Main Menu

Movies: Warning - May contain spoilers

Started by Noz, January 14, 2014, 02:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper27

watched Captain marvel tonight with the wife.
Enjoyed it, dont understand all the sexist hate against it.
gave it a 6/10

PS: only gripe i have about it from a geek POV is that the skrulls are made out to be victims/good guys.. while the kree are made out to be the villains. Truth is in the comics they are both c*nts. either than that it was a decent movie and tied up a few things before Endgame.

LF

Saw Shazam today with the kids,my son wanted to see it,my daughter and I would rather have seen something else.
But in the end I thought it was pretty good,lots of funny stuff in.

TomK

jvalles69

Quote from: TomK on April 24, 2019, 01:41:31 PM
Endgame. Incredible. 11/10.

Saw it last night, tied everything together pretty well, it was good, lots of stuff for comic fans, not sure if it's the best Marvel movie though.

kilbluff1985

GoLions

jvalles69

Not really a spoiler as it's in the trailers, but would love to see a Hawkeye/Ronin prequel where he John Wicks on the Yakuza, make it R rated and that would be epic.

TomK

Quote from: jvalles69 on April 26, 2019, 03:59:50 PM
Not really a spoiler as it's in the trailers, but would love to see a Hawkeye/Ronin prequel where he John Wicks on the Yakuza, make it R rated and that would be epic.
There were rumours the Black Widow solo film that's in the works was going to be R rated but that was quickly denied, and with Marvel Studios part of Disney now, I can't see them ever releasing an R rated film unfortunately. It's a shame cause we saw how good an R rated superhero movie could be with Logan.

jvalles69

Quote from: TomK on April 26, 2019, 04:28:46 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on April 26, 2019, 03:59:50 PM
There were rumours the Black Widow solo film that's in the works was going to be R rated but that was quickly denied, and with Marvel Studios part of Disney now, I can't see them ever releasing an R rated film unfortunately. It's a shame cause we saw how good an R rated superhero movie could be with Logan.

Yeah, a prequel widow film has been on the cards for awhile now, unlikely they can go R-rated like you said unfortunately.

Keeper27

Quote from: jvalles69 on April 26, 2019, 03:24:46 PM
Quote from: TomK on April 24, 2019, 01:41:31 PM
Endgame. Incredible. 11/10.

Saw it last night, tied everything together pretty well, it was good, lots of stuff for comic fans, not sure if it's the best Marvel movie though.

just seen it as i was away on Holiday.
gave it a 6/10. it was fun at parts and tied up everything nicely but it was just OK for me.

definitely a few geek moments for myself
an R18+ Ronan would be amazing

kilbluff1985

knives out tried watching this last night didnt really care for it just not my type

ford v ferrari dvd screener is out in torrent land gonna watch very soon with lunch

kilbluff1985