The Champions League

Started by ossie85, September 07, 2012, 04:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Memphistopheles on February 27, 2013, 08:58:51 PM
Quote from: whatlez on February 27, 2013, 08:33:41 PM
Quote from: Jayman on February 27, 2013, 07:56:41 PM
I agree with Nost here.

Keen for this to start. Hopefully the Strikers can scrape into the 4 in AXV. And as you all know, my Badgers are premiership favourites in British - just ask Lez :P
That's why I'm interested because with 18 teams, I think the weighing of the Badgers could easily win this comp.

Also for the 66 teams. Kick out the worst teams in the comps (seems harsh) e.g. Hawka Euros, Tbag Asian. And there you go. Then there's c4 worlds and Fisher Worlds.

I'm assuming you're having a joke here whatlez.

Unless there's something I'm missing about the Sportal scoring the Bradford Badgers team is not likely to make top 4 in the British league, let alone win the CL.

Hmm I added up the scores of the top 4 teams from last year and was ahead by at least 70. That doesn't include players like Matera, Fasolo, Prestia, McKenzie, Brennan, Barlow, I would say Brodie Smith, but he's injured :(, Hanley all improving from last years dismal averages.

Plus the fact that I have 4 mids who should average 135+ and with a 150+ captain scoring let alone 700-800 points in my 4 midfield slots. But that's not much to you.

Jay

I agree with Nost here.

Keen for this to start. Hopefully the Strikers can scrape into the 4 in AXV. And as you all know, my Badgers are premiership favourites in British - just ask Lez :P
That's why I'm interested because with 18 teams, I think the weighing of the Badgers could easily win this comp.

Also for the 66 teams. Kick out the worst teams in the comps (seems harsh) e.g. Hawka Euros, Tbag Asian. And there you go. Then there's c4 worlds and Fisher Worlds.

Unless there's something I'm missing about the Sportal scoring the Bradford Badgers team is not likely to make top 4 in the British league, let alone win the CL.
No joke mate. We are a definite top 4 team and should be favourites...

tbagrocks

No you won't be favourites, but decent chance odds, Gazelles aren't in the favourites, Strikers are underrated but there is a huge fight for the top 4 after the 3 favouries, watch out for the Lambs :o

nostradamus

Quote from: whatlez on February 27, 2013, 09:02:31 PM
I agree with Nost here.

Hmm I added up the scores of the top 4 teams from last year and was ahead by at least 70. That doesn't include players like Matera, Fasolo, Prestia, McKenzie, Brennan, Barlow, I would say Brodie Smith, but he's injured :(, Hanley all improving from last years dismal averages.

Plus the fact that I have 4 mids who should average 135+ and with a 150+ captain scoring let alone 700-800 points in my 4 midfield slots. But that's not much to you.

What scoring system is used?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: nostradamus on February 27, 2013, 09:29:06 PM
Quote from: whatlez on February 27, 2013, 09:02:31 PM
I agree with Nost here.

What scoring system is used?
Sportal.

nostradamus

wow....nice !!!

that might be handy having Swan and Ablett  8)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: nostradamus on February 27, 2013, 09:37:00 PM
wow....nice !!!

Oh no British is Sportal. The respected scoring system is used, but will be weighed from team sizes, inflated scoring from different competitions etc.

nostradamus

Quote from: whatlez on February 27, 2013, 09:41:34 PM
Quote from: nostradamus on February 27, 2013, 09:37:00 PM
wow....nice !!!

Oh no British is Sportal. The respected scoring system is used, but will be weighed from team sizes, inflated scoring from different competitions etc.

Ahh ok  :-[

Toga

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 27, 2013, 09:16:47 PM
No you won't be favourites, but decent chance odds, Gazelles aren't in the favourites, Strikers are underrated but there is a huge fight for the top 4 after the 3 favouries, watch out for the Lambs :o

8)

Might have a slow-ish start to the year without Tippett, but once he's back we'll be hard to stop ;) That being said I think our depth is solid enough to cover for Kurtley while he's shredding in the gym for the first 11 rounds :P

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Jayman on February 27, 2013, 09:09:07 PM
I agree with Nost here.

No joke mate. We are a definite top 4 team and should be favourites...

Ok I'm going to seriously have to have a look at the Sportal Scoring system then if you're favourites. Or maybe the British teams are much more evenly balanced that the Asians.

You've got an awesome midfield but your team looks very average in defence and up forward.

Also a word of advice - I'd definitely be starting Mzungu over Cassisi and Prestia this season.

Ziplock

sportal gives like 12 points for a goal and 6 for a tackle

I think thats the main difference...

JBs-Hawks

Thats sportsbet. Sportal is all about contested possessions

Ziplock

annoying names with sport in them.

ok lol :P

nostradamus

l dont care what scoring system or ajustment is used, l think the Russian Roulettes will be big contenders for the inagural title  ;)

kilbluff1985

lez is talking shower pickers team in BXV is better then his and i think my team is pretty even with his to

He has good mids but rest is shower my mids are a bit weak but they have potential and the rest of my team is very strong

he is in the top 3 teams in BXV but by no means favs