AXVS: OFFICIAL TRADE THREAD (2013/2014)

Started by Colliwobblers, September 05, 2013, 11:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

Quote from: whatlez on October 25, 2013, 06:51:23 PM
All I know is my deal was better than yours :P

Both deals were very good and quite evenly matched to be honest. Very hard decision - Gumbleton at a new club with Freo midfield vs Lee at Saints and a brigade of youngsters was the clincher really.

Although the Saints could be challenging by the time we are - though I'm hoping we're not down for that long.

New look backline of Guthrie, Colquhoun, Tuohy and whoever we get for Adcock if he's traded. Plus a heap of older, playing depth guys - Patfull, J Hunt, McMahon and some youth - N Wright, S Wright.

Jroo

Quote from: whatlez on October 25, 2013, 06:51:23 PM
All I know is my deal was better than yours :P
flower off, I thought mine was better  :P
It was similar but Memph really liked Gumby  :o

BB67th

Quote from: tabs on October 24, 2013, 01:01:33 AM
Quote from: Adamant on October 24, 2013, 12:53:01 AM
This Period:

Bangladesh give: Nat #48

PNG give:

Next Period:

Bangladesh give: Michael Evans

PNG give: Andrew Carrazzo

tabs to confirm.
tabs confirming

APPROVED

As I don't yet have Mod powers, I will post reasoning for the trade being passed here and update the OP later on.

Reasoning: Pretty even trade here. Proven performer in Carrazzo who has had injury worries over the last couple of seasons so his currency is devalued. Evans looks to have good potential and the pick evens things out a bit.

Just so everyone knows how the trade approval is working between us, it's happening like this. We both have the power to approve a trade if we see it as clearly even and disadvantaging neither coach involved or the competition as a whole. If either of us has a problem with any trade, we will take it to the other and then discuss whether or not it should be approved.

Also Colli and I have decided that to avoid any conflict of interest, when one of us makes a trade the other will approve or disapprove it.

BB67th

Quote from: Memphistopheles on October 25, 2013, 06:21:31 PM
Well that was quick Jay - ruck depth achieved :P

Deal between Dolphins and Strikers has been reached.

Overall deal: Strikers give Guthrie + Rosa FOR Lycett + Mcglynn + NAT 28 from the Dolphins

We would like to split this deal over the trade periods even though it should be possibly to complete it in this one. Reason for this well be revealed in due course by me.

So like this.

This period
Dolphins give: Scott Lycett+ NAT 28
Strikers give: Matt Rosa

Once the above has been done both the Strikers and Dolphins should gain back a full list movement each for this trade period. Reason is I originally traded Rosa to Jayman and he originally traded me Lycett as part of an earlier deal. So one in/out back for each of us.

Next period
Dolphins give: Ben McGlynn
Strikers give: Cameron Guthrie

APPROVED

Reasoning: I feel that this trade is a little uneven in favour of the Strikers, but not uneven enough to not allow through. Based on averages and potential, I feel that Guthrie and Lycett just about cancel each other out. That leaves Rosa for McGlynn and pick 28. Rosa had a poor year this year struggling with injury and if he can get back to his best scoring he will be a solid midfield player. McGlynn is a goalkicker so he will continue to score well and the pick does make it slightly uneven, but not by a margin that advantages one team over another by too great a margin.

BB67th

Quote from: Memphistopheles on October 25, 2013, 06:43:26 PM
The Dolphins are busy, busy, busy with our list rebuild and have arranged another deal.

Full deal: Laos Elephants give Sam Colquhoun+Scott Gumbleton+Rookie 22+Rookie 38 for Jordan Lewis+Rookie 28+Rookie 44 from the Taiwan Dolphins.

We did get one list movement back in the previous deal with the Strikers but because we only have one this deal also has to be over both trade periods.

This period:
Elephants give: Scott Gumbleton+Rookie 22+Rookie 38
Dolphins give: Jordan Lewis+Rookie 28+Rookie 44

Next period:
Elephants give: Sam Colquhoun.

We're swapping a genuine fwd/mid premium for two unproven but talented players and a couple of slight moves up the rookie draft order. Fits in with our list rebuild nicely.

For anyone that is wondering - the reason we are doing most/all of our trading now instead of waiting for trade period II is as follows.

Because we will be drafting so many players this season I wanted to get our list sorted and set before the drafts so I have an idea of which types of players to draft (def/mid/fwd/ruc).

Also with this in mind we want to get the best picks we can - hence the upgrades in this deal.

I'l wait for the admins to confirm and process everything but, I believe we should now have 1 more in and 2 more outs left for the second trade period following today's deals.

I won't lie - the players we are looking to move out are probably Adcock and Stokes and in return we are interested in high draft picks and good young defenders. If you're interested let me know.

APPROVED

Reasoning: Another fairly easy trade to approve here. Lewis is a proven premium, Gumbleton and Colquhoun are two players that will be solid depth as they develop and the picks also even things out a little.

Jroo

Ales give: Shane Edwards + Rook 24
Tigers give: Thomas Bugg + Rook 58
JB to confirm

Toga

Sad to see this guy go, but think it's for the best, as I felt that my midfield depth was a bit shaky. Here we go:

MONGOLIAN LAMBS give: Jack Riewoldt + Jack Newnes

UAE TIGERS give: Hamish Hartlett + Chris Knights

JROO8 to confirm.

I know Hartlett will be mid only this year but he will slot nicely into a utility position, while the loss of Jack Roo is (slightly) softened by adding Knights to our forward line if he's fit. I think our forwards are a strength of ours however and think that we will be able to cope with the loss of Riewoldt as Charlie Dixon will be moving from our defense to the forward line this season.

**EDIT: Due to JROO's list movement situation I think we have to process this trade in the second trade period...

Justin Bieber

That trade took like 2 weeks to finally get agreed on hahaha

Jroo

Quote from: whatlez on October 26, 2013, 11:12:53 AM
That trade took like 2 weeks to finally get agreed on hahaha
It wasn't that long  ::)
I didn't mind giving up Hartlett to get Jroo, it was just I would've rather on-traded another mid so I can keep a list movement.

Justin Bieber

JB isn't known for doing trades against him :P ;)

Toga

Just edited the post, this deal will have to go through in the second period because of LM restrictions (on JROO's behalf :P)

Justin Bieber

Sells Jroo to get Scooter Selwood.

Nek year

Sells Jroo to get Hartlett + Knights.

Hmmm?

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on October 26, 2013, 11:11:25 AM
Sad to see this guy go, but think it's for the best, as I felt that my midfield depth was a bit shaky. Here we go:

MONGOLIAN LAMBS give: Jack Riewoldt + Jack Newnes

UAE TIGERS give: Hamish Hartlett + Chris Knights

JROO8 to confirm.

I know Hartlett will be mid only this year but he will slot nicely into a utility position, while the loss of Jack Roo is (slightly) softened by adding Knights to our forward line if he's fit. I think our forwards are a strength of ours however and think that we will be able to cope with the loss of Riewoldt as Charlie Dixon will be moving from our defense to the forward line this season.

**EDIT: Due to JROO's list movement situation I think we have to process this trade in the second trade period...
Confirmed, Jroo would like to welcome Jroo  :D 8)

Toga

Quote from: whatlez on October 26, 2013, 11:18:36 AM
Sells Jroo to get Scooter Selwood.

Nek year

Sells Jroo to get Hartlett + Knights.

Hmmm?

Whut?

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: JROO8 on October 26, 2013, 11:09:00 AM
Ales give: Shane Edwards + Rook 24
Tigers give: Thomas Bugg + Rook 58
JB to confirm