Main Menu

Movies: Warning - May contain spoilers

Started by Noz, January 14, 2014, 02:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DazBurg

saw escape plan the other night with sly stallone and arnie schwarzenegger

i love action flicks but even then i was quite surprised at how much i thoroughly enjoyed this flick

imdb even has it at 7.3 out of 10

Vinny

Wall Street download finished in 25 minutes 8)

kilbluff1985

oh geez where to start recently

The Hobbit 2 - as has been said if you like the LOTR you will like this i gave it 8.5/10

Rush 9/10 - excellent story

Lone Survivor - 9/10 really good war type movie

12 years a slave - 10/10 if you liked mississipi burning etc you will love this some really disturbing scenes always the case in slavery films

Bad Grandpa - 7/10 was ok just not my type of humour

Last Vegas - 8-10 very funny has Michael Douglas, De Niro and Morgan Freeman in it

Jobs - 7.5/10 this was surprisingly good about Steve Jobs creator of Apple

The Wolf Wall Street - 10/10 A MUST WATCH

Grudge Match 7.5/10 was ok nothing special

Dallas Buyers Club 6.5/10 did not do much for me

Blue Jasmin 6.5/10 was boring

The Book Thief 8/10 was good but but expected it to be more dramatic

Her 7/10 pretty weird movie but wasnt terrible

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty 9/10 really enjoyed this one of Ben Stiller's best

Escape Plan 8/10 i also really enjoyed this

that's all i can think of off the top of my head i named so many cause they are all recent ones

Mailman the 2nd

Did people actually like either of the Hobbit movies :P

I thought they were both pretty rubbish in the same way all the Star Wars prequels were....

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on January 14, 2014, 03:49:29 PM

I thought they were both pretty rubbish in the same way all the Star Wars prequels were....

i gave the first hobbit 10/10 i think and the 2nd 8.5/10 not everyone has the same views on a movie or the world would be pretty boring if we all thought the same

Nige

Oh yeah, really keen to see Lone Survivor, Rush and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.

LF

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is supposed to be really good so thats another on the to see list

And the Book Thief is another I`d like to watch as they compare it to The Boy in the Striped Pajamas and I really liked that movie.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: NigeyS on January 14, 2014, 03:58:00 PM
Oh yeah, really keen to see Lone Survivor, Rush and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.

i enjoyed them all ;)

bluray is on the net for rush and screeners for both the others ;D

kilbluff1985

Quote from: luvfooty on January 14, 2014, 04:00:25 PM

And the Book Thief is another I`d like to watch as they compare it to The Boy in the Striped Pajamas and I really liked that movie.

i don't think it's as good the boy in striped pajamas is much more dramatic then this

GoLions

Quote from: Noz on January 14, 2014, 02:51:29 PM
Anyone seen the new hobbit movie yet?
Yeah I really liked it, massive LoTR fan. Not too annoyed at how it differs from the book, as it's a movie which is always going to be different, and PJ has taken stuff which wasn't from The Hobbit in order to stretch it out into 3 movies.

Movies I would recommend are:
- The Departed
- Garden State
- Remember The Titans

Really wanna see American Hustle, The Wolf of Wall Street, and The Book Thief

kilbluff1985

American Hustle i thought was shower forgot that one

Nige

Ringo

Went and seen the Railway Man and quite impressed.

And obviusly after being in NZ at Hobbiton had to see the Hobbit.

My Chumps

Love myself a good movie.

Quote from: quinny88 on January 14, 2014, 03:13:50 PM
Let's keep it recent boys! Could name 500 movies that I've loved over the years but current ones that I would recommend..

The hobbit- if you loved The Lord of the rings trilogy and the first hobbit, this is just as good.

Bad grandpa- haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Even my old man was in tears and he's a hard man to get to crack a smile

Wolf of Wall Street- another awesome dicaprio movie. Best actor by a long way!

Still yet to see the new anchorman, anyone have a review on that? Have heard mixed things
Anchorman 2 was alright. Was doing well until about half way through, then you could just tell the writers had run out of jokes. Pretty humorous, but not as good as the first. 6.2/10

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 14, 2014, 04:14:18 PM
American Hustle i thought was shower forgot that one
American Hustle was a great film. Superbly acted and incredibly well made. My only issue is that the script was a little too convoluted, even for a crime film. 8.9/10

@GL, The Departed is an amazing film. Remember the Titans too. I was a little underwhelmed by Garden State however.

Really wanna see The Book Theif. Loved the book, interested to see how it comes out in film.

BB67th

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on January 14, 2014, 03:49:29 PM

That's a fair enough statement,  but the hobbit wasn't quite that bad. I feel there is a bit much in there that is just filler and it should have been cut down to 2 movies.

But to compare it to lotr, they are miles apart. Lord of the Rings was just about perfect in every way. The adaptation,  casting and soundtrack were all spot on.