How is DT gonna work in 2011?

Started by shaydev, April 01, 2009, 05:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFC 1979

here's a left of field

it won't work

rocca

I think they should increase the salary cap by 5-10%, allow 30 trades per year (2 per week) and players from a team having a bye should get their average score from their last three games +5% or -5%; depending on which player it is as said in the jobe posts. Some players will recieve +5% and some will recieve -5%..

Fletch74

Quote from: rocca on August 08, 2010, 04:39:38 PM
I think they should increase the salary cap by 5-10%, allow 30 trades per year (2 per week) and players from a team having a bye should get their average score from their last three games +5% or -5%; depending on which player it is as said in the jobe posts. Some players will recieve +5% and some will recieve -5%..

Way too complicated, plus DT works on the actual salary cap given to each team in the AFL. They won't change that concept.

rocca

Quote from: Fletch74 on August 09, 2010, 09:03:52 AM
Quote from: rocca on August 08, 2010, 04:39:38 PM

Way too complicated, plus DT works on the actual salary cap given to each team in the AFL. They won't change that concept.

no matter how they do it, it's gonna be complicated. you got a better idea? and besides different afl teams get a different salary cap.

Fireballz

Quote from: woozie10 on July 21, 2010, 10:50:37 PM
Personally, I think that due to the 17th team coming into the real AFL, DT leagues should be increased to 17, and have a bye each week, just to coincide. Then when GWC comes in, increase it to 18.
Just a thought. What does everyone else think?
The DT leagues will always = However many AFL rounds they have, minus 3 rounds at the start for 2 games and 1 price rise, minus 4 rounds at the end for finals.
ie; 22 - 3 - 4 = 15 H&A rounds = 16-team league

So if the AFL make it a 24-round season; 24 - 3 - 4 = 18-team league

Right?  ???

Justin Bieber

Agree with woozie.

If the actual league has 17/18 teams in it, why not the fantasy leagues?

Could even start a round earlier (round 3) for leagues. Might throw a spanner in the works, but might fit in finals if needed.

ossie85

Quote from: Fireballz on August 09, 2010, 05:43:54 PMSo if the AFL make it a 24-round season; 24 - 3 - 4 = 18-team league

Right?  ???

Could very well be!

I like the idea of adding a 'pre-season cup' though. If they want to keep it as a 16 team league, i.e.:

1 Bye to being with, Elimination competition for next 4 weeks, 15 rounds, 4 weeks of finals.

But generally I'd like the # of teams  = # of teams in the AFL

juzzyj

Can someone please explain to me how dream team will work next year with 17 teams ??? Byes etc ??

Boomz

No one really knows much yet but have a look here for some ideas: http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/board,46.0.html

CFC 1979

all should be explained soon enough

then we have 6 months to get it right

CFC 1979

anyone looked at DT talk GF edition

2011 DT set up

AFL season will have 24 rounds

19 rounds have 1 bye but the biggy is 5 rounds with 3 byes

to compensate we will have 24 trades, 33 player squads + 3 bench possys in backs / mids / fowards. looks like only 2 for rucks

now that is going to be a nightmare

Justin Bieber

Looks alright. Benchies seem what most people want for cover and a trade for each round seems alright.

Now if we could find out the cap, that would be good 8). If it was the same as this year would be challenging :D.

CFC 1979

cap will be compensated or player prices HP

this is going to be a nightmare with 5 rounds of 3 teams out

also i am assuming the leagues numbers ( 16 teams ) and 22 rounds will not change so there will be a discrepancy in a few teams of how many byes we cop from them ( ie rnd 23 pies have bye + rnd 24 blues have bye )

Prospector_1

Hmm, 24 trades eh?

AFL has 24 rounds of H&A, but DT still has 20? No, if there's 24 trades then there's 24 rounds, surely? That's gonna mean byes in the leagues too ... so may as well have 17 teams to a league ...

ossie85

It's all gonna depend on the draw!! Will await with baited breath