Main Menu

Real Life Cricket

Started by Barlow 21, October 10, 2011, 07:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookie311993

Got my new stick today. Grant cricket bats. Made by a fella in Victoria, Caleb Grant

R.Griffen

First game of cricket for 3 years, batting at number 11

Team was 8/28 until the next pair put on 39 and lasted 25 overs until one of them got out. After we failing to get my partner on strike for the next over I was forced to face. To not look like an idiot I thought I'd block, the ball got between bat and pad and goes through to the wicket keeper. For all that I know I thought the ball hit the stumps and I was walking off until I turned around after taking a few steps. 2nd ball I was told just have a swing. The field come in cause i looked like s spud batsmam, full delivery outside off I hit a cover drive out the middle and the ball smacked a short cover on the wrist (saving 4 not trying to catch it cause he didn't move) I got off strike. Next ball my partner gets out. Opponents chased it down in 23 overs ending up 4/76

At about 6:30 tonight I received a message the guy I hit has a slight fracture in his wrist

Thats my cricket career

Tominator

did something similar in footy once.

Went to spoil a ball and an opponent came in from the side, so instead of punching the ball I punched (and fractured) his jaw. Broke my hand too hahah.

PowerBug

The junior team I umpired today managed to bowl 20 overs in 54 minutes in the final session. They fell that far behind their over rate they needed to bowl that quickly to finish on time. The overs went 90/4 as well so it wasn't overly poor bowling either.

Jay

Chasing down 200 for a spot in the Granny!

Good luck to anyone else playing today :)

Bill Manspeaker

good luck man. where do you bat?

PowerBug

Jay

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Jayman on March 22, 2015, 08:59:25 AM
Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on March 22, 2015, 08:46:22 AM
good luck man. where do you bat?
Opening up today dude!
nice man, expect you to be there at the end  8)

PowerBug

Bill Manspeaker

upthemaidens

Quote from: Jayman on March 22, 2015, 07:35:33 AM
Chasing down 200 for a spot in the Granny!

Good luck to anyone else playing today :)
Good luck Jay, hope you score the winning runs to go with your unbeaten Century   :)

PowerBug

Notice he hasn't come on to say what happened? ;)

And I was gonna umpire his match next week if he won :(

Bill Manspeaker

could be busy celebrating his match winning unbeaten century!

PowerBug

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on March 22, 2015, 06:56:59 PM
could be busy celebrating his match winning unbeaten century!
Or crying coz they got rolled for 41 and he got a shocker.