Main Menu

Movies: Warning - May contain spoilers

Started by Noz, January 14, 2014, 02:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

they should never have made the hobbit or HP7 into multiple movies ruined it for me....

the best movie i saw last year was Rush since i didnt watch American Hustle until last week

kilbluff1985

Have seen many bad reviews on American Hustle so it's not just me FYI

My Chumps

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 14, 2014, 05:44:31 PM
Have seen many bad reviews on American Hustle so it's not just me FYI
Haha, you don't have to defend your opinion on a movie man.

Cicjose

they are probably the same reviewers who hated on Savages

Toga

I'm keen on seeing American Hustle & The Hobbit, will have to watch Wall St now that everyone's raving about it :P

Jukes

Just waiting for the next Chloe Moretz film :3 Laggies @ Sundance

quinny88

Just finished watching the secret life of Walter Mitty and thought it was average to be honest  :-X

Vinny

Quote from: quinny88 on January 15, 2014, 10:33:32 PM
Just finished watching the secret life of Walter Mitty and thought it was average to be honest  :-X

I have to agree, it's nothing special for me.

Wolf of Wall Street on the other hand was siccccckkkk!

GoLions

Quote from: vinny on January 15, 2014, 10:59:44 PM

Yeah saw Secret Life of Walter Mitty last night and didn't think it was that great. Was going to see American Hustle but stupid cinemas had water damage and it got cancelled  :-\

Capper

Quote from: luvfooty on January 14, 2014, 03:03:23 PM
Quote from: vinny on January 14, 2014, 02:57:40 PM
Some great ones Ive watched.

The Truman Show
Source Code
Shawshank Redemption

I'll list more later but I recommend these three for sure.

Shawshank is awesome
Throw in Remember the Titans and Green Mile in there and thats probably my top 3
Remember the Titans is my number 1 for sure followed by super troopers and Little Miss Sunshine.

I like films by Broken Lizard (Super Troopers, BeerFest, Club Dread, Slamin Salmon) and sporting movies (Remember the titans, Miracle, Any given sunday, we are marshall, friday night lights)

I have seen American Hustle, good movie. Starts a bit slow but well worth it in the end

Have also seen Hunger games 2 but am yet to see Anchorman 2

kilbluff1985

yeah "We are marshall" and "Miracle" are great films

Jukes

I like a huge range of movies :P
My top 10,
1. Mr Nobody
2. Evil Dead Series
3. the Rocky Horror Picture Show
4. American Psycho
5. Hugo
6. Back to the Future Series
7. the Fighter
8. Drive
9. Kick Ass Series
10. the Blues Brothers
Just missing out: The Place Beyond the Pines, Aliens, Pulp Fiction, Monkey Shines, Requiem for a Dream, the Big Lebowski, Citizen Kane, Donnie Darko, Animal House, American History X and Fight Club.

vossy12

i work at a cinemas and have had lots of good views on anchorman and some mixed views on american hustle and hobbit, i also get free movies so yeah

BB67th

Quote from: GoLions16 on January 15, 2014, 11:32:06 PM
Quote from: vinny on January 15, 2014, 10:59:44 PM

Yeah saw Secret Life of Walter Mitty last night and didn't think it was that great. Was going to see American Hustle but stupid cinemas had water damage and it got cancelled  :-\
I saw it yesterday and I thought it was quite good. The cinematography was stunning.

Ziplock

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 14, 2014, 03:57:07 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on January 14, 2014, 03:49:29 PM
Did people actually like either of the Hobbit movies :P

I thought they were both pretty rubbish in the same way all the Star Wars prequels were....

i gave the first hobbit 10/10 i think and the 2nd 8.5/10 not everyone has the same views on a movie or the world would be pretty boring if we all thought the same

I liked them both a fair amount. I heard a lot of doging about the introduction of Legolas/ Thauriel, but honestly I thought it improved the story and made the movie better.