How is DT gonna work in 2011?

Started by shaydev, April 01, 2009, 05:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisuzz

with the DT scoring if  aplayer does is not playing 1 round they may just automatically score last weeks score or there average. though this will make it very easy to chose a captain some weeks.

ossie85

Quote from: chrisuzz on April 10, 2010, 06:52:31 AM
with the DT scoring if  aplayer does is not playing 1 round they may just automatically score last weeks score or there average. though this will make it very easy to chose a captain some weeks.

Meh, I hate that idea!

Prefer that it is randomly chosen based on the average/standard deviation of that player's score! If it is a rookie, just give them a standard rookie score.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ossie85 on April 10, 2010, 07:04:07 AM
Quote from: chrisuzz on April 10, 2010, 06:52:31 AM

Meh, I hate that idea!

Prefer that it is randomly chosen based on the average/standard deviation of that player's score! If it is a rookie, just give them a standard rookie score.
100 for barlow ;D.

if that is put in place, would rather them do the deviation like ossie said. have more realistic scores than an average.

elephants

i live the option that players that have byes score their average for the season that sounds good  to me.

CFC 1979

not going to happen - nothing next year will made easy
more diverse teams will be required

think - they are putting up a lot of cash in these comp's. They will not make it easy just for a 1 year anomally

it will be harder than everyone thinks

peanut

Hey,
Was just pondering the arrival of the 17th AFL license to the Gold Coast and started having a panic attack.

There will have to be a team that is fixtured a bye next year each round, meaning dream team/supercoach scores for players form those teams will be 0.

I can't think of a way to fix this issue of players in a bye week. I suppose positional switching and bench choices will become even more important in 2011.

Of course, I'm bringing this up early and by 2012 it will be rectified with the 18th GWS arrival, but 2011 will be a very very different Fantasy canvas.

Thoughts?

jeffery

I reckon the players that don't play should score their average

Master Q

Quote from: jeffery on April 21, 2010, 06:40:06 AM
I reckon the players that don't play should score their average
But then choosing a captain should be easy, i think, more money for a bigger bench and a few more trades as you have more players.

jeffery

yeah i agree but its definitely gunna be different. The era for getting 5 players from geelong in your team will be over

PowerMan

I think the most logical solution here is "player caps" as in you can only pick a certain number of players from each team.

peanut

or do you back your Cats/Saints stars and take the loss in that one week? interesting too when you consider that some teams will have early bye when the league play hasn't started yet. That would be the team to jump on I'd say. As long as they're a top side.
Time will tell, ut surely a fixturing announcement will be made mid year

peanut

Bigger squads and weekly replacements the bets of your ideas I reckon.
Hopefully they don't leave it to bad luck.
A new element would be fun to manage, but they (DT programmers) would just have to go back to the old system the following year when GWS comes in, so they might not want to do all of the extra work for one season.

obrient

Maybe like a draft at the start of the year between your respective league.  For example you can each nominate a few players each that you would want to use as a replacement if someone is out due to a bye.  Then it would run as a draft normally would, you get 1st, 17th, 33rd picks or something like that.  Obviously you choose players that arent in your team, but they can only be used during a bye round when someone is out.  I dont know just what came to my mind lol

phatmaniac

ok.. suck it up princesses..

anyone who plays fantasy sports in other codes like Super14 knows that there is no amendments made for the byes, you just have to suck it up and take this into consideration when choosing your team, it makes you a better fantasy coach and adds an extra element of excitement..

for a year, and then we'll go back to full rounds.