AXVS: OFFICIAL TRADE THREAD (2013/2014)

Started by Colliwobblers, September 05, 2013, 11:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

Justin Bieber

Vinny

Noz

Cotchin had a poor year this year and still averaged 130 he could really push for 150-150 next year plus he will be your team captain. So he is pretty much worth between 260 - 300

Polec can't stay on the field to save his life, Curren has played 7 games for the Saints in 2 years. So both of them are unproven youngsters so far.

RidleyU

Quote from: Noz on December 09, 2013, 09:25:58 AM
Cotchin had a poor year this year and still averaged 130 he could really push for 150-150 next year plus he will be your team captain. So he is pretty much worth between 260 - 300

Polec can't stay on the field to save his life, Curren has played 7 games for the Saints in 2 years. So both of them are unproven youngsters so far.

And we lose a top 10 ranked defender in Harry. Polec is now back home and settled. Curren is a gun. Winner of Sandy B&F in 2012. Just needed an opportunity which he got last year. He finished the year with 115, 120 and 132.

Yes we got a captain but wow we gave up a lot for it.

Noz

You would of gotten a lot more for Cotch then a good defender and 2 players who are not even in the clubs best 22.

KoopKicka

Quote from: Noz on December 09, 2013, 02:42:24 PM
You would of gotten a lot more for Cotch then a good defender and 2 players who are not even in the clubs best 22.

If Curren isnt best 22 well then.....

Noz

Quote from: KoopKicka on December 09, 2013, 02:45:41 PM

Hayes, Montanga, Steven, Armitage, Jones, Ray, Savage are all ahead of him then he is fighting for a spot with Newnes, Ross and Billings.

RidleyU

Quote from: Noz on December 09, 2013, 02:49:22 PM
Quote from: KoopKicka on December 09, 2013, 02:45:41 PM

Hayes, Montanga, Steven, Armitage, Jones, Ray, Savage are all ahead of him then he is fighting for a spot with Newnes, Ross and Billings.

Curren is very best 22.

We didnt want to pay that much. Koops turned rook 5 into rook 3 and we nearly declined. The deal took nearly 10 days of negotiating. If Polec averages 80+ and Curren 100+ like Nost and I expect then we have paid way too much.

Time will tell.

Bill Manspeaker

Memphistopheles

Quote from: brad on December 09, 2013, 02:58:33 PM
Tommy Curren is in our best 22.

I think Noz' point is, Tom Curren may not be in the Saints best 22 in which case he won't play for the Eskimos.

The kid, and he is still a kid, only played a couple of games at the end of last season. Yes he impressed but to me that seemed more an audition for him to determine whether he stayed on their list the following season not a definite "if you play well you've got a starting spot".

With a new coach and possibly new direction who's to say Curren won't be on the outer again.

The trade was a massive win to the Crabs whatever way you look at it. Though I can see the Eskimos perspective that the trade improves their team.

BB67th

We've been through all this before. Koop could have probably gotten a better deal for Cotchin from someone. However this deal was not uneven enough to throw out, and you may find that Koop's team does benefit from it in the end. Football is a funny game and you never know what is going to happen next year or the year after that.

So let's wait and see how it all turns out before everyone bashes the trade.

Jroo

Quote from: BB67th on December 09, 2013, 03:23:10 PM
We've been through all this before. Koop could have probably gotten a better deal for Cotchin from someone. However this deal was not uneven enough to throw out, and you may find that Koop's team does benefit from it in the end. Football is a funny game and you never know what is going to happen next year or the year after that.

Yep, that trade wasn't too bad, definitely not as bad as the Masten, Blair for Harper and Motlop trade  :P

BB67th

Quote from: JROO8 on December 09, 2013, 03:28:47 PM

Yep, that trade wasn't too bad, definitely not as bad as the Masten, Blair for Harper and Motlop trade  :P
Or Dan Nicholson for Chris Mayne. I still think I got just about the best trade of all there.

Jroo

Quote from: BB67th on December 09, 2013, 03:55:42 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on December 09, 2013, 03:28:47 PM

Or Dan Nicholson for Chris Mayne. I still think I got just about the best trade of all there.
Yeah that was an awesome trade for you, Mayne is one of the top forwards.