluff1985

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 19, 2017, 11:53:53 PM
Have heard Atomic Blonde is way better than Baby Driver of movies that have just come out, bit of a female John Wick apparently.  Keen!  Might have to see Dunkirk before both though....

going to see dunkirk on tuesday

shaker

Saw Dunkirk today it was good some nice visual stuff but probably was expecting a bit more

enzedder

Quote from: shaker on July 20, 2017, 06:56:17 PM
Saw Dunkirk today it was good some nice visual stuff but probably was expecting a bit more
Saw it today and agree. It was good but had greater expectations based on raves about it. Enjoyed it and glad I went to the movies to see it but will leave the hype to others.

Nige

Saw it again in a cinema yesterday after the footy. Definitely enjoyed it a hell of a lot, also picked up on a few more little details that I didn't notice the first time.