EXV: Svalbard Valkyries

Started by Ziplock, November 19, 2011, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 19, 2011, 05:57:38 PM
Good try c4 but I have translated that easily. ;D
Quote from: c4v3m4n on November 19, 2011, 05:51:14 PM
Riccardo de Luca, from the Italian newspaper La Repubblica has a few questions from Ziplock.

1.Qual è il costo stimato della riqualificazione?
2. Come si propongono di riqualificare il Colosseo e mantenere gran parte del lavoro in mattoni originali e fauna?
3. Vi siete impazzito? Girando il Colosseo in uno stadio AFL è un insulto al popolo italiano e il loro lungo, ricco patrimonio.
1.What is the estimated cost of upgrading?
2. How do you propose to redevelop the Coliseum and retain much of the original brick work and fauna?
3. Have you gone mad? Turning to the Coliseum in an AFL stadium is an insult to the Italian people and their long, rich heritage

Next time I'll use a language that Google Translate doesn't have, then what will you do? >:D

Torpedo10

I will ring all my family and friends and ask them if they know the language you used. At least one of them will know.  ;D ;D

Ziplock

Riccardo de Luca, from the Italian newspaper La Repubblica has a few questions from Ziplock.

2. Come si propongono di riqualificare il Colosseo e mantenere gran parte del lavoro in mattoni originali e fauna?
3. Vi siete impazzito? Girando il Colosseo in uno stadio AFL è un insulto al popolo italiano e il loro lungo, ricco patrimonio.
2. How do you propose to redevelop the Coliseum and retain much of the original brick work and fauna?
3. Have you gone mad? Turning to the Coliseum in an AFL stadium is an insult to the Italian people and their long, rich heritage
1. I'm not at liability to divulge that. The church, who is covering the costs of upgrading and rebuilding has asked me not to disclose this sensitive information.
2. We have on our team, some of the greatest architects from over four generations. They'll be dealing with the specifics, but, they're very confident that they pull this off, while at the same time maintaining the history of the Colosseum- wouldn't it be, if anything, a greater atrocity to have such an impressive monument being unused for it's original function- maybe we no longer have gladiator fights, as these have been overtaken by modern day sports. But we'll be damned if we don't at least try to pay homage to this great landmark. 
3. Some people call it being a madman, personally I say it's closer to visionary. The Italian people are insulting their own rich heritage by leaving the Colosseum used purely as a tourist attraction, rather than in the spirit it was created for, by one of the greatest and most influential empires in history!

and more to the point, the Italian people insulted themselves by voting in Berlusconi, year in year out, until he ran their country in the ground. If they want a chance to fix their economy, without going into chronic and crippling debt, this is their only option. Embrace it.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Ziplock on November 19, 2011, 06:16:49 PM

1. I'm not at liability to divulge that. The church, who is covering the costs of upgrading and rebuilding has asked me not to disclose this sensitive information.
2. We have on our team, some of the greatest architects from over four generations. They'll be dealing with the specifics, but, they're very confident that they pull this off, while at the same time maintaining the history of the Colosseum- wouldn't it be, if anything, a greater atrocity to have such an impressive monument being unused for it's original function- maybe we no longer have gladiator fights, as these have been overtaken by modern day sports. But we'll be damned if we don't at least try to pay homage to this great landmark. 
3. Some people call it being a madman, personally I say it's closer to visionary. The Italian people are insulting their own rich heritage by leaving the Colosseum used purely as a tourist attraction, rather than in the spirit it was created for, by one of the greatest and most influential empires in history!

and more to the point, the Italian people insulted themselves by voting in Berlusconi, year in year out, until he ran their country in the ground. If they want a chance to fix their economy, without going into chronic and crippling debt, this is their only option. Embrace it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TylvUGJIi_w

Great answers Zippy.

Torpedo10

How many people can fit in the Coliseum?

AFEV

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 19, 2011, 06:23:58 PM
How many people can fit in the Coliseum LE?
Originally? Estimated to be around 50k if memory serves me correctly.

Ziplock

Yeah, max capacity is a bit under 50k atm, but with our rebuilding, lengthening and widening, we're expecting to get a fully functional 100 000 seater in.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Sid on November 19, 2011, 06:30:33 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 19, 2011, 06:23:58 PM
How many people can fit in the Coliseum LE?
Originally? Estimated to be around 50k if memory serves me correctly.

According to documents found dating back to 352AD, it could hold up to 87,000.

However due to the massive earthquake in 1349, where most of the outer south side was destroyed along with other sections, it has now been severely reduced to close to 50,000 people.

Maybe Zarts will redevelop it to its former glorious state?

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Ziplock on November 19, 2011, 06:32:06 PM
Yeah, max capacity is a bit under 50k atm, but with our rebuilding, lengthening and widening, we're expecting to get a fully functional 100 000 seater in.

Another question Zarts.

Currently the centre oval within the Colosseum is 87m long by 55m wide, how are you going to widen and lengthen it without destroying other buildings around the Colosseum?  ;)

Torpedo10

Zippy, Try and get some Italian Sponsors so the Italians will come to your home games. My home ground Camp Nou can fit about 100k too.Sadly we have failed in our attempt to remodel to get it up around 106k seats but we are looking at trying again in the next few seasons.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 19, 2011, 06:39:03 PM
Zippy, Try and get some Italian Sponsors so the Italians will come to your home games. My home ground Camp Nou can fit about 100k too.Sadly we have failed in our attempt to remodel to get it up around 106k seats but we are looking at trying again in the next few seasons.

I've got the perfect sponsor.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12256813

Ziplock

I've recently been to the colleseum, and there are no buildings of significance within the immediate vicinity that would need to be demolished to get it to afl length. It may be on the small side for an afl field, at the worst case scenario, but will certainly fulfill the minimum requirements for length and width. We are already in discussions with the local government as to organise permanent traffic diversions, as there is one road that the collosseum will end up engulfing, but there seems to be little issue in that area.

Our restoration is intended to keep as close to original as possible- the goal is to make the difference between the new and the old collosseum sections impossible to spot with the naked eye.

Ziplock

Quote from: c4v3m4n on November 19, 2011, 06:41:20 PM

that's weird C4, how did you know we were already in discussion with him?

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Ziplock on November 19, 2011, 06:43:38 PM
Quote from: c4v3m4n on November 19, 2011, 06:41:20 PM

that's weird C4, how did you know we were already in discussion with him?

It's my job to know everything and anything.  ;)

Ziplock

And the Valkyries anthem is up :P