The Champions League

Started by ossie85, September 07, 2012, 04:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Ziplock on March 14, 2013, 11:08:45 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on March 14, 2013, 10:56:49 PM
So basically the champions league is a year behind the normal league, in terms of qualifying. So what are your plans for future seasons the top 4 from each of the 4 comps go into the champions league the following season?

Would like some clarification on how you plan to run it all.

I think that's the plan.

It's just too hard to garner atm what a top 4 for the newer comps would be.

I understand and accept this but for the record all the AXVS clubs are ranked using champion data ranking system and our top 4 as per the ranking system, the entire league pretty much agrees with are clear cut.

Holz

Quote from: Colliwobblers on March 14, 2013, 11:22:09 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on March 14, 2013, 11:08:45 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on March 14, 2013, 10:56:49 PM
So basically the champions league is a year behind the normal league, in terms of qualifying. So what are your plans for future seasons the top 4 from each of the 4 comps go into the champions league the following season?

Would like some clarification on how you plan to run it all.

I think that's the plan.

It's just too hard to garner atm what a top 4 for the newer comps would be.

I understand and accept this but for the record all the AXVS clubs are ranked using champion data ranking system and our top 4 as per the ranking system, the entire league pretty much agrees with are clear cut.

Yeah I have monitored the rankings as an assistant to Laos but yeah the point of the champions league is for the teams to qualify the year before the comp. I'm sure everyone in the euro would rate my team in the top 4 but I didn't qualify last year so I can't go in the comp.

The World Cup on the other hand is done on this years competition so the Asian and British teams will have a shot at winning that one. I understand where your coming from but being a soccer fn I like how you need to qualify for certain comps and it brings more interest into the comp if there are teams that have made finals but are battling it out for champions league qualification.

Colliwobblers

Makes sense, I agree with the need to qualify - just thought a nominated 4 from each of asians and british could join to make it a champions league of the 4 theoretical best of each league.

theoretical because as you say teams change so much over the off season the champion leagues teams for the year they play in it may not be that years best teams (as they are last years best teams)

still it all makes sense. this is the right way to do it, just would have liked to see the first champions league have all 4 comps in it right from the start. for historical and stats keeping purposes.

still the 2 new leagues are just that a season behind so again can't argue with the decision or the logic.

Ziplock

Should we perhaps rate the teams based on the averages of their players the year before? ( I mean you'd have to adjust for injured palyers/ injury prone players, and it'd be more subjective... but if we ran it on a vote?)

Justin Bieber

Badgers for rhe wim cunys

kilbluff1985