How is DT gonna work in 2011?

Started by shaydev, April 01, 2009, 05:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Quote from: browny_wce on May 31, 2010, 03:48:53 PM
(studying for exams so obviously distracted by fanfooty)
working wonders for me at the moment ;D.

Reckon they'll either extend benches or have more trades. Gonna be hard working it out though.

Crustynuts

I personally like the idea of substituting in a player of equal or less value from outside your squad for the week of the bye.  Probably means we will all have reloving teams every week.  As for the the fixture that is the AFLs problem, they better no mess it up.

Cicjose

will this be the first time that DT and SC will have to contend with byes???

EAGLE4LIFE

i think that you will temporarily be allowed to remove you from your team for someone and it doesn't count as a trade and then get them back next week

FAT LAD

Players getting there average seems the best option don't you think? managing larger teams would completely change the dynamic of DT.

chrisuzz

Quote from: EAGLE4LIFE on June 02, 2010, 07:41:37 PM
i think that you will temporarily be allowed to remove you from your team for someone and it doesn't count as a trade and then get them back next week
Quote from: FAT LAD on June 18, 2010, 02:33:29 PM
Players getting there average seems the best option don't you think? managing larger teams would completely change the dynamic of DT.
im hoping that it is one of these two ideas i like the sound of both, but we wont find out till next year

chatters24

Next year must be such a headache the people funny the fantasy comps. Thank god it's only for one year!

SydneyRox

Thats right, it is only one year.... lets not make it too complicated. The suplimentary picks or being able to put reserves into any position ideas not only make it too easy but they over complicate the issues that will go away in 2012 when there will be no bye

CFC 1979

imagine if the AFL decide next year there will be a couple of weeks where more than 1 side has a bye ( to shorten the year to equal 24 rnds )

say the first 17 rounds the standard bye for each team but then variation to teams per week for the remaining rounds ( ie 5 rnds 3 teams, then 2 rnds 1 team )
equalling another bye for each of the 17 teams and 24 rnd season

now that woud screw up DT + SC good and proper

( ps - i think my maths is correct ) anyway you get the jist of it -anarchy

rocca

I think that the players who have a bye should just have their average score... it's the only solution which isn't really confusing!!  ;D

Bazinga

Fantasy competitions are unlikely to allow average scores for bye players, and certainly won't consider the idea of temporary trades.

If there are more players in the comp and more rounds (maybe) then there should be more trades available - i think 24 would be reasonable.

Another simple change - but I think it could help for the bye rounds, would be to have your 18 starting players (as per normal), then allow up to 2 emergencies from any one position to cover your bench. (This is more realistic towards the real game anyway) I.E. If you only had 5 midfielders available you could select 2 players from any of the other positions to cover your bench.

ossie85

I like that idea Bazinga, and have suggested it before, but I think that players playing out of position should be half-points or something like that.

Bazinga

bench players have a tendancy to cover more than 1 position anyway. Not many AFL teams would only ever have 1 player from each pos on their bench. Why should fantasy footy be the same?

If you were able to use 2 players from each position to cover bench spots there would be no need to have players out of position.

woozie10

Personally, I think that due to the 17th team coming into the real AFL, DT leagues should be increased to 17, and have a bye each week, just to coincide. Then when GWC comes in, increase it to 18.
Just a thought. What does everyone else think?

benjy251090

doubt that will work, it would just be too hard and the week/s in which more than one team has a bye would make it harder for the ones playing

i like the idea of 18 teams though, depending on fixturing of the real season (ie number of games, whether there is enough rounds to fit in finals and stuff)