BXV Birmingham Dragons History

Started by kilbluff1985, November 25, 2012, 06:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

6th Trade

Staines Steins give Matt Suckling
Birmingham give Hamish Hartlett

Reason being Hartlett will lose his defender status and we don't really need him as a mid need a premo defender more so decided to trade him for Suckling

kilbluff1985

Trade 7

Owls give Gary Rohan
Bombers give Michael Talia

Simple reason although Talia will prob be more fantasy relevant then Rohan we need depth forwards more then defenders pretty simple really

kilbluff1985

And that pretty much wraps up our trading plans don't even want to do any more trades we have done what we set out to do it might not seem like it but this was all pretty well planned

Wanted to trade Wells and Cox for picks
Wanted to get another premo defender to replace Hartlett
Wanted to get another solid young mid with potential got Zaharakis
Wanted to get a decent young backup ruck for Clarke after trading Cox and got Bellchambers

yes we had to sacrifice our what was a pretty good forward line still feel it's not to bad but we plan to try and draft fantasy relevant forwards and hope they come good we are pretty sure Belly will get R/F also maybe even Murphy will get M/F unlikely though

Proposed Best XV FOR 2014

Def - Mackie, Suckling, Hansen, Atley
Mids - Murphy, Ziebell, Zaharakis, Vince
Rucks - Clarke
Fwds - Lewis, Schulz, Belly, Tarrant/Rohan :-X
Util - Crouch, Caddy/Tyson/Jones

elephants

Murphy as a M/F haha yeah and I might get drafted ;)

kilbluff1985

Quote from: elephants on September 26, 2013, 01:27:26 AM
Murphy as a M/F haha yeah and I might get drafted ;)

Champion Data take bribes mate but keep that a secret

kilbluff1985

Trade 8

Bombers give Mackie + Vince + NAT 72
Badgers give Andrew Swallow + Rookie 14 + NAT 50

Have to say i'm pretty stoked with this trade it's a win win for both clubs to achieve there goals while Badgers are after a premiership the Bombers we are trying to make there list younger Swallow may not be 100% by round 1 or even play for the first month or 2 but we are happy to be patient with him as long term he replaces Vince who averaged 105 and Swallow averaged 126

not only that we get a 1st round rookie pick and yet another bump of one of our NAT picks which considering how many guys we have to draft was a big goal for our list management now we have 2 1st round NAT Picks, 2 First round Rookie Picks and 7 picks in total in the first 3 Rounds of the NAT Draft 

kilbluff1985

Our plan with our picks is get the best Mid we can with NAT 13 then after that target Forwards that may be fantasy relevant as we feel this is easily our weakest line and hope 1 or 2 of our drafted forwards will be developed into starting forwards

Update on Proposed best XV for 2014 season

Suckling, Hansen, Atley, Clisby
Ziebell, Crouch , Murphy, Swallow
Clarke
Lewis, Belly, Schulz, Rohan/Tarrant
Zaharakis, M Jones/Caddy

kilbluff1985

Trade 9 Approved

Bombers Give Pick 13
Magic give Aaron Hall

Hall a young forward who played 8 games in his first season then 22 in his 2nd (current season) and averaged 79 for the season and 90 in his last 4 games our List Management have watched his progress and feel he would be a great addition to the team

Plenty of debate about if he is worth pick 13 only time will tell however it's very hard to find a team willing to let go of a promising young forward for a pick and we are very happy with the trade as it in increases our weekly team average by at least 30 because we don't have to play Tarrant or Rohan @F4 unless they improve there averages

Justin Bieber

It's actually a decent trade if you think about it. I would of preferred pick 18 or so though

kilbluff1985

Quote from: whatlez on October 19, 2013, 12:47:47 PM
It's actually a decent trade if you think about it. I would of preferred pick 18 or so though

i did think about it that's why i did it lol but yeah it increases our weekly average by about 30 or 40 points feel like he should only get better and GC should be a good team for a few years which will help him

tried to do it for pick 18 but Torp wouldn't budge even tried to get a pick upgrade to  ::)

but in the end i was going to target a forward with pick 13 anyway so i'd rather get a guy who looks like he will have a career in the AFL

stew42

It's certainly sound strategy. This way JS is guaranteed ;)

Justin Bieber

Hall could be edged out with guns like Matera returning.

kilbluff1985

elephants

Aaron Hall could explode and win next season's brownlow by 30 votes :P

Vinny