Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Coach number 1090 I think you're up to?  :o

Justin Bieber

The amount of coaches don't help the team's performance ;) :P

kilbluff1985

i like to get people involved that's all

Dayze

I wouldn't have had a clue about the XV comp if it wasn't for KB.
I give him props.

Vinny

KB, good recruiting. Dayze really knows his stuff as shown on the SC boards.

Welcome mate!

kilbluff1985

Birmingham Bombers has completed it's activities in the 2013 BXV NAT Draft and would like to welcome the following players to the club

Dominic Sheed

Sheed is a classy midfielder from WA who took the 2013 Under 18 Championships by storm, averaging 27.7 disposals and 103.7 DT from his four games and was named the Larke medallist as the best Division 1 player along with receiving All Australian honours. He finished with the equal fourth most clearances for the carnival. Sadly he also broke his collarbone which has put a dent in his preparations for 2014 but Sheed is still considered by most as a first round or possibly even Top 10 draft selection. While Dom's leg speed has been identified as a weakness, his endurance certainly isn't and he's shown the ability to cover 13km in games with ease. While the draft pool is filled with midfield prospects, there aren't many who possess his combination of clearances, contested possessions, workrate and flexibility. Sheed had a taste of seniors action in the WAFL during 2012 and again this year. He played four games prior to his injury with scores of 56, 65, 44 and 50.

Riley Knight

Knight is an inside mid/half forward who at this point hasn't received the attention he deserves despite having better skills than some of the more fancied prospects. A knee injury ended his season early and he will have limited involvement in the draft combine, but Riley was able to play all five games in the Under 18 Championships where he found himself in the less familiar half forward role. He averaged 16.6 disposals, 5.2 marks and 3.4 tackles with a DT average of 70.2. His 2013 performances in the SANFL Under 18 competition were epic to say the least, averaging 35.1 touches, 9 marks and 5.1 tackles for DT scores of 121, 139, 139, 137, 159 and 170. Yes, that's right - his lowest DT score of the year was 121!

Mitchell Harvey

The big redheaded forward/ruck had an interrupted start to 2012 when he was forced to take three months off after a basketball accident which could have cost him his life. This year Harvey used his size to good advantage, kicking 24 goals in 7 Under-18 games and having an influence in the ruck. His mobility stood out in some excellent performances during the Champs, averaging 11.6 disposals, 4.4 marks, 5.5 hitouts and 2 goals a game for a DT average of 66. While most potential draftees are busy trying to put on weight, Harvey went the opposite way - dropping six kilos during the year. He'll need to turn some of that weight into muscle if he's to have an impact on the AFL as a forward and pinch hitting ruckman.

Orazio Fantasia

Small forward/midfielder with good speed, agility, endurance and goal sense. Lightly framed player but is courageous and reads the fall of the ball exceptionally well. Was a consistent performer for SA in the NAB AFL Under 18 Championships.

Aliir Aliir

Born in Kenya of Sudanese heritage, Aliir is a tall defender who has developed into a rebounding defender. Can also go forward and kick goals. Strong overhead with good natural leap. Moved from Queensland to WA this year and has represented both states in the AFL Under-18 Championships in the past two years.

Darcy Byrne-Jones

Courageous medium defender who possesses an elite speed/endurance combination. Competitive player who attacks the ball and the opposition relentlessly.

its me lads

Good to be here.

Picked up some very nice players in that draft  :)

kilbluff1985

Birmingham has finished it's activity in the rookie draft and now have a full list of 45 players we would like to welcome our newest recruits and trust they will enjoy there stay as we build our #dynasty

Lloyd Perris
Fraser Thurlow
Cameron Wood
Kayne Turner
Martin Gleeson
Patrick Ambrose

kilbluff1985

Breaking News

Swaggers give: Tom Rockliff and Jordan Roughead
Bombers give: Marc Murphy and Jordan Lewis

Huge trade here for Birmingham pending approval from Ringo

Sees club champions Marc Murphy and Jordan Lewis shipped off to the Swaggers for an absolute young gun in Tom Rockliff and Jordan Roughead a young promising defender

Rocky will become the clubs new captain and lead the very young team into the future

Coach was heard calling Murphy a spud as he walked out the door

kilbluff1985

Bully

Greetings everyone, KB has just pulled me into the inner sanctum so I'll be on board for the duration of the 2014 season. I just perused the list and think there's some good talent to work with and some good recent drafting. Look forward to upcoming season.

kilbluff1985

Welcome aboard mate sorry couldn't welcome you yesterday was in the middle of a challenge with Vinny lol

kilbluff1985

on Vinny's request for some reason

Def - Burgoyne, Dempsey, Suckling, Hansen
Mids - Rockliff, Ziebell, Zaharakis, B Crouch
Rucks - Clarke
Fwds - Schulz, Belly, Caddy, Hall
Util - T Mitchell, Hartlett

Vinny

Flower that's strong, a fair bit stronger than the Owls if I'm being honest.

stew42

Tis pretty impressive isn't it?
If Zaha, Ziebell and Titch live up to their NAB hype (unlikely I know!) 'twould be excellent!