The Champions League

Started by ossie85, September 07, 2012, 04:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

So... how are we going to do it?

Holz

I would use a weighting system so lets say the average Euro Score is 1300 and the Worlds is 1400 we go the euro team whatever they score you multiply by 1.08 so its adjusted to a common scale.

This can be done to convert any of the teams comps to a central scoring system.

Than what I would do is maybee like the tennis you have seedlings based on peoples ranking with their averages adjusted to the central scoring system. I might be wrong but i think there are 64 teams. What i would do is have the top 16 teams getting seedings. Than the rest going random and than you play it out during the season. and you keep knocking teams out till you get to the grandfinal.

So there would be 7 rounds. So you dont start till later in the season when teams have played a few games so you can get a accurate average.

I would be happy to organise this. The winner would than hold the 15s champion team of the year.

ossie85

Quote from: Holzman on September 07, 2012, 04:54:19 PM
I would use a weighting system so lets say the average Euro Score is 1300 and the Worlds is 1400 we go the euro team whatever they score you multiply by 1.08 so its adjusted to a common scale.

Than what I would do is maybee like the tennis you have seedlings based on peoples ranking with their averages adjusted to the central scoring system. I might be wrong but i think there are 64 teams. What i would do is have the top 16 teams getting seedings. Than the rest going random and than you play it out during the season. and you keep knocking teams out till you get to the grandfinal.

I would be happy to organise this. The winner would than hold the 15s champion team of the year.

^ yes!

And given the Brits and Asia haven't started yet, we should wait until mid-season for scores and such

Holz

Quote from: ossie85 on September 07, 2012, 04:59:34 PM

^ yes!

And given the Brits and Asia haven't started yet, we should wait until mid-season for scores and such

yeah just thought about that and with teams changing soo much from trades you want to wait till later. This comp would only last 7 rounds so you can wait till halfway through the season.

Colliwobblers

That sounds like a good way to go. My initial thought was the previous seasons winners play off or top 4 from each.

Wasn't sure how to score the champions matches, thing is the teams are drafted and named for very different scoring systems especially Asians SB where mark + kick + goal = +20, and then the Euro's SC is very different also using key defenders that will get smashed by people like delidio and grimes in SB and DT scoring.

Was thinking you could take the two teams playing each other and use the mean score of their scoring system (say SC)and their opponents scoring system (say DT).

But the multiplier you suggest is probably the easiest way to run it. And the fairest way.

I have no issue with who runs it or how you run it just let me know if and when you need any help with setup, results ect..

Ziplock

So there would be 7 rounds. So you dont start till later in the season when teams have played a few games so you can get a accurate average.

I would suggest weighting each position rather than each team personally...

just a suggestion

picker_man

thats a great idea on how to do it Holz :)

So i will probably be playing myself with my asian's and euro's teams in the grand final hahah :P

Holz

Quote from: picker_man on September 07, 2012, 07:03:51 PM

So i will probably be playing myself with my asian's and euro's teams in the grand final hahah :P

I think Maca (Worlds), Meow (Euro), Bombers (British) would be the early favourites

picker_man

Quote from: Holzman on September 07, 2012, 07:11:36 PM

I think Maca (Worlds), Meow (Euro), Bombers (British) would be the early favourites

i like being the underdog ;)

Nails

And Nails - Asians ;)

Noz

Quote from: Nails on September 07, 2012, 10:58:53 PM

And Noz - Asians ;)

I agree mate  :)

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Noz on September 07, 2012, 11:00:44 PM

And Noz - Asians ;)

We will see, the first 6 picks "a team does not make".

BB67th

Quote from: Noz on September 07, 2012, 11:00:44 PM

And BB67th - Asians ;)

Good to see that we all share similar opinions on this topic :)

Noz

Plus i mate also add with the seeding i think it would only be fair to seed 8 teams. The top 4 finalists in the Euro's and Worlds as the Asians and British seasons haven't started yet.

Group 1                                         Group 2
World Team 1                                 Euro Team 1
Euro Team 2                                  World Team 2
World Team 3                                 Euro Team 3
Euro Team 4                                  World Team 4

Then the remaining 56 teams will be put in a random engine done by a outside party not involved in any of the World competitions, Not that i do not trust you Ozzie, Holz, MTTY or CW i just believe involving a third party would be fair in all sorts.

Nails

^ Could ask Monty to do it for us around 10 and then get the fixture done by the 2015 season ;D